Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Josh Freeman a franchise QB? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#150 : January 04, 2012, 04:00:02 PM

We'll end it with this - I agree next year will be very important for Freeman.
Agreed. I would just like someone brought in in case he falls on his face again. Rudy Carpenter? Yuck.
I'm torn.  On one hand, it's never fun to watch the team struggle, and I have roughly as much faith in Carpenter as you do.  On the other hand, if Freeman's career DOES choke and die next year, there would be definite advantages to the team winding up with a record that allowed them to draft a replacement.

If Freeman fails, then we won't have to worry about being in position to pick a new QB. We'll be right up there.

exactly the way I feel. If Freeman is as bad as some feel he is and if he plays like he did this season then the bucs will have their shot at one of the top qbs next year.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#151 : January 04, 2012, 04:08:19 PM

We'll end it with this - I agree next year will be very important for Freeman.
Agreed. I would just like someone brought in in case he falls on his face again. Rudy Carpenter? Yuck.
I'm torn.  On one hand, it's never fun to watch the team struggle, and I have roughly as much faith in Carpenter as you do.  On the other hand, if Freeman's career DOES choke and die next year, there would be definite advantages to the team winding up with a record that allowed them to draft a replacement.

If Freeman fails, then we won't have to worry about being in position to pick a new QB. We'll be right up there.
Oh, I agree.  I agree.  I was just addressing the hypothetical of us adding a backup qb who was actually worth something.

Theoldbuc

Starter

#152 : January 04, 2012, 04:24:39 PM

We were in the shotgun all year this year. He was still horrible.

Only after we were down 35-0 last sunday! But dream on. And it's one thing to turn to it after you're down by multiple scores. The teams that thrive in it like NO-NE-GB actually have that as their base offense. You know, that part that you spend most of your practice time developing. We spent most of our time preparing a run first offense, without being able to block for it, nor protect in play action.  Then after we dug a deep whole we expect a QB to work miracles. Then you throw in drop balls (many on 3rd down) and shazam, you have a crap season.

moose40

Hall of Famer
#153 : January 04, 2012, 04:34:32 PM

We get it, Raheem sucked, Olson sucked, Blount sucked, and Freeman sucked. We had a square peg being attempted to be driven into a round hole by a rusty screwdriver. So far two of those problems have been fixed.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#154 : January 04, 2012, 10:34:37 PM

Yea no creativity from Olsen at all. Hopefully this new OC can help freeman out.

I've always said Freeman needs to be in spread offense - like the Pats and Saints run.
No. Both of those offenses require quick decisions and accuracy. Two things Freeman knows nothing about.

Say what you will, but you're wrong. But I am sure you won't let facts get in your way. But it does raise the question, why was Olson so reluctant to go with a spread offense?

From ESPN 2010: "Tampa Bays Josh Freeman has been in the shotgun formation more than any NFC South quarterback and hes thriving. Freeman has completed 44 of 57 passes (77.2 percent) for 411 yards and a touchdown. His NFL passer rating is 102.3 and his Total QBR is 86.2, which ranks sixth in the league."

Makes you wonder what we might have done had we built the 2011 offense based on what was most successful in 2010. Instead we made our stand on a power run based offense that dug deep holes and we never committed to developing our obvious strengths to overcome. That right there is what gets coaches fired!

Bingo. I started threads earlier in the year, so did others calling for this. It was obvious even this year as bad as we were going that his numbers out of the shotgun and with 3, or 4 WR's were still respectable.

The play calling was terrible this year. LOLson was one of the worst Bucs OC's of all time this year. Just a little bit of common sense and we could have avoided this meltdown.

And BTW, Freeman was not terrible all year. He did have a few good games sprinkled in there all year. Unfortunately it was only about 6 out of 15 games he played in.

We get it, Raheem sucked, Olson sucked, Blount sucked, and Freeman sucked. We had a square peg being attempted to be driven into a round hole by a rusty screwdriver. So far two of those problems have been fixed.

The biggest issue on offense was the Oline. Which is why Blount AND Freeman both sucked almost all year long. Give freeman time and he can be effective, and give Blount some daylight and he is gone.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

tbc_bucs

Hall of Famer
#155 : January 04, 2012, 10:37:28 PM

Freeman will be josh franchise again soon.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#156 : January 04, 2012, 10:52:24 PM

Freeman will be josh franchise again soon.

I believe that.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Is Josh Freeman a franchise QB? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools