Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Good kid..........Horrible quarterback. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

« #15 : January 04, 2012, 03:07:48 AM »

One of the worst things about him is his 10.9% sack rate which puts him in the stratosphere of just thickheaded QB's as Chris Simms and Rob Johnson.

Misleading since he is a QB who plays like a running back.    Tebow runs so often, if one of his runs goes for a loss (even a loss of an inch), it counts as a sack (which it really wasn't).
Nah, those get tallied under TFL's.

Axxon

Pro Bowler
« #16 : January 04, 2012, 03:09:27 AM »

One of the worst things about him is his 10.9% sack rate which puts him in the stratosphere of just thickheaded QB's as Chris Simms and Rob Johnson.

Misleading since he is a QB who plays like a running back.    Tebow runs so often, if one of his runs goes for a loss (even a loss of an inch), it counts as a sack (which it really wasn't).
Nah, those get tallied under TFL's.

Tebowed For a Loss???

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #17 : January 04, 2012, 07:44:08 AM »

Wonder how well Freeman would do as Denver QB - with a couple of good RBs, and a good defense.

Do you think Fox would like to have Freeman on his roster instead of Tebow?

I do.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

« #18 : January 04, 2012, 08:08:59 AM »

No it doesn't. A designed run is a run, regardless. When Tim drops back and starts running around like a chicken with it's head cut off, that's on him. Don't make excuses for him. A QB who can't throw the ball is a problem.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
« #19 : January 04, 2012, 09:15:39 AM »

The last three games he has done the things that he wasnt doing when they got on the winning streak. He's turning the ball over and can't keep the defense out of favorable situations. Having Von Miller become a non-factor has not helped either.

Yup.  Turnovers by the QB = Losses.  That's why Kyle Orton went 1-4, then Tebow went 7-1, and then Tebow went 0-3.  Turnovers have killed them and lack of turnovers made them 7-1 for a stretch.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #20 : January 04, 2012, 11:17:22 PM »

Wonder how well Freeman would do as Denver QB - with a couple of good RBs, and a good defense.

Do you think Fox would like to have Freeman on his roster instead of Tebow?

I do.

Hell ya.

fourd5dswb

Second String

« #21 : January 05, 2012, 09:01:33 AM »

Tim Tebow Is The Worst Quarterback Ever To Win A Division And Reach NFL Playoffs

Published on January 2, 2012 by Rob Kelley 

Tebow better start praying for his professional life when the Broncos host the Steelers next weekend.

Tim Tebow is going to the playoffs, but you did not misread or misinterpret the headline. In case you can only learn through repetition, then I will say it again.

While the Denver Broncos did back into the 2012 NFL Playoffs after the Oakland Raiders failed to get the job done, Tebow may be one of the worst starting quarterback to even win a division title and advance to the postseason.

That means worse than Mark Sanchez last season. Worse than Rex Grossman in the past. Far worse than T.J. Yates this season. Tebow is so entirely an overrated media hype project that it borders on embarrassing. Watching him play is akin to watching a peewee league game from a bunch of kids. The only difference is that peewee quarterbacks can actually throw a spiral from time to time.

It still amazes me just how much tme the media and fans alike spend talking about Tebow and the Broncos. And why? Because the kid is religious? So what? He isn’t the first player to talk about his beliefs and desires before. He just may do it far more often.

And before you jump on me, I have no issue with that. I have always said that I could not care less what anyone is, as long as they are not hypocrites. Believe in what you want, just don’t turn around and live your life the opposite way of how you preach an force it on everyone else.

And Tebow certainly does not appear to be a hypocrite. He is exactly the type of player who young children should look up to as a role model, especially in a society and country who seems to offer fewer and fewer every year. Tebow seems like a great kid who lives a clean life. That is extremely admirable, considering how many temptations he must encounter being in the spotlight more than any other professional athlete.

Tebow better start praying for his professional life when the Broncos host the Steelers next weekend.

But that does not mean that is a viable starting NFL quarterback. He isn’t even close. Kyle Orton may not have been the answer in Denver. I get that the fans wanted a change. But trust me when I tell you that the Broncos are not going anywhere with Tebow under center.

Yes, he had a winning streak, but all teams catch a hot streak every now and then. It was Denver’s defense that got the job done, as well as their running game. Sure, Tebow led a couple of impressive drives to win a few games, but teams have now figured out how to not only slow him down, but how to stop him completely.

Just look at some of the numbers. I’ll even start with the good times, back when Denver won six consecutive games. Tebow was 10-0f-21 for 124 yards in the win against the Raiders that basically clinched the division in the end. But I’ll give credit where credit is due, as he also accounted for 118 yards on the ground.

Against the Kansas City Chiefs, Tebow was 2-of-8 for 69 yards. He was 9-of-2o against the New York Jets for 104 yards, 9-of-18 for 143 against the San Diego Chargers, 10-of-15 for 202 yards against the Minnesota Vikings and 21-of-40 for 236 yards against the Chicago Bears.

And those were his numbers when he won!

Now, take a look at the past three games, where the defense and rushing game have not been able to carry their incompetent quarterback. In the loss to the New England Patriots, Tebow was 11-of-22 for 194 yards. Against the Buffalo Bills, Tebow finished 13-of-29 for 185 yards, and in yesterday’s season finale loss to the Chiefs, Tebow went just 6-of-22 for 60 yards. In those three games, including the first two against two of the worst defenses in the league this season, Tebow turned the ball over seven times.

Yes, seven times.

It is pathetic. He has no zip on his throws. His accuracy leaves a lot to be desired, and he has one of the ugliest, slowing passing motions that seems to lead to one of the worst spirals in professional football history. If it wasn’t for his personality and ability to run out of the pocket, we are talking about a Broncos quarterback who has far less talent than Jarious Jackson, and I never heard anyone gush over him at any point.

But because Tebow is a good kid with strong religious beliefs, all the media can talk about is Tebow. I know we aren’t supposed to root, but I was strongly rooting for the Broncos to win and for the Raiders to win so that we wouldn’t have to be subjected to more ridiculous Tebow talk for another entire week. Unfortunately, that did not take place.

I guess the silver lining is that the New York Jets did not qualify for the postseason, so at least we don’t have to hear from Rex Ryan.

And as much as I dislike Ben Roethlisberger and the Pittsburgh Steelers, I truly hope that they walk into Denver and absolutely annihilate the Broncos next Sunday afternoon.

Tebow cannot throw the ball. Not downfield, or even across the middle for short gains. And if he intends to scramble around looking to move the chains with his legs, may I first suggest watching some game tape of James  Harrison and Troy Polamalu.

They will be coming for you all day long, and there will not be a single thing that you can do to avoid them.

The Steelers are playing with an injured quarterback, and will most likely be without their top running back playing behind a porous offensive line.

Yet with all of that, they opened as an eight point favorite on the road.

I guess at least Las Vegas feels the same way I do about Tebow.

Good kid.

Horrible quarterback.

- Rob Kelley

http://www.thepigskinreport.com/2012/01/tim-tebow-is-the-worst-quarterback-ever-to-win-division-and-reach-nfl-playoffs/

Wow. Give the guy a chance. He just earned the starting job. People are ridiculous.

aquilus

Pro Bowler

« #22 : January 05, 2012, 09:20:33 AM »

It doesnt matter about the stats...stats are for losers...the kid is a winner and always has been

thats all that matters

Theoldbuc

Starter

« #23 : January 05, 2012, 10:02:01 AM »

He already looks like Freeman.

His passing game is similar to Freeman's.   But his running game is far better.

Except Freeman completes 60+% of his passes and has receivers that sometimes knock each other down. There is no comparison between the two as far as QB skills. But believe as you will!
« : January 05, 2012, 10:04:48 AM Theoldbuc »

Theoldbuc

Starter

« #24 : January 05, 2012, 10:04:00 AM »

It doesnt matter about the stats...stats are for losers...the kid is a winner and always has been

thats all that matters

I like him! But when you lose 7-3 to the KC Chiefs, that doesn't say winner. He won in college, but so did Matt Leinart.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #25 : January 05, 2012, 12:15:31 PM »

He already looks like Freeman.

His passing game is similar to Freeman's.   But his running game is far better.

Except Freeman completes 60+% of his passes and has receivers that sometimes knock each other down. There is no comparison between the two as far as QB skills. But believe as you will!

LOL

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #26 : January 06, 2012, 10:57:42 PM »

Is the end of Tebowmania near?

ESPN's Ed Werder reports Brady Quinn took eight first-team reps in Broncos practice this week, and that it was more than usual.
Quinn is saying he didn't get extra practice snaps, but perhaps because the Broncos told him to keep quiet. Multiple reports have now claimed Quinn's in-practice role was increased. With as many running plays as the Broncos use, it's fair to wonder how many true "quarterback reps" starter Tim Tebow receives in a given week. Either way, Tebow may be on a short leash Sunday.

Jan 6 - 4:58 PM

nubcake

Hall of Famer

« #27 : January 06, 2012, 11:31:42 PM »

ESPN's Ed Werder reports Brady Quinn took eight first-team reps in Broncos practice this week, and that it was more than usual.
Quinn is saying he didn't get extra practice snaps, but perhaps because the Broncos told him to keep quiet. Multiple reports have now claimed Quinn's in-practice role was increased. With as many running plays as the Broncos use, it's fair to wonder how many true "quarterback reps" starter Tim Tebow receives in a given week. Either way, Tebow may be on a short leash Sunday.

This is a great example of why Tebow has been so up and down - John Fox is retarded. Whether or not Tebow will have a successful pro career remains to be seen, but what can't be debated is how terribly Fox has handled the situation. First he comes in somehow completely clueless to the fact that Tebow isn't a typical QB, and essentially names him the starter by immediately trying to deal Orton. This not only killed their leverage, it also opened up a huge can of worms when the media when nuts over Tebow eventually dropping in the depth chart and Orton getting the starting spot. While the fans are going nuts over Tebow being 3rd, Quinn clearly showed that he was as terrible as ever and Orton showed that he wasn't very good. Through the first several games, Fox didn't once bring in Tebow for a goalline situation despite being arguably the most dangerous QB in the NFL in the redzone. Then he finally reluctantly commits to Tebow, resulting in the team later releasing Orton(who would promptly join a division rival and nearly knock them out of the playoffs). During this period Tebow pulls off multiple 4th quarter comebacks, in each case doing so by using his ability to scramble and keeping defenses off balance, and yet to this day he continues to force him to be a pocket passer until the Broncos enter desperation mode.

And now, despite committing to Tebow to the extent that they cut Orton and let the Chiefs pick him up, they are now considering using Quinn? In a PLAYOFF game? Regardless of your opinions of Tebow, this is incredibly idiotic. You're very likely to kill what little chance you have of winning by telling Tebow that you essentially have zero confidence in him whatsoever and are planning on getting Quinn ready just in case. Is that really something that can't wait until the offseason? Or are they so stupid that they think Quinn could actually threaten the Steelers somehow?

I mean seriously, what the HELL is Quinn going to do in a 3rd and 12 situation? Are they freaking serious? It's laughable!

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #28 : January 06, 2012, 11:47:08 PM »

This is a great example of why Tebow has been so up and down - John Fox is retarded. Whether or not Tebow will have a successful pro career remains to be seen, but what can't be debated is how terribly Fox has handled the situation. First he comes in somehow completely clueless to the fact that Tebow isn't a typical QB, and essentially names him the starter by immediately trying to deal Orton. This not only killed their leverage, it also opened up a huge can of worms when the media when nuts over Tebow eventually dropping in the depth chart and Orton getting the starting spot. While the fans are going nuts over Tebow being 3rd, Quinn clearly showed that he was as terrible as ever and Orton showed that he wasn't very good. Through the first several games, Fox didn't once bring in Tebow for a goalline situation despite being arguably the most dangerous QB in the NFL in the redzone. Then he finally reluctantly commits to Tebow, resulting in the team later releasing Orton(who would promptly join a division rival and nearly knock them out of the playoffs). During this period Tebow pulls off multiple 4th quarter comebacks, in each case doing so by using his ability to scramble and keeping defenses off balance, and yet to this day he continues to force him to be a pocket passer until the Broncos enter desperation mode.

And now, despite committing to Tebow to the extent that they cut Orton and let the Chiefs pick him up, they are now considering using Quinn? In a PLAYOFF game? Regardless of your opinions of Tebow, this is incredibly idiotic. You're very likely to kill what little chance you have of winning by telling Tebow that you essentially have zero confidence in him whatsoever and are planning on getting Quinn ready just in case. Is that really something that can't wait until the offseason? Or are they so stupid that they think Quinn could actually threaten the Steelers somehow?

I mean seriously, what the HELL is Quinn going to do in a 3rd and 12 situation? Are they freaking serious? It's laughable!

Nub,  teams are stacking the box and daring Tebow to throw on them and so far he has not been able to accomplish that.  They may feel Quinn can get some completions downfield.

nubcake

Hall of Famer

« #29 : January 07, 2012, 12:16:29 AM »

Nub,  teams are stacking the box and daring Tebow to throw on them and so far he has not been able to accomplish that.  They may feel Quinn can get some completions downfield.

Teams have been stacking the box on him all season. They've never been afraid of him throwing even when he did occasionally beat them and furthermore they do it because virtually all of his designed runs are up the middle. When Tebow is at his best is when he's moving outside of the pocket. When he gets to the outside he not only has more space to run but is also forcing CBs to make a play on him. This either allows him to run for a solid gain or hit a WR that becomes open once the CB pulls off.

The problem is that Denver almost never draws up any plays like this. Most of the time it only happens when Tebow is forced to scramble, but teams lately have been playing a contain and forcing him to stay in the pocket while just having a LB spy him in case he runs. Fox has done nothing to adapt to this; he's essentially using Tebow as a normal QB outside of some read options, most of which really aren't a read at all and just go to the RB. In fact, they really run very few plays to take advantage of Tebow's running ability at all. It's either a predictable run up the middle on 3rd and short(or 3rd and long when they'd rather play it safe and run him rather than throw) or he's running for his life. Denver's horrendous TE corps certainly doesn't help matters in regards to the LB spy either, although that's something that can't be blamed on the current staff. But the point is that Denver isn't using the weapons they've chosen to go with, and again, Chudzinski's use of Newton is a great example of how it SHOULD be done.

And again, deciding the week before a playoff game to maybe try Quinn is unbelievably moronic. It shows zero confidence in their current starter and it also shows a complete lack of common sense. Quinn against the Steelers? Come on. Tebow has shown the ability to occasionally make some nice plays and at least inspire his teammates. Quinn is a clown who has never had any hint of success in the NFL, and if he was in any way capable of pulling something like this off they should have gone with him a long time ago. QBs that come in on 3rd and long only situations don't even work in college; to try to do this in an NFL playoff game against arguably the best defensive coordinator of all time? There aren't even words for this level of stupid.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Good kid..........Horrible quarterback. « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools