Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs will interview Jerry Gray in Houston « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 04, 2012, 10:25:59 PM

I think they're going out of their way to talk to him to make it not look like a Rooney Rule interview. Possibly trying not to publicly insult the man, seeing as how ridiculous the rule is abused these days.

Or maybe he's an actual candidate

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 04, 2012, 10:32:58 PM

isnt Sherman there too?

he did coach at Texas A&M

jvato24

Starter

#17 : January 04, 2012, 10:47:21 PM

Mike Zimmer will be in Houston on Saturday b just sayin

Genesis8510

Starter
#18 : January 04, 2012, 10:49:43 PM

I think this is an honest look. With so many options out there, why not? Besides the Bucs are probably buying time to see some playoff OC and DC as well. Bet they will be watching the Houston-Bengals game pretty closely. Zimmer!!

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 04, 2012, 10:50:38 PM

I think this is an honest look. With so many options out there, why not? Besides the Bucs are probably buying time to see some playoff OC and DC as well. Bet they will be watching the Houston-Bengals game pretty closely. Zimmer!!

Agree on it being an honest look.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 04, 2012, 11:34:55 PM

isnt Sherman there too?

he did coach at Texas A&M

That is a good possibility.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Bayside4Life

Starter

#21 : January 05, 2012, 12:10:37 AM

I think the Gray interview makes sense, especially since he is a Cover 2 guy.  He has been a quality DC for a lot of teams, so you never know.  I also think it is a possibility that Sherman will also be interviewed in Houston.  Houston is the closest airport/metropolitan area to College Station.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#22 : January 05, 2012, 12:26:32 AM

Jerry Gray may be one of the least qualified guys for the job who has been mentioned yet, however he is about 100 times more qualified than Raheem Morris is - even after Morris was a head coach for the last 3 years.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 05, 2012, 12:29:53 AM

I hope they are interviewing Wade.

lol@that

Ju1ce

Starter

#24 : January 05, 2012, 12:43:59 AM

Wouldn't like the hire.

Ju1ce

Starter

#25 : January 05, 2012, 12:44:13 AM

We deserve better.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#26 : January 05, 2012, 10:00:18 AM

I think they're going out of their way to talk to him to make it not look like a Rooney Rule interview. Possibly trying not to publicly insult the man, seeing as how ridiculous the rule is abused these days.

There wouldn't be any doubt if not for the rule.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#27 : January 05, 2012, 10:29:42 AM

Without knowing the circumstances, I think its highly insulting and not even worth the time of day for an NFL team to go out of their way to interview a guy whose not even being seriously considered. All to appease to some dumb token rule. Waste of time.
I somewhat agree...however, that's how Tomlin got hired by wowing the Rooneys and beating out the favorites going into the process both Grimm and Whisenhunt.

Really?   Word was that Rooney liked Grimm the best even after the interviews but was getting pressure from the NFL to hire a minority since his name was the one representing the Rooney rule in the first place so he went with Tomlin.

Link?

Do you have proof of  this "pressure from the NFL" or are you just spouting out things, that can't be proved (or disproved), to support your case?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 05, 2012, 10:34:07 AM

good point Biggs.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 05, 2012, 10:43:25 AM

good point Biggs.

No it isn't. So scrap the rule so people don't question the motives of teams interviewing a clearly qualified candidate? Seems like your problems, not the league's. If you conclude that Gray is simply a Rooney rule guy without looking at his resume, then who cares what you think. If you look at what Gray has done and conclude that he's unqualified, then who cares what you think. The truth is that the guy is more qualified than many of the names trotted out there by a lot of people on this message board. Rob Chudzinski, Rick Dennison, Russ Grimm, and Jay Gruden just to name a few. So if you are concluding it's a farce just because he's black, then you are the reason the rule is needed to begin with.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs will interview Jerry Gray in Houston « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools