Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who Will Be the League's Top Free Agents This Offseason? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#15 : January 04, 2012, 03:36:31 AM

I don't think the Bucs will go for the flashy high dollar big names, it just doesn't lead to anything but inflated expectations that don't get met. They will add some veteran players to come in and plug some holes though.

In case you haven't been following the lost cost undrafted free agents lead to inflated expectations that didn't get met. I'd like to try the other approach for a season or two.

BuccaneersMagic1282

Starter

#16 : January 04, 2012, 03:40:02 AM

I don't think the Bucs will go for the flashy high dollar big names, it just doesn't lead to anything but inflated expectations that don't get met. They will add some veteran players to come in and plug some holes though.

In case you haven't been following the lost cost undrafted free agents lead to inflated expectations that didn't get met. I'd like to try the other approach for a season or two.

They will, by spending smart on quality players who help the team rather than overpay to make a splash.

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#17 : January 04, 2012, 03:42:12 AM

They will, by spending smart on quality players who help the team rather than overpay to make a splash.

At this point, they wouldn't overpay if it guaranteed them a Lombardi Trophy.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 04, 2012, 03:44:08 AM

I think we should sign at least 75% of these players or it proves the Glazers aren't serious about making us winners.

If you listen to certain posters on here, you would think that a lot of Bucs fans would want that. But the reality is, most of us are OK with 2-4 solid FA signings and a good draft.

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#19 : January 04, 2012, 03:48:04 AM

I think we should sign at least 75% of these players or it proves the Glazers aren't serious about making us winners.

If you listen to certain posters on here, you would think that a lot of Bucs fans would want that. But the reality is, most of us are OK with 2-4 solid FA signings and a good draft.

Before this gets too far, I'm actually parodying those types of fans. I think you get this by your post but just to be sure for everyone's sake, I'm putting it out there.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 04, 2012, 03:50:20 AM

Before this gets too far, I'm actually parodying those types of fans. I think you get this by your post but just to be sure for everyone's sake, I'm putting it out there.

I have a good sarcasm meter so yes, I got it.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 04, 2012, 03:50:41 AM

I will ALWAYS prefer a good draft over an active FA. The Redskins and Eagles were extremely active in FA this season. The Cardinals picked up Kevin Kolb for an enormous contract. The Patriots brought in Ochocinco.

Outside of Sproles, Koenen, and Bush, were there honestly that many FAs who were worth it? I'm not being rhetorical, it's an honest question. Those are the only three I can think of who were major upgrades.

pancake block

Starter

#22 : January 04, 2012, 04:57:41 AM

my picks would be nicks (of course)....grimes and not finnigan and desean jackson.....move williams to the 2 benn to the slot........

MagicMike

Starter

#23 : January 04, 2012, 06:07:22 AM

Steven Tulloch, Jonathan Joseph, and Joseph Addai would have been solid signings this past season.  Tulloch and Addai signed 1-year deals and will be Free Agents again this offseason. 

buchead

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 04, 2012, 07:02:43 AM

I think the saints will find a way to resign Nicks :( they have Colston Brees and Nicks needing contracts. Colston is the odd man out. They have a WR (dont no his name) who was in a similar situation as briscoe. They over paid him to be on the practice squad because they didnt want teams getting him. There is just never enough room for him to play. Body wise he is a colston clone and he looks a step faster and more fluid.

Desmond

Second String

#25 : January 04, 2012, 07:20:09 AM

I will ALWAYS prefer a good draft over an active FA. The Redskins and Eagles were extremely active in FA this season. The Cardinals picked up Kevin Kolb for an enormous contract. The Patriots brought in Ochocinco.

Outside of Sproles, Koenen, and Bush, were there honestly that many FAs who were worth it? I'm not being rhetorical, it's an honest question. Those are the only three I can think of who were major upgrades.

It's not like you can have one and not the other. We can be active in free agency and draft well.

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#26 : January 04, 2012, 08:35:43 AM

I still want desean Jackson.

+1

buchead

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 04, 2012, 12:27:28 PM

Desean Jackson will be on the patriots next year. Between Welker, Gronkowski and hernandez, add in Jackson, and Brady could win 3 more before hes' done.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 04, 2012, 01:15:39 PM

I still want desean Jackson.

+1

Same here but he seems to be making nice with the Eagles now.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#29 : January 04, 2012, 01:19:41 PM

Isn't Finnegan just another Talib - without the gun charge? Desean Jackson would be great...even with the attitude problem.

What about Santonio Holmes? Does his act with the Jets turn you off to him? It would be the second team to decide the talent wasn't worth the attitude.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who Will Be the League's Top Free Agents This Offseason? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools