Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Coaching Candidates/Interviews « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 79

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 03, 2012, 10:41:53 PM

Said it before and I'll say it again, the Rams are in the weakest division of every team Fisher is interviewing with, and they are giving him the opportunity to hand pick a GM. He'd be kind of foolish not to take that job, IMO.

Ju1ce

Starter

#31 : January 03, 2012, 10:43:56 PM

No way Fisher goes to Miami over Tampa.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 03, 2012, 10:57:01 PM

IMO I think it'll be between the Bucs and Rams for Fisher.

Like I said in another thread though....if it comes down to an easier schedule/division for any coach to take a HC'ing job then I don't want them anyway...

bizkitlimped

Hall of Famer
#33 : January 03, 2012, 10:58:48 PM

Said it before and I'll say it again, the Rams are in the weakest division of every team Fisher is interviewing with, and they are giving him the opportunity to hand pick a GM. He'd be kind of foolish not to take that job, IMO.

He wants a stable QB and I think we're all in agreement that Freeman is better than Bradford. Also, we have LeGarrette Blount whom Fisher made public that cutting him was his biggest mistake as a head coach. He now has the opportunity at a second chance. He has always liked the bigger style running backs. He had Eddie George and LenDale White carrying the load for him during his tenure at With the Oilers and Titans. Also out of all the QB's in the league currently, Freeman compares to his old QB in Steve McNair.

Everything this dude likes, we currently have.

MrsROD

Practice Squad
#34 : January 04, 2012, 08:47:58 AM

BUMP!

I love football...especially Buccaneer football

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 04, 2012, 08:57:39 AM

NFLSTROUD Rick Stroud
@aldobucs Haven't heard Grimm's name mentioned this time for any NFL HC job, but early in process

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#36 : January 04, 2012, 08:58:10 AM

NFLSTROUD Rick Stroud
Per Jim Wyatt, Titans Def coordinator Jerry Gray will interview with Bucs Wednesday

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#37 : January 04, 2012, 09:03:09 AM

Adam Schefter at it early, "Chiefs scheduled to interview Packers OC Joe Philbin tonight, according to GB source. Chiefs already have had "several interviews" for HC.". Not Buccaneers, but perhaps another name to take a look at.

VA_Buc30

Starter

#38 : January 04, 2012, 09:04:16 AM

Speculation is that Tenessee has not granted permission to Gray to interview, we will see.

@jwyattsports: Tampa Bay plans to interview #Titans DC Jerry Gray for their h.c job, reports St. Petersburg Times. TB hasnt asked for permission yet tho

I thought we don't have to ask for permission if the other team is not in the playoffs and the if its for a HC job.

That was my understanding of the rule as well.  No team can prevent their coordinators from interviewing for promotional moves, only lateral moves. 

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#39 : January 04, 2012, 09:07:33 AM

AdamSchefter
Chiefs scheduled to interview Packers OC Joe Philbin tonight, according to GB source. Chiefs already have had "several interviews" for HC.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#40 : January 04, 2012, 09:14:12 AM

Current Dolphin general manager Jeff Ireland has compiled a list of less-experienced and less-powerful candidates whom he's interviewing with Owner Ross. Interim coach Todd Bowles interviewed for the full-time job Monday, and Chicago Bears special teams coach Dave Toub arrived in Miami on Tuesday to have dinner with team officials, then continue his interview with a trip to the team facility Wednesday.  Jim Haslett also being interviewed by Miami.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d825b0e67/article/peterson-ireland-running-separate-coaching-searches-in-miami?module=HP11_headline_stack

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#41 : January 04, 2012, 09:16:40 AM

Interesting, seems the Dolphins are turning it up

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#42 : January 04, 2012, 09:19:46 AM

I guess Romeo is not the guy in Kansas despite playing spoiler to an otherwise undefeated Packers team. Perhaps he'll land some interviews elsewhere.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 04, 2012, 09:46:42 AM

I heard Billick talk about this the other day. He didn't mention the GM part, but he made a big point about the NFC West. He implied that nobody wants to but heads with Belichick every year (didn't talk about the NFC South).

Plus, Bradford is still seen as a potential franchise QB by a lot of these guys.

Billick also made a point of the 2nd pick in the draft, and how that could potentially be turned into lots of good additions. And the cap room ($40 million).

He said the biggest concern with the Rams is the structure - why is the team repeatedly in trouble/rebuilding? Save for a brief Vermeil/Martz period, the team has been terrible for some time.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#44 : January 04, 2012, 09:55:39 AM

Rick Stroud reports, "The Bucs plan to interview Falcons offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey"
http://www.tampabay.com/sports/football/bucs/article1208930.ece
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 79
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Coaching Candidates/Interviews « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools