Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who Will Be the League's Top Free Agents This Offseason? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

michael89156

Hall of Famer

: January 04, 2012, 12:43:00 AM

Who Will Be the League's Top Free Agents This Offseason?

January 03, 2012 9:05 pm
 http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/

Then 2011 off-season made a lot of noise after the lockout, players such as Nndami Asomugha, Ray Edwards, Jason Babin, Cullen Jenkins, Sidney Rice, and Stephen Tolloch all switched teams last off-season and in the process it proved that some players can produce for a new team with a limited amount of time to learn that teams system or scheme. And due to that expect more of the same in the 2012 off-season which does not have a shortage of big names whatsoever, Here is a look into the FA market of 2012.

Dwayne Bowe- Bowe is one of the best WR in the game with 3 1,000 yard seasons. He is in his contract year and has produced a good season with the Chiefs. With the change in the Chiefs organization coming I am not sure if Bowe will want to resign. Expect him to sign with the Arizona Cardinals who have decent cap room, need a WR across from their star player Larry Fitzgerald, and is a likely Todd Haley destination this off-season.

Desean Jackson- The most explosive or used to be the most explosive player in the NFL, Desean Jackson looks to be leaving the Eagles do to attitude and lack of production. Jackson may not be the most determined player, but dont think that wont stop a team from taking a chance with the big play WR.  Expect the Buccaneers to sign Jackson, Morris has gone on record saying the offense needs more explosiveness and they have the money to give a big contract that Jackson has been trying to get from philly for a while.

Drew Brees- Do I really need to say? He is one of the best players in the NFL, and should be the MVP this year.  Brees is going nowhere and will be back in the gold and black next year.

Matt Forte- A great runner and receiver out of the backfield, the only way Forte will leave the windy city is over a contract dispute. I have faith though that the Bears and Forte will come to terms and sign Forte to be the franchise back of theirs for 4-5 years.

Matt Flynn- Flynn earned himself a starting job somewhere after his performance against the Detroit Lions. Flynn recorded 6 TD 1 INT and 480 yards. Even though unproven Flynn is a good QB prospect and a team that needs someone to be their franchise QB will take a chance on the unproven QB. Flynn is mobile, has average to above average arm strength, accurate, and smart. Everything a team is looking for a franchise QB. Possible destinations include- Washington, Seattle, Denver, Cleveland, Kansas City, Miami, and Jets.

Cortland Finnegan- Corner is a hot community during FA and teams usually give up a lot of money for them during it. Finnegan is lucky enough to be the top corner available which means he will sign a huge deal. It is his contract year and I think Finnegan will want to see his value in FA. Expect him to reunite with his former coach Jeff Fisher wherever he may end this off-season. 

Jason Jones- A good solid DE and will be valuable come FA time. He will provide decent run support and a pass rush. I expect him to go to his former coach Jeff Fisher wherever he may end up.

Victor Cruz- Did anyone know who Victor Cruz was before the season? I didnt. But that has changed after his breakout year in New York. I do expect Cruz to resign with New York and be Manning's favorite target along with Hakeem Nicks for several seasons to come.

Wes Welker- Some may argue Welker is a system WR and however tat may be true he still is a valuable target in the slot. I dont think Kraft will let a target like Welker go with the production he gives.

Carl Nicks- The best guard in the NFL. He is a great run blocker and pass blocker and New Orleans wont shy away from offering him the deal he deserves.

Michael Bush- Bush could be the best backup RB in the NFL and is worthy of a starting job. I expect the Browns to pickup Bush.

Ben Grubbs- I am expecting Grubbs to hit the FA market due to Ray Rice also being a FA. Ravens will likely let Grubbs walk and hit Rice with the franchise tag.

Ray Rice- I have already said it but ill say it again, Ray Rice will likely be hit with the franchise tag next year and will not leave the Ravens.

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 04, 2012, 12:56:43 AM

Grubbs/Nicks, Finnegan that alone would make me happy.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#2 : January 04, 2012, 01:01:42 AM

I doubt we get Nicks

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 04, 2012, 01:02:39 AM

Nicks would be my #1 choice and by a large token. Pun intended

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 04, 2012, 01:20:27 AM

I doubt we get Nicks

They have to re-sign Brees, Nicks, and Colston so they are in a bind.  And IIRC I don't think they have a ton of cap room.  So he may hit the market.  If your saying we would get outbid?  Thats another story.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Desmond

Second String

#5 : January 04, 2012, 01:35:56 AM

I think we make 2 or 3 big splashes this off season. I'm hoping for for Bowe, Grubbs/Nicks, and Landry

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 04, 2012, 01:40:02 AM

I think we make 2 or 3 big splashes this off season. I'm hoping for for Bowe, Grubbs/Nicks, and Landry

Agree on the three or so.  They would need to promise that to most HC candidates IMO.

My 3 would be....

Nicks
Finnegan
Marshawn

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 04, 2012, 01:51:04 AM

Beyond being outbid, we have to have a team he wants to come to.

Desmond

Second String

#8 : January 04, 2012, 01:51:13 AM

Agree on the three or so.  They would need to promise that to most HC candidates IMO.

My 3 would be....

Nicks
Finnegan
Marshawn

I'd pass on Finnegan, too many fights on the field for my taste. Now, Skittles, I wouldn't have a problem with that signing.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 04, 2012, 02:01:40 AM

Beyond being outbid, we have to have a team he wants to come to.

$$$$$$$ talks.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 04, 2012, 02:07:08 AM

Right now it depends on whom is going to be the next HC as far as Tampa Bay goes.

Seeing Finnegan out in the FA market probably does make Fisher a more attractive HC to ownership groups.

The best FA candidates out there are probably going to be Finnegan, Bowe, Welker, and Nicks. I'd be thankful for any one of them being brought in.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 04, 2012, 02:50:57 AM

My 3 would be....

Nicks
Finnegan
Marshawn

I'd pass on Finnegan, too many fights on the field for my taste. Now, Skittles, I wouldn't have a problem with that signing.

I would take Finnegan's passion over our present CB's anyday. 

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#12 : January 04, 2012, 03:12:49 AM

I think we should sign at least 75% of these players or it proves the Glazers aren't serious about making us winners.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 04, 2012, 03:31:07 AM

I still want desean Jackson.

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#14 : January 04, 2012, 03:34:15 AM

I don't think the Bucs will go for the flashy high dollar big names, it just doesn't lead to anything but inflated expectations that don't get met. They will add some veteran players to come in and plug some holes though.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who Will Be the League's Top Free Agents This Offseason? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools