Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why isn't Dominik Fired? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Sailing2smth

Starter

: January 03, 2012, 03:38:27 PM

I understand why Morris was canned, losing 10 straight and ending the season 4-12, I got it.

But why is Mark Dominik still around, isn't he responsible for bringing in talent, singing free agents etc.?  Was he not responsible for "the plan" that obviously did not work out.  So why does this guy stick around when his method is to build through the draft and not sign any free agents which does not work.  Shouldn't he be held responsible for not signing guys like Sproles, J. Joseph, Asmougha etc. when we had the opportunity to do so.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 03, 2012, 03:40:24 PM

I think that's a legit question. Surprised it hasn't been asked yet. He's just as responsible. Could be that they didn't want to hire another one since they have to hire an all new staff. Could be that they wanted to keep a guy around who knows the team well since everybody else was fired.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 03, 2012, 03:41:18 PM

legit question but this is like the 3rd thread today on this and there were others yesterday.

cyberdude558

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 03, 2012, 03:43:23 PM

Because he was given a contract extension last offseason and the Glazers dont want to pay him 3-4 years to do nothing while paying another GM a big salary.

Sailing2smth

Starter

#4 : January 03, 2012, 03:43:25 PM

legit question but this is like the 3rd thread today on this and there were others yesterday.

must have missed those threads...no worries, I will look at them.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 03, 2012, 03:45:14 PM

to answer your question though its probably the contract extention and the fact the Glazers don't know what the hell they are doing so they need a football guy to guide them.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 03, 2012, 03:45:41 PM

It was clear in the press conference. The Bucs were 10-6 last season, both he and the glazers were sold on the "youngry" and youth movement thing and were over confident. I think it was as simple as that, no conspiracies or anything. The plan failed and as long as MD takes responsibility and admits he messed up why get rid of him. He has shown he can address the perceived weaknesses through the draft very well. He was no doubt overconfident in some players on the roster and he has some mistakes but I think he is a smart man and will go to work on fixing things. I don't expect him stick with his past method as you are implying.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 03, 2012, 03:46:08 PM

Dom is good at his job, maybe that's why.

We missed the boat on sproles, big frikken deal. Drafting and FA signing is difficult. Sproles looks so good because of Drew Brees and the OC. He looked nothing like he did this year last year.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#8 : January 03, 2012, 03:46:53 PM

Because he was given a contract extension last offseason and the Glazers dont want to pay him 3-4 years to do nothing while paying another GM a big salary.

This.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 03, 2012, 03:47:18 PM

is that Doug Martin?

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 03, 2012, 03:49:13 PM

yes

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#11 : January 03, 2012, 03:52:25 PM

yes

need to get him in the 2nd round

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 03, 2012, 03:52:40 PM

If he's active in free agency he'll blast this organization back into the ice age. He'll make Robert Meachem the highest paid WR in the NFL.

DailyRich68

Starter
#13 : January 03, 2012, 03:55:05 PM

It was clear in the press conference. The Bucs were 10-6 last season, both he and the glazers were sold on the "youngry" and youth movement thing and were over confident. I think it was as simple as that, no conspiracies or anything. The plan failed and as long as MD takes responsibility and admits he messed up why get rid of him. He has shown he can address the perceived weaknesses through the draft very well. He was no doubt overconfident in some players on the roster and he has some mistakes but I think he is a smart man and will go to work on fixing things. I don't expect him stick with his past method as you are implying.

This.

Nobody was questioning Dominik and saying this team had no talent when we were 4-2.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 03, 2012, 03:55:31 PM

If he's active in free agency he'll blast this organization back into the ice age. He'll make Robert Meachem the highest paid WR in the NFL.

oh

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why isn't Dominik Fired? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools