Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Good kid..........Horrible quarterback. « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 07, 2012, 12:59:21 AM

Good post Nub.   Sounds like you see a lot of Broncos games.  Who calls the plays there?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 07, 2012, 01:45:50 AM

Good post Nub.   Sounds like you see a lot of Broncos games.  Who calls the plays there?

I've streamed most of their games, like many people I've been curious to see how he'll turn out.

Mike McCoy calls the plays, but he's definitely forced to call Fox's style of play. Last year when he took over as playcaller after McDaniels was fired, he called a much more aggressive style and did a respectable job of utilizing Tebow's strengths while minimizing his weaknesses.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 07, 2012, 02:13:21 AM

Guys, this is just the Broncos forcing the Steelers to prepare for two quarterbacks. It's just gamesmanship, calm down.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 07, 2012, 02:57:02 AM

Or are they so stupid that they think Quinn could actually threaten the Steelers somehow?

I mean seriously, what the HELL is Quinn going to do in a 3rd and 12 situation? Are they freaking serious? It's laughable!

You think Tebow threatens the Steelers? LOL. You are making me laugh man.

And Quinn would probably be more effective in a 3rd and 12 situation than Tebow would be. Not sure if I've seen Tebow throw a completed pass over 12 yards.

gone

Hall of Famer
#34 : January 07, 2012, 06:03:09 AM

It's amazing how many Tebow nut suckers an haters come here to post.  We need to make a 1k minimum post count before you can post a damn thing with the word "Tebow" in it.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 07, 2012, 11:58:34 AM

Guys, this is just the Broncos forcing the Steelers to prepare for two quarterbacks. It's just gamesmanship, calm down.

Looks real to me.

Broncos are prepared to yank Tebow, if he struggles against Steelers

Profootballtalk
 Posted by Mike Florio on January 7, 2012, 11:21 AM EST

On Friday, we reported that Broncos backup quarterback Brady Quinn has received roughly half the snaps with the first-team offense this week.  Not surprisingly, Quinn has opted not to admit that he is getting more reps, in order to help preserve the element of surprise.

It wasnt clear why Quinn was getting more work.  One source said that the Broncos have a package for Quinn to be used in second-and-long or third-and-long situations.

Now, multiple sources tell PFT that coach John Fox is prepared to bench Tebow, if he struggles once again.

As one source explained it, Broncos players dont regard the development as a big deal.  Its no surprise that Tebow hasnt been the same guy lately, with as many turnovers in the last two games (six) as he had in all of the prior 10 games combined.  Indeed, its smart coaching by Fox to be ready to do whatever needs to be done to win.

So if/when the Steelers put the clamps on Tebow, get ready for the first appearance from Quinn in a Broncos uniform in anything other than a preseason game.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 07, 2012, 01:43:28 PM

Or are they so stupid that they think Quinn could actually threaten the Steelers somehow?

I mean seriously, what the HELL is Quinn going to do in a 3rd and 12 situation? Are they freaking serious? It's laughable!

And Quinn would probably be more effective in a 3rd and 12 situation than Tebow would be. Not sure if I've seen Tebow throw a completed pass over 12 yards.

Tebow has 5 fourth quarter comebacks this season. Brady Quinn has 0 snaps. I'm sure the Steelers are hardly shaking in their boots over Tebow, but if Brady Quinn comes in the game they might as well sit their starters and stay healthy for their second round game.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 07, 2012, 02:34:48 PM

Steelers have gotten themselves a virtual bye week. If they hit 14 points I don't see how DEN score that many in the game w/o ST or DEF turnovers. I'd be more afraid of Dalton or Yates teams.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 07, 2012, 05:31:38 PM

The last three games he has done the things that he wasnt doing when they got on the winning streak. He's turning the ball over and can't keep the defense out of favorable situations.

The exact same thing could be said about Freeman ya know.

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 07, 2012, 06:38:31 PM

Tebow is a rather handsome woman.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 07, 2012, 09:02:34 PM

Tebow is a rather handsome woman.

You post some weird stuff dude.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 08, 2012, 09:51:45 AM

Tebow's big test today.  I want to see if he has made strides to go up against the Steelers defense.

He needs to hit on some of those play action throws, and step into throws to the sideline.

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 08, 2012, 11:16:20 AM

I predict Brady Quinn starts the second half.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 08, 2012, 12:51:58 PM

I predict Brady Quinn starts the second half.

Not exactly going out on a limb there bro.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#44 : January 10, 2012, 09:56:13 PM

Sorry, didn't know God would intervene in this one. My mistake.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Good kid..........Horrible quarterback. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools