Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who does your GUT tell you the Bucs are going to hire? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

indiana76buc

Second String

#30 : January 03, 2012, 11:59:03 AM

billick.............i just hope its not mike "put a jersey on" sherman that will not excite the fanbase

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#31 : January 03, 2012, 11:59:19 AM

Since the Bears just confirmed that Lovie is staying, my gut tells me that the Glaziers will go after the guy they were reportedly going after before they hired Gruden...

Steve Mariucci

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 03, 2012, 12:03:43 PM

Since the Bears just confirmed that Lovie is staying, my gut tells me that the Glaziers will go after the guy they were reportedly going after before they hired Gruden...

Steve Mariucci

Mooch?

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#33 : January 03, 2012, 12:04:30 PM

I think Billick has the pedigree and the moxie the boys are looking for. Plus, he has done a lot of the Bucs games for Fox and is familiar with the personnel. I have to say, I think he'd be the right man for the job.

After him, they could go Chudz, Murlarkey or Sherman (threw up a little on the last one).

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 03, 2012, 12:08:48 PM

Steve Mariucci

Mooch?

Is it just me...or when I see the names of Mooch, Billick, Herm Edwards, Mike Sherman...does anyone else have 100000 sirens blaring "HELL NO" in their heads? Please God, no.

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 03, 2012, 12:11:16 PM

Steve Mariucci

Mooch?

Is it just me...or when I see the names of Mooch, Billick, Herm Edwards, Mike Sherman...does anyone else have 100000 sirens blaring "HELL NO" in their heads? Please God, no.

With the others, yes. With Billick, no.

bucshot420

Starter

#36 : January 03, 2012, 12:17:16 PM

Steve Mariucci

Mooch?

With the others, yes. With Billick, no.

Agree.
Of the bunch I'm also hoping for Billick or Mularkey.  I think Billick has a bunch of his old assistants on speed dial, and could have a quality staff put together in no time.  Also I like that he knows the players strengths and weaknesses already from working the games, and he's high on Josh Freeman and has sound ideas of how to put him in an ideal situation.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#37 : January 03, 2012, 12:21:31 PM

Billick and i'm kool with it

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

dbrooks55

Starter

#38 : January 03, 2012, 12:22:40 PM

My gut still says somehow someway. Cowher (and I know this seems very unrealistic)...closely followed by Fisher, but feeling Fisher is only 50-50 now.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#39 : January 03, 2012, 12:28:24 PM

I'd like Billick, but my gut says Mularkey.

I'm not a huge fan of Sherman, but surprised at how many here are adamantly against. Pretty good track record.

The Shadow

Starter

#40 : January 03, 2012, 12:29:08 PM

Brian Billick. Bring forth "The Genius".

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 03, 2012, 12:30:21 PM

I'm not a huge fan of Sherman, but surprised at how many here are adamantly against. Pretty good track record.

If I recall correctly, it was Sherman's personnel decisions that were his downfall in GB. If he came here, I expect he wouldn't have full control over personnel.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#42 : January 03, 2012, 12:39:38 PM

If I recall correctly, it was Sherman's personnel decisions that were his downfall in GB. If he came here, I expect he wouldn't have full control over personnel.

I think that's right. I've heard he's a bit hard to deal with, but that could just be noise. There's something unexciting about him, but it's pretty hard to argue with the winning %.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 03, 2012, 12:40:07 PM

I think the Bucs strike out on the big names.

They end up with someone like Sherman.   Him and Dom have the same agent, just sayin.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JM2

Pro Bowler

#44 : January 03, 2012, 12:49:42 PM

Billick. Always liked him, maybe he can be the first coach to win super owls with multiple teams. "simple as a screwdriver," tells me he knows how to use the guys the Bucs have.

And with the first pick in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers select Teddy Bridgewater, Quarterback, Louisville.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who does your GUT tell you the Bucs are going to hire? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools