Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: [Adam S.] Jeff Fisher not headed for Tampa « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 05, 2012, 10:09:36 AM

Doesn't really matter what they WANT to spend.  They are a season away from HAVING to spend if they want to or not.

bucs63

Starter

#16 : January 05, 2012, 10:13:01 AM

The Dolphins owner picked up Fisher in his private helicopter and they landed at the Dolphins headquarters to talk business and show Fisher the facilities.

The Bucs are going to interview Jerry Gray in Houston where he lives. They've reserved a room at the Red Lobster.

Winning!

SarasotaBuc Fan

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 05, 2012, 10:14:31 AM

Bucs63 is that serious?! Lmfao either way!!

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 05, 2012, 10:15:49 AM

I have a feeling the Bucs went to Houston to do multiple interviews (Sherman, Gray and Zimmer)

bucs63

Starter

#19 : January 05, 2012, 10:19:37 AM

Bucs63 is that serious?! Lmfao either way!!
It is serious. (Except maybe the Red Lobster part.)

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#20 : January 05, 2012, 10:20:21 AM

Good.  Don't want him and his mediocrity here.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 05, 2012, 10:25:19 AM

Oh lord...what happened the last time the term MEDIOCRITY was being thrown around by Bucs fans.  We fired Gruden and became BAD, as in the WORST team in the NFL!  I would love to be 9-7 and in contention for a playoff spot every year rather than getting blow out on a weekly basis.

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

KCBuc

Starter

#22 : January 05, 2012, 10:50:42 AM

MEDIOCRITY would be a hell of a step up from where we are now!!!

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 05, 2012, 10:51:03 AM

Not that I want Fisher (because I don't) but this is likely another result of keeping Dominik.

I seriously doubt Dom's job is 100% safe anyway. More than likely, Fisher knew the history of the Bucs lack of spending and decided to go to a team that will spend.

As I've said before, they'll hire a "controllable" HC. This isn't Malcom we're talking about, we're talking about his sons. They have a terrible track record of bringing in coaches thus far

(Malcom picked Gru, but they fired him and brought in Rah...).

Tampa has better players than Miami and they aren't set at nearly any position. So what does that tell you when he won't concider the Bucs? Theoretically, Fisher could come in and force Dom to pick the guys he wants. What would the Glazers do? ...side with a new expensive HC, or with Dom on a much cheaper contract? 

The Glazers wouldn't even allow that to happen to begin with. So it's understandable that Fish isn't even being looked at.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 05, 2012, 10:53:47 AM

Oh lord...what happened the last time the term MEDIOCRITY was being thrown around by Bucs fans.  We fired Gruden and became BAD, as in the WORST team in the NFL!  I would love to be 9-7 and in contention for a playoff spot every year rather than getting blow out on a weekly basis.

So you're okay with always being in the 6-9 win range, averaging a playoff appearance once every three years?

Nah, I'd rather be a perennial contender.

nic247buc

Starter

#25 : January 05, 2012, 10:56:24 AM

We knew we didn't have Fisher , just a good conversation piece.  Billick, if we want old , Zimmer if we want new.  Dom as Gm should go, but I don't think it will happen.  The rope will tighten around his neck giving the HC a little more control.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 05, 2012, 10:58:18 AM

Yes.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#27 : January 05, 2012, 10:59:38 AM

So you're okay with always being in the 6-9 win range, averaging a playoff appearance once every three years?

Nah, I'd rather be a perennial contender.

And you would be ok with 3-13 and 4-12 two times out of three seasons? Hell, at this point I'd settle for mediocrity.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

meekerbeastman

Starter

#28 : January 05, 2012, 11:05:04 AM

@MikeSilver:
He cares about having a committed, aggressive owner who wants to win and will let him coach the way he knows how. That's the biggest thing

Doesn't sound like the Glazer boys to me...

FIgures. 

I'm sure they called his agent/him and talked about what he was looking for power wise and money wise and that's all that was needed.

:hi jeff, it is mr glazer calling from the tampa bucs, do you have a minute?

"yeah"

"so we were wondering if you would be interested in coaching the bucs and what you would be looking for from us"

"ok we i want full control of my staff and paid in the range of....."

"wait did you say you want money?"

"um ya"

*click*

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 05, 2012, 11:11:32 AM

I wanted fisher at first but I don't think he's the right coach for this team.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: [Adam S.] Jeff Fisher not headed for Tampa « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools