Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: [Adam S.] Jeff Fisher not headed for Tampa « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

DeltaBuc5

Hall of Famer

: January 05, 2012, 08:01:26 AM

Former Titans head coach Jeff Fisher is scheduled to meet today with the St. Louis Rams. Fisher will choose between the Rams and Dolphins. -- AdamSchefter (@AdamSchefter)

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 05, 2012, 08:05:51 AM

figures we don't even interview him.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 05, 2012, 08:12:30 AM

@MikeSilver:
He cares about having a committed, aggressive owner who wants to win and will let him coach the way he knows how. That's the biggest thing

Doesn't sound like the Glazer boys to me...

FIgures. 

I'm sure they called his agent/him and talked about what he was looking for power wise and money wise and that's all that was needed.

PreferNFL

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 05, 2012, 08:14:35 AM

Thought he was supposed to be in St. Louis yesterday.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 05, 2012, 08:18:12 AM

Fisher wants complete control.  He wants to hand pick a GM but be able to overrule him in personnel decisions.   He definitely would not have that in Tampa and that is probably a good things.  When coaches want to play GM (or owners for that matter - right Jerry?), usually bad things happen

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#5 : January 05, 2012, 08:19:35 AM

He'll have success in either jobs......not so sure about TB and their miserly owners.

He's making a wise decision. In my opinion, Miami would be the best - good free agent draw to that city with an owner willing to spend money.

Look for them to make a few trades to pick up a decent QB since Matt Moore ain't gonna get their franchise QB.

PreferNFL

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 05, 2012, 08:23:00 AM

Doesn't Fisher have an agent connection of sorts in St. Louis?

player101

Starter
#7 : January 05, 2012, 08:30:19 AM

Shocking....... Should have figured that we wouldn't even put in the effort.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\"The facts are disputable\"

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 05, 2012, 08:31:35 AM

So what they are saying is....

The Glazers arnt committed to winning
And
Fisher wouldn't trust MD.

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 05, 2012, 08:33:19 AM

I'm tired of drafting next to st louis and the browns every other year.

Maybe we are at the bottom of the league and we don't want to admit it

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#10 : January 05, 2012, 08:51:55 AM

Not that I want Fisher (because I don't) but this is likely another result of keeping Dominik. 

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 05, 2012, 09:10:28 AM

Definetly could be a possible Mean D.  Although that would mean the Phins are prob out as well since they kept Ireland.  Personally I kinda felt Rams would be his landing place ever since Norv was kept on at San Diego.  And just thinking about it if Fisher could never stop Manning from dominating the division I doubt he wants to face Brees, Cam and Ryan 2x a year.

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 05, 2012, 09:18:43 AM

I think many of you are being too negative. Fisher's a pretty good coach, but to imagine him as savior is a bit of a reach. He didn't win a playoff game in his last seven seasons in Tennessee. That's worse than Gruden and without the handicap of losing two firsts and two seconds and without being so cap-strapped. He had two winning seasons in his last seven seasons there (Gruden had four in his seven seasons here). I think Fisher's an upgrade on Raheem, but not the guy to get us where we want to go, someone who could waste five years of our time.
It's only a problem not getting to talk to Fisher IF the only guys we get to talk to are Gray, Sherman and Mularkey. The best option for the Bucs isn't among these four.

In Verner We Trust

BucDaFackUp

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 05, 2012, 09:22:49 AM

"...and so it begins...."

KCBuc

Starter

#14 : January 05, 2012, 10:05:56 AM

I imagine the conversation went something like this:

Fisher: "I want to hire my own GM."

Glazers: "That won't be a problem."

Fisher: "I hope to make $5 mil a year."

Glazers: "We'll pay $2 mil tops."

Fisher: "How much are you willing to spend in Free Agency?"

Glazers: "We want build through the draft."

Fisher: "No, That's not what I'm asking. You are currently $48 mil under the cap. your team is a complete shambles with too many rookies, no leaders and no one who has any post-season experience. How much can I spend in Free Agency?"

Glazers: "We just found $1.48 between the cushions of the couch in Raheem's old office..."

Fisher:  click.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: [Adam S.] Jeff Fisher not headed for Tampa « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools