Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: [Adam S.] Jeff Fisher not headed for Tampa « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 05, 2012, 11:13:42 AM

Good.  Don't want him and his mediocrity here.
Oh lord...what happened the last time the term MEDIOCRITY was being thrown around by Bucs fans.  We fired Gruden and became BAD, as in the WORST team in the NFL!  I would love to be 9-7 and in contention for a playoff spot every year rather than getting blow out on a weekly basis.

So you're okay with always being in the 6-9 win range, averaging a playoff appearance once every three years?

Nah, I'd rather be a perennial contender.

I'd rather be in contention for the playoffs rather than the first pick!  What coach do you want over fisher and show me his resume thats better than fishers?

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#31 : January 05, 2012, 11:30:46 AM

Eh, Fisher is a good coach but he wasn't going to be the only guy that could turn things around.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#32 : January 05, 2012, 11:46:46 AM

Oh lord...what happened the last time the term MEDIOCRITY was being thrown around by Bucs fans.  We fired Gruden and became BAD, as in the WORST team in the NFL!  I would love to be 9-7 and in contention for a playoff spot every year rather than getting blow out on a weekly basis.

So you're okay with always being in the 6-9 win range, averaging a playoff appearance once every three years?

I'd rather be in contention for the playoffs rather than the first pick!  What coach do you want over fisher and show me his resume thats better than fishers?

Cowher has a better resume.  Hell, Jon Gruden has a better resume.  I'm not saying I want either of these guys, but Fisher is held in the same regard as them even though they had much more success.  You don't hire based solely on tenure.  Just because he held a job for 17 years doesn't mean he's a better fit for this team than an up-and-comer like a Chud or Jay Gruden.  Just because they haven't been a HC yet doesn't mean they're going to have the first pick every year.

With someone with that much experience, you've got to look at what they did with that experience, and can much easier tell how successful he is going to be with your team.

Fisher went to the playoffs six times.  He had one QB that was worth a damn in 17 years.  He drafted trouble makers and head cases.  Titans fans will always tell you how bland his offenses were.  That is obviously not what this team needs.

player101

Starter
#33 : January 05, 2012, 12:04:15 PM

Cowher has a better resume.  Hell, Jon Gruden has a better resume.  I'm not saying I want either of these guys, but Fisher is held in the same regard as them even though they had much more success.  You don't hire based solely on tenure.  Just because he held a job for 17 years doesn't mean he's a better fit for this team than an up-and-comer like a Chud or Jay Gruden.  Just because they haven't been a HC yet doesn't mean they're going to have the first pick every year.

With someone with that much experience, you've got to look at what they did with that experience, and can much easier tell how successful he is going to be with your team.

Fisher went to the playoffs six times.  He had one QB that was worth a damn in 17 years.  He drafted trouble makers and head cases.  Titans fans will always tell you how bland his offenses were.  That is obviously not what this team needs.

Gruden winning % with playoffs = .540
Fisher winning % with playoffs = .538

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\"The facts are disputable\"

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 05, 2012, 12:47:28 PM

I was way into Fisher as well, until I looked a little deeper. He is NOT a disciplinarian, and in fact he is known for keeping headcases around and trying to make them work even when it's clear he shouldn't.

He's not who we need.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 05, 2012, 12:51:26 PM

I suspect he's going to the Rams. They have an established QB and a chance to move to LA.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#36 : January 05, 2012, 02:51:48 PM

I was way into Fisher as well, until I looked a little deeper. He is NOT a disciplinarian, and in fact he is known for keeping headcases around and trying to make them work even when it's clear he shouldn't.

He's not who we need.

Agree. I was hoping we'd get him - but now think we're lucky that we're out of the running. Hope he goes to Miami.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#37 : January 05, 2012, 02:54:29 PM

@SI_PeterKing: I would assume well know the fate of Jeff Fisher, or at least his very strong leaning, within 48 hours

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 05, 2012, 03:08:48 PM

He's going to St. Louis, probably. They should be a good fit for him, I hope he finds success there.

I think we're getting either Sherman or Zimmer, and I'd be happy with both those guys.

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#39 : January 05, 2012, 03:18:41 PM

Glad we didn't waste our time with him

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 05, 2012, 03:19:20 PM

Um, guys? Fisher isn't the only candidate available and he certainly isn't the best option.

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#41 : January 05, 2012, 03:29:25 PM

Um, guys? Fisher isn't the only candidate available and he certainly isn't the best option.

+1

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#42 : January 05, 2012, 03:35:02 PM

+2. But no to Sherman. He's the last guy I'd want as new Bucs head coach. Why don't we hire Jim Mora Jr. while we're at it if we're gonna pick some of the most hated ex-rival head coaches?

In Verner We Trust

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 05, 2012, 03:46:58 PM

PLAYOFFS?!?!?!

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer

#44 : January 05, 2012, 03:50:47 PM

You would think during one of the biggest rivalries of the late 90s early 2000s we would spit on the idea of hiring Mike Sherman....apparently the Glazer boys don't care about what little tradition and rivalry history that we have.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: [Adam S.] Jeff Fisher not headed for Tampa « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools