Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Coaching Candidates/Interviews « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 79

Bucs_Rule

Hall of Famer
« #15 : January 03, 2012, 05:39:22 PM »

Speculation is that Tenessee has not granted permission to Gray to interview, we will see.

@jwyattsports: Tampa Bay plans to interview #Titans DC Jerry Gray for their h.c job, reports St. Petersburg Times. TB hasn’t asked for permission yet tho

I thought we don't have to ask for permission if the other team is not in the playoffs and the if its for a HC job.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
« #16 : January 03, 2012, 06:26:19 PM »

Thanks for that Yreceiver, I am seeing some links to Billick and Mularkey as well.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
« #17 : January 03, 2012, 06:34:42 PM »

Looks like pretty strong interest at Jim Tressel according to a bunch of outlets, doesn't really fit the bill of what ownership said they were looking for though. Jets DC also was added, didn't know there might be interest in him. Much of this is just speculations/rumors, but with OBP the way it is, rumors might be all we'll get. No mention of Jack Del Rio and the Buccaneers that I could find.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #18 : January 03, 2012, 06:35:44 PM »

Bump!

We know Fisher is coming in now.

Link?

...from the nfl.com article:

“Everything I’m hearing points toward them going in a different direction,” La Canfora said. “Looking for someone more experienced, with an NFL pedigree, with some wins under his belt, playoff experience at this level.”

[pretty specific]

...from the Fox Sports article:

According to FOX Sports, other reported options for the Buccaneers include:

- Former Green Bay Packers and Texas A&M coach Mike Sherman
- Super Bowl winning coach Brian Billick
- Super Bowl winning coach Bill Cowher
- Current Oregon coach Chip Kelly
- Carolina Panthers offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski
- Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey

[Only half "more experienced, with an NFL pedigree, with some wins under his belt, playoff experience at this level"]
My mistake. At the time, it seemed confirmed.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
« #19 : January 03, 2012, 06:41:36 PM »

I have nothing on Jay Gruden, Rob Ryan and the only thing I found on Chuds is for Jacksonville right now.

YReceiver14

Starter

« #20 : January 03, 2012, 08:14:46 PM »

Stroud confirming Fisher is coming in at some point.

As per BucD!

@NFLSTROUD (Rick Stroud):
Bucs plan to meet with former Titans coach Jeff Fisher, but working with his schedule since he has several interviews lined up.

Titans Fisher, former Packers and Texas A&M coach Mike Sherman, ATL OC Mike Mularkey, Titans DC Jerry Gray all on Bucs candidate list

While Fisher and others may have bigger resumes, Bucs say it will truly be a level playing field for each head coaching candidate.

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

YReceiver14

Starter

« #21 : January 03, 2012, 08:50:06 PM »

NFLSTROUD Rick Stroud
Bucs also will not exclude NFL coordinators of [or?] college head coaches.

Dominik is being thorough.  This could take a while.

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #22 : January 03, 2012, 08:53:14 PM »

can Mularkey meet with the Bucs before the Falcon's season is over?  Is there a league rule or is it up to Atlanta?

BucD

Hall of Famer

« #23 : January 03, 2012, 09:14:35 PM »

Jerry Gray to meet with Bucs Wednesday

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

« #24 : January 03, 2012, 09:20:11 PM »

Bump, this may as well be the official coach search thread.

The Dolphins fans seem to think they've landed Fisher.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #25 : January 03, 2012, 09:22:50 PM »

can Mularkey meet with the Bucs before the Falcon's season is over?  Is there a league rule or is it up to Atlanta?

As best I recall there is some sort of dispensation since the previous rule of not until the season is over was leaving too many playoff coordinators stuck w/oi a chance to interview.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

« #26 : January 03, 2012, 10:02:59 PM »

Gray is more than just a "Rooney Rule" qualifier. The guy  is more of a Gregg Williams guy. He was defensive Coordinator of a Bills defense that was top in the league.
He was part of the staff when the Titans had the best defense in the league in 1999 and 2000.

He has really helped their defense. They had the 2nd youngest defense in the league but were in the Top 10 as far as giving up points.

Exactly right. Gray is very underrated. The Titans defense was solid this season despite the lack of elite talent, and his defense in Buffalo finished #2 overall in the NFL in 2003 and in 2004.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #27 : January 03, 2012, 10:30:19 PM »

Jeff Fisher (Former Titans' HC) - I would be ok with this.

Mike Sherman (Former Packers HC) - Was absolutely disgusted at first, but I guess a lot would depend on who he would bring with him as OC and DC.  Anything less than proven guys, with proven systems, we are setup for more doom.

Jerry Gray (Titans' DC) - Meh ... I'd rather see Mike Zimmer.

----- Rumored ------
Jim Tressel (Ohio State HC) - Dear Lord NO!  This will be nearly as bad, if not worse, than what we've seen over the past 3 years.

Mike Mularkey (Falcons OC) - Don't know how I feel about this one.  I'd probably rather see Rob Chudzinski.

Brian Billick (Former Ravens' HC) - I could live with this as well, but I'd like to see him bring a OC with him.  I really don't want to see a guy wearing 2 hats for a while.  It will be very important the next HC has complete focus of the team as a WHOLE and not distracted by just one side of the ball.

Jim Pettine (Jets' DC) - Meh ... I'd rather see Mike Zimmer.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
« #28 : January 03, 2012, 10:33:15 PM »

bump

try to keep this towards the top

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
« #29 : January 03, 2012, 10:38:05 PM »

Doubt Fisher commits to a team without interviewing elsewhere.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 79
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Coaching Candidates/Interviews « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools