Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lombardi mentions Zimmer as potential candidate for Bucs HC in NFL Network « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
« #15 : January 04, 2012, 08:12:37 PM »

Don't understand the hype for Zimmer. Someone should shed light. I see he got the Bengals defense playing well but still. I'm not impressed.

Need I say more?

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

« #16 : January 04, 2012, 08:17:01 PM »

Sounds like a guy we need.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

« #17 : January 04, 2012, 08:18:30 PM »

If the Bengals don't allow an interview then it's a moot point. Good prospective candidate.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
« #18 : January 04, 2012, 08:21:14 PM »

If the Bengals don't allow an interview then it's a moot point. Good prospective candidate.

Marvin Lewis will allow it if we give him Briscoe back...... :D

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

« #19 : January 04, 2012, 08:23:34 PM »

How does the allowing/disallowing process work anyways? I've rarely heard any organization disallowing an interview.

traew01

Pro Bowler

« #20 : January 04, 2012, 08:27:10 PM »

For an elevation in title, a team has to ask for permission but they do not have to receive permission to speak to an assistant coach (strange but true). In addition, it is basically accepted that a team has to release an assistant for any head coaching opportunities, regardless of the contract.

Lateral moves are different.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #21 : January 04, 2012, 08:29:32 PM »

How does the allowing/disallowing process work anyways? I've rarely heard any organization disallowing an interview.

You can't stop a move to HC from a non-HC spot.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

traew01

Pro Bowler

« #22 : January 04, 2012, 08:35:30 PM »

All you need to do is go to the Bengals message boards to see the level of respect their fans have for this guy. And while the Bengals D has really only come into its own this year, the fans still love the guy as they have seen what kind of coach and person he is, how he coaches, and the level of respect his players have for him.

I think Mike Zimmer should be the NUMBER ONE name on our list. A guy who wants the opportunity badly, and has proven to be a tough, honest, hard nosed guy who will get the respect of this YOUNG TEAM. He really reminds me of a tougher, more demonstrative Tony Dungy at this point in his career.

http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?p=2332776

jvato24

Starter

« #23 : January 04, 2012, 08:41:31 PM »

Quick. Someone call Mark Dominik. So do I need to hope the Bengals lose so we can interview him???

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

« #24 : January 04, 2012, 08:43:39 PM »

I like him, but haven't players on the Bengals D gotten in more trouble than ever in the past 3 years that he's been there? I really like the Bengals D, but he'd have to bring in some damn good coordinators with him. I wonder who he'd bring in as his staff, most importantly OC. How Freeman turns out is going to be the biggest reason for the success or failure of this team.

YReceiver14

Starter

« #25 : January 04, 2012, 08:45:33 PM »

Bump for Zimmer.

He's been my top choice.  I envision him as leader who will keep the players in line but still be loved (by most players anyways).  He should have an savvy OC and a DC who can shoulder the burden but accept a lot of his input.

The only downside is he's not as experienced, or probably does not have as much pull with attracting tops coordinators as Fisher.  But he's more of a disciplinarian and in my opinion has more upside than Fisher.

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #26 : January 04, 2012, 08:54:36 PM »

Zimmer was very well regarded here in Dallas and his career spanned Campo and Parcells and he had to sort of leanr the 34 on the fly when Parcells got here.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

PassThePigSkin

Hall of Famer

« #27 : January 04, 2012, 09:03:40 PM »

Zimmer would be the best hire ever for TB. He is a top DC coach that has the tools to be a very good HC. The players play for him. Please hire this guy.

BTownBucFan

Hall of Famer
« #28 : January 04, 2012, 09:15:16 PM »

He would be an outstanding choice.

Desmond

Second String

« #29 : January 04, 2012, 09:18:16 PM »

What kind of defense does he run?
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lombardi mentions Zimmer as potential candidate for Bucs HC in NFL Network « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools