Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who Will Be the League's Top Free Agents This Offseason? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 04, 2012, 01:22:18 PM

Isn't Finnegan just another Talib - without the gun charge? Desean Jackson would be great...even with the attitude problem.

What about Santonio Holmes? Does his act with the Jets turn you off to him? It would be the second team to decide the talent wasn't worth the attitude.

DeSean was acting up because they broke off contract talks.   I think he would be fine in a new setting with a long term contract.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

DailyRich68

Starter
#31 : January 04, 2012, 01:25:33 PM

Beyond being outbid, we have to have a team he wants to come to.

$$$$$$$ talks.

Not all the time.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#32 : January 04, 2012, 01:27:07 PM

That was a joke about LaRon Landry, right?

He's brittle, and hasn't been good since Sean Taylor died.  If you are going to throw big coin at a safety, he better be elite.

HolyBuc

Starter
#33 : January 04, 2012, 01:29:12 PM

I will take Peyton Hillis, DeSean Jackson, Cortland Finnegan or Tracy Porter, Kellen Davis Chicago TE (he blocked the hell out of our DE) he is athletic also, and the center for the Texans Chris Myers? is also a FA.  Glazers have to understand that new HC alone is not going to fix this roster.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 04, 2012, 01:30:38 PM

I still want desean Jackson.

why? so we can have another scumbag with discipline problems on this team. Where is Vincent Jackson on this list he will be hitting FA, I believe.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 04, 2012, 01:33:46 PM

I will take Peyton Hillis, DeSean Jackson, Cortland Finnegan or Tracy Porter, Kellen Davis Chicago TE (he blocked the hell out of our DE) he is athletic also, and the center for the Texans Chris Myers? is also a FA.  Glazers have to understand that new HC alone is not going to fix this roster.

Substitute Marshawn for Hillis and that is a homerun,  IMO.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Brianpie2

Second String

#36 : January 04, 2012, 01:35:42 PM

I would not mind us picking up Micheal Bush.  Always liked the way he runs.  He is a pretty big guy and didn't Dom say last year that they want big backs?  But the best part about him is he is an all around back.  He can catch extremely well and is pretty good at pass blocking.  I think with him and Blount together we could really give some defenses some bruises!! GO BUCS!!!!!!!!!!!!

acacius

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 04, 2012, 01:38:25 PM

Glazers have to understand that new HC alone is not going to fix this roster.
You have to think that if they want to hire a coach with any sort of promise or desireability, a good bit of the interview process is going to be the coach interviewing the team.  That is, if I were Jeff Fisher, for example, there's no way in heck I'd take a job with the Bucs unless the Glazers managed to convince me that they did, in fact, understand and intend to act on that fact.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 04, 2012, 01:47:09 PM

You have to think that if they want to hire a coach with any sort of promise or desireability, a good bit of the interview process is going to be the coach interviewing the team.  That is, if I were Jeff Fisher, for example, there's no way in heck I'd take a job with the Bucs unless the Glazers managed to convince me that they did, in fact, understand and intend to act on that fact.

Disagree.  I think the new HC will be more concerned with what kind of dough they are going to invest in free agency.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

acacius

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 04, 2012, 01:57:49 PM

Disagree.  I think the new HC will be more concerned with what kind of dough they are going to invest in free agency.
How does that disagree with what I wrote?  To be clear, I was referring to the quoted statement by Feodus when I said "that fact".  That is, if I were a head coaching candidate, the only way I would take this job is if the Glazers could convince me that they were committed to spending the resources to improve the roster so that I wasn't being set up to fail.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 04, 2012, 02:04:31 PM

How does that disagree with what I wrote?  To be clear, I was referring to the quoted statement by Feodus when I said "that fact".  That is, if I were a head coaching candidate, the only way I would take this job is if the Glazers could convince me that they were committed to spending the resources to improve the roster so that I wasn't being set up to fail.

Yes I see what your saying now.  I took your statement to mean the new HC would be more interested in interviewing the team.... as in players.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 04, 2012, 02:05:58 PM

I think we should sign at least 75% of these players or it proves the Glazers aren't serious about making us winners.

Your dreaming. No team would sign 75% of those free agents.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 04, 2012, 02:07:53 PM

I gotcha.  Sorry for the lack of clarity.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 04, 2012, 02:08:27 PM

In fact, I'll be shocked if we end up with even one person on that list.

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#44 : January 04, 2012, 02:13:30 PM

I think we should sign at least 75% of these players or it proves the Glazers aren't serious about making us winners.

Your dreaming. No team would sign 75% of those free agents.

A team really committed to winning would. A team just trying to save money for a soccer team surely wouldn't.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who Will Be the League's Top Free Agents This Offseason? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools