Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Good kid..........Horrible quarterback. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : January 04, 2012, 12:58:30 AM »

Tim Tebow Is The Worst Quarterback Ever To Win A Division And Reach NFL Playoffs

Published on January 2, 2012 by Rob Kelley 

Tebow better start praying for his professional life when the Broncos host the Steelers next weekend.

Tim Tebow is going to the playoffs, but you did not misread or misinterpret the headline. In case you can only learn through repetition, then I will say it again.

While the Denver Broncos did back into the 2012 NFL Playoffs after the Oakland Raiders failed to get the job done, Tebow may be one of the worst starting quarterback to even win a division title and advance to the postseason.

That means worse than Mark Sanchez last season. Worse than Rex Grossman in the past. Far worse than T.J. Yates this season. Tebow is so entirely an overrated media hype project that it borders on embarrassing. Watching him play is akin to watching a peewee league game from a bunch of kids. The only difference is that peewee quarterbacks can actually throw a spiral from time to time.

It still amazes me just how much tme the media and fans alike spend talking about Tebow and the Broncos. And why? Because the kid is religious? So what? He isn’t the first player to talk about his beliefs and desires before. He just may do it far more often.

And before you jump on me, I have no issue with that. I have always said that I could not care less what anyone is, as long as they are not hypocrites. Believe in what you want, just don’t turn around and live your life the opposite way of how you preach an force it on everyone else.

And Tebow certainly does not appear to be a hypocrite. He is exactly the type of player who young children should look up to as a role model, especially in a society and country who seems to offer fewer and fewer every year. Tebow seems like a great kid who lives a clean life. That is extremely admirable, considering how many temptations he must encounter being in the spotlight more than any other professional athlete.

Tebow better start praying for his professional life when the Broncos host the Steelers next weekend.

But that does not mean that is a viable starting NFL quarterback. He isn’t even close. Kyle Orton may not have been the answer in Denver. I get that the fans wanted a change. But trust me when I tell you that the Broncos are not going anywhere with Tebow under center.

Yes, he had a winning streak, but all teams catch a hot streak every now and then. It was Denver’s defense that got the job done, as well as their running game. Sure, Tebow led a couple of impressive drives to win a few games, but teams have now figured out how to not only slow him down, but how to stop him completely.

Just look at some of the numbers. I’ll even start with the good times, back when Denver won six consecutive games. Tebow was 10-0f-21 for 124 yards in the win against the Raiders that basically clinched the division in the end. But I’ll give credit where credit is due, as he also accounted for 118 yards on the ground.

Against the Kansas City Chiefs, Tebow was 2-of-8 for 69 yards. He was 9-of-2o against the New York Jets for 104 yards, 9-of-18 for 143 against the San Diego Chargers, 10-of-15 for 202 yards against the Minnesota Vikings and 21-of-40 for 236 yards against the Chicago Bears.

And those were his numbers when he won!

Now, take a look at the past three games, where the defense and rushing game have not been able to carry their incompetent quarterback. In the loss to the New England Patriots, Tebow was 11-of-22 for 194 yards. Against the Buffalo Bills, Tebow finished 13-of-29 for 185 yards, and in yesterday’s season finale loss to the Chiefs, Tebow went just 6-of-22 for 60 yards. In those three games, including the first two against two of the worst defenses in the league this season, Tebow turned the ball over seven times.

Yes, seven times.

It is pathetic. He has no zip on his throws. His accuracy leaves a lot to be desired, and he has one of the ugliest, slowing passing motions that seems to lead to one of the worst spirals in professional football history. If it wasn’t for his personality and ability to run out of the pocket, we are talking about a Broncos quarterback who has far less talent than Jarious Jackson, and I never heard anyone gush over him at any point.

But because Tebow is a good kid with strong religious beliefs, all the media can talk about is Tebow. I know we aren’t supposed to root, but I was strongly rooting for the Broncos to win and for the Raiders to win so that we wouldn’t have to be subjected to more ridiculous Tebow talk for another entire week. Unfortunately, that did not take place.

I guess the silver lining is that the New York Jets did not qualify for the postseason, so at least we don’t have to hear from Rex Ryan.

And as much as I dislike Ben Roethlisberger and the Pittsburgh Steelers, I truly hope that they walk into Denver and absolutely annihilate the Broncos next Sunday afternoon.

Tebow cannot throw the ball. Not downfield, or even across the middle for short gains. And if he intends to scramble around looking to move the chains with his legs, may I first suggest watching some game tape of James  Harrison and Troy Polamalu.

They will be coming for you all day long, and there will not be a single thing that you can do to avoid them.

The Steelers are playing with an injured quarterback, and will most likely be without their top running back playing behind a porous offensive line.

Yet with all of that, they opened as an eight point favorite on the road.

I guess at least Las Vegas feels the same way I do about Tebow.

Good kid.

Horrible quarterback.

- Rob Kelley

http://www.thepigskinreport.com/2012/01/tim-tebow-is-the-worst-quarterback-ever-to-win-division-and-reach-nfl-playoffs/

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

« #1 : January 04, 2012, 01:00:59 AM »

Yup, the numbers don't lie. He isn't a very good QB. Good running team and a good defense is the reason why their in the playoffs.

awitron

Hall of Famer

« #2 : January 04, 2012, 01:02:22 AM »

The last three games he has done the things that he wasnt doing when they got on the winning streak. He's turning the ball over and can't keep the defense out of favorable situations. Having Von Miller become a non-factor has not helped either.

These are my concerns about Schiano. He thinks hes the **CENSORED**, when really he is someone who couldn\'t win the Big East once in 10 years.

I said it before and I\'ll say it again, Josh Freeman is the only thing that can save this franchise from this dude. If he doesn\'t adjust his style AND Freeman cant win enough, we\'re going to be wondering who the next coach is going to be in 2 years.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #3 : January 04, 2012, 01:10:46 AM »

One of the worst things about him is his 10.9% sack rate which puts him in the stratosphere of just thickheaded QB's as Chris Simms and Rob Johnson.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #4 : January 04, 2012, 01:17:35 AM »

The last three games he has done the things that he wasnt doing when they got on the winning streak. He's turning the ball over and can't keep the defense out of favorable situations. Having Von Miller become a non-factor has not helped either.

Miller is hurt, broken hand or something.  Just sayin.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

RollThatBlount

Rookie

« #5 : January 04, 2012, 01:29:23 AM »

You know I really like Tim Tebow, he's a beast, but he's got to figure out how to play the game in the NFL.  The people ragging on him for all his media hype are as bad as the people doling out the hype. Just let the kid play and lets see if he can win.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #6 : January 04, 2012, 01:31:58 AM »

I gotta get some $$$$ down on the Steelers.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

RollThatBlount

Rookie

« #7 : January 04, 2012, 01:34:15 AM »

I gotta get some $$$$ down on the Steelers.

haha. Denver's offense was pretty pathetic against the Chiefs. It's going to be another low scoring contest this weekend with gimpy Ben and no Mendenhall

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #8 : January 04, 2012, 01:46:17 AM »

I was just saying how teams are going to gameplan for him and make him look like JF did this season, next season. Apparently we're not going to have to wait that long.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
« #9 : January 04, 2012, 01:47:57 AM »

He already looks like Freeman. He just has a D that use to bail him out.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #10 : January 04, 2012, 02:41:14 AM »

I was just saying how teams are going to gameplan for him and make him look like JF did this season, next season. Apparently we're not going to have to wait that long.

No I believe the crash and burn has begun.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #11 : January 04, 2012, 02:45:02 AM »

One of the worst things about him is his 10.9% sack rate which puts him in the stratosphere of just thickheaded QB's as Chris Simms and Rob Johnson.

Misleading since he is a QB who plays like a running back.    Tebow runs so often, if one of his runs goes for a loss (even a loss of an inch), it counts as a sack (which it really wasn't).

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #12 : January 04, 2012, 02:46:13 AM »

He already looks like Freeman.

His passing game is similar to Freeman's.   But his running game is far better.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #13 : January 04, 2012, 02:52:16 AM »

He already looks like Freeman.

His passing game is similar to Freeman's.   But his running game is far better.

If only that was how a great QB was measured.    Not.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

Axxon

Pro Bowler
« #14 : January 04, 2012, 03:03:25 AM »

You know I really like Tim Tebow, he's a beast, but he's got to figure out how to play the game in the NFL.  The people ragging on him for all his media hype are as bad as the people doling out the hype. Just let the kid play and lets see if he can win.

I really don't like Tebow but that article was totally unprofessional and uncalled for.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Good kid..........Horrible quarterback. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools