Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who Will Be the League's Top Free Agents This Offseason? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

grandpaboy

Second String

#75 : January 05, 2012, 12:56:51 PM

Forte is the best player on that list.  Had 1,500 yards rushing and receiving in just over 11 games.  Blount wishes he could do half of what Forte does.

I would take Marshawn over Forte.  But they probably both get re-signed to their own teams.

Obviously I would take either over what the Bucs currently have.  I would love to see them bring in Grimm as the coach, who has a great track record with great running games, and invest in either of those guys and focus on defense and WR/TE in draft.

I like Blount and think he will be fine going forward.  I would invest my $$$$ in the O-line.

He's a bit too one dimensional and inconsistant for me.  I actually like the O-line with the exception of Trueblood but he might be servicable with the right coaching.  Any free agents out there who can help them stop the run or are they just poorly coached?  As frustrating as an inconsistant offense is there is nothing worse than getting gashed for 10 yards every play by the opponent.  I am not used to seeing that as a Bucs fan and it has become common place here. 

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#76 : January 05, 2012, 01:03:03 PM

Forte is the best player on that list.  Had 1,500 yards rushing and receiving in just over 11 games.  Blount wishes he could do half of what Forte does.

I would take Marshawn over Forte.  But they probably both get re-signed to their own teams.

Obviously I would take either over what the Bucs currently have.  I would love to see them bring in Grimm as the coach, who has a great track record with great running games, and invest in either of those guys and focus on defense and WR/TE in draft.

I like Blount and think he will be fine going forward.  I would invest my $$$$ in the O-line.

He's a bit too one dimensional and inconsistant for me.  I actually like the O-line with the exception of Trueblood but he might be servicable with the right coaching.  Any free agents out there who can help them stop the run or are they just poorly coached?  As frustrating as an inconsistant offense is there is nothing worse than getting gashed for 10 yards every play by the opponent.  I am not used to seeing that as a Bucs fan and it has become common place here.

I think a different scheme and a couple new players will help the D.

I would concentrate on the offense though.  Look at teams like the Packers and Patriots, they are in the postseason with pretty bad defenses.

Give #5 some more weapons and better protection and I think he will thrive big time.

grandpaboy

Second String

#77 : January 05, 2012, 01:11:42 PM

I would concentrate on the offense though.  Look at teams like the Packers and Patriots, they are in the postseason with pretty bad defenses.

Give #5 some more weapons and better protection and I think he will thrive big time.

The Pack and Patriots run defenses was ranked 14th and 17th.  The Bucs were 32nd.  I know the their offense helps their defense but I think the Bucs have to make this a priority. 

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#78 : January 05, 2012, 01:14:30 PM

The Pack and Patriots run defenses was ranked 14th and 17th.  The Bucs were 32nd.  I know the their offense helps their defense but I think the Bucs have to make this a priority.

Hell,  just outscore everyone.........LOL

grandpaboy

Second String

#79 : January 05, 2012, 01:20:09 PM

Hell,  just outscore everyone.........LOL

Seems to be the way of the new NFL.  All the rule changes certainly help these dynamic offenses.  I  am curious about thisd years playoffs and how these defenses stack up.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#80 : January 05, 2012, 01:34:15 PM

The obvious question is how much of that was because their run defense was actually respectable, and how much of it was that they jumped out to early leads, not allowing their opponents to commit to a running game?  Looking at the stats, their opponents averaged 4.7 and 4.6 yards per carry.  That's not, say, Buccaneer bad, but it's not all that great either.  Of course, I suppose their jumping out to early leads probably didn't help *that* either.  They could have easily played softer defenses because they had leads, and cared more about giving up big plays than whether or not their opposition ground the ball out on the ground.
: January 05, 2012, 01:36:48 PM acacius

grandpaboy

Second String

#81 : January 05, 2012, 01:39:39 PM

The obvious question is how much of that was because their run defense was actually respectable, and how much of it was that they jumped out to early leads, not allowing their opponents to commit to a running game?  Looking at the stats, their opponents averaged 4.7 and 4.6 yards per carry.  That's not, say, Buccaneer bad, but it's not all that great either.  Of course, I suppose their jumping out to early leads probably didn't help *that* either.  They could have easily played softer defenses because they had leads, and cared more about giving up big plays than whether or not their opposition ground the ball out on the ground.

Agree.  I am curious to watch them in the playoffs and see how they do.  At times the Patriots got gashed against the run versus the Broncos but stopped them when they had to. 

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#82 : January 05, 2012, 01:43:21 PM

The pats best defense is their offense. Much like GB and NO.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#83 : January 05, 2012, 01:47:34 PM

The pats best defense is their offense. Much like GB and NO.

This    ^^^^^

I hope the Bucs follow that model and give Freeman more weapons and better protection.

gone

Hall of Famer
#84 : January 05, 2012, 06:36:19 PM

Desean Jackson will be on the patriots next year. Between Welker, Gronkowski and hernandez, add in Jackson, and Brady could win 3 more before hes' done.

I think the commish will step in and stop the Pats from grabbing DeSean.  Too much power on one team.

When have you ever seen a NFL commish step in and do something like that? He didn't do that to the Eagles. Whoever has the cap space can sign whoever they want.

Does it really have to be in blue for you to get it?

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#85 : January 05, 2012, 06:42:11 PM

Give us 2-3 good FA and a great draft and we can build from there.

It's unfortunate that we didn't start last year

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who Will Be the League's Top Free Agents This Offseason? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools