Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NEW CHIDI AHANOTU COLUMN: WHERE DID IT ALL GO WRONG? A LIST OF SUSPECTS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
: January 05, 2012, 07:26:53 PM

Pewter Report columnist and former Bucs DE Chidi Ahanotu writes that although Raheem Morris was fired there are still suspects at large for the crimes that were committed in Tampa Bay's 2011 season, which ended with a disappointing 4-12 record.

http://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=7678

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#1 : January 05, 2012, 07:42:10 PM

Chidi, you played under Jerry Gray in Buffalo.  What's your professional opinion on him and what kind of HC would he make?  Is he similar to/different than Morris any way(s)?

Completely off topic, but if Chidi will read this and respond - I think it would be interesting.

gone

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 05, 2012, 07:54:16 PM

Before I read it I'm going to guess the "answer" to the question is "everyone but Raheem".  Now to see if I am right...

gone

Hall of Famer
#3 : January 05, 2012, 07:58:03 PM

Yep.  Pretty much what was expected. 

moose40

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 05, 2012, 08:16:41 PM

Yep.  Pretty much what was expected.
I wasn't expecting Chidi to basically say W/L is all that matters and Freeman isn't cutting it.

PewterReportChidi

Rookie
#5 : January 05, 2012, 08:20:45 PM

Readers are asking why I did not list Raheem as a suspect. Simply because Raheem is already fired. But for all those making excuses for the suspects I listed as a reason to retain them., the same excuses should apply to Raheem and give reason for retaining him. Saying that Josh Freeman IF he had faster receivers, faster RBs, better OC, and better HC, then the same can be said about Raheem and his coaching staff. To say that Mark Dominik, IF he had owners in the Glazers that would spend more money to acquire talent, then the same can be said about Raheem and his coaching staff. We all know Raheem and his coaches are to blame partly for the bad results this season. If you fire Raheem and his coaches for the terrible season then you should fire all those responsible. 

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 05, 2012, 08:22:54 PM

This column was way off. I appreciate his insight, but a few weeks ago he wants to "stay the course" and now he wants to fire everyone, including the WR's and Freeman. He fails to mention that our Oline only has two starting caliber players and neither of them are going to the pro bowl.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

moose40

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 05, 2012, 08:28:03 PM

Readers are asking why I did not list Raheem as a suspect. Simply because Raheem is already fired. But for all those making excuses for the suspects I listed as a reason to retain them., the same excuses should apply to Raheem and give reason for retaining him. Saying that Josh Freeman IF he had faster receivers, faster RBs, better OC, and better HC, then the same can be said about Raheem and his coaching staff. To say that Mark Dominik, IF he had owners in the Glazers that would spend more money to acquire talent, then the same can be said about Raheem and his coaching staff. We all know Raheem and his coaches are to blame partly for the bad results this season. If you fire Raheem and his coaches for the terrible season then you should fire all those responsible.

Seems its a vicious circle. Glazers, Dom, Rah, coaches, players and lack of better players are all to blame. I agree that everyone failed on the team because it was a complete failure across the board. Chidi, you might not agree with me, but I truly felt that Bowers and Clayborn were honestly the only two bright spots this year.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 05, 2012, 08:28:07 PM

I just don't see the logic Chidi. IF the coaching was the main problem, which I believe it was, why would you get rid of the players who had shown promise just because they were trapped in the crappy system?

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#9 : January 05, 2012, 08:30:06 PM

this a joke?

moose40

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 05, 2012, 08:30:18 PM

I just don't see the logic Chidi. IF the coaching was the main problem, which I believe it was, why would you get rid of the players who had shown promise just because they were trapped in the crappy system?
GrimmReaper, my concern is, it's somewhat the same coaching staff the past two years, if they played well last year, and tuned the coaches out this year, for whatever reason, why should "playas" be kept around?

jerseybucsfan

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 05, 2012, 08:31:14 PM

Welcome back, Chidi. So glad you're back. I don't agree with all you write, but you're an asset to this website. Good stuff.

In Verner We Trust

PewterReportChidi

Rookie
#12 : January 05, 2012, 08:34:12 PM

C'mon Grim Reaper, I expected more from you. Yes I did say stay the course with Raheem in previous articles. But in this article my point is that since Raheem was fired and blamed for the losing then ALL those who are responsible should now go too. Making Raheem and his coaching staff take all the blame simply is not truthful. As for Biggs3535 question about Jerry Gray as a head coach I can say this: Jerry Gray was not only my coach (defensive coordinator) at Buffalo, we also played together on the Buccaneers. Jerry was one guy who was a true leader and true warrior on the field. He was also a helluva a leader as defensive coordinator. Our defensive players he had to work with were not the greatest so we did not see great results. To consider Jerry Gray as a head coach I would think he would show the same great leadership skills that he did as a player and a defensive coordinator....where is Jerry anyway???

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 05, 2012, 08:38:45 PM

As for Biggs3535 question about Jerry Gray as a head coach I can say this: Jerry Gray was not only my coach (defensive coordinator) at Buffalo, we also played together on the Buccaneers. Jerry was one guy who was a true leader and true warrior on the field. He was also a helluva a leader as defensive coordinator. Our defensive players he had to work with were not the greatest so we did not see great results. To consider Jerry Gray as a head coach I would think he would show the same great leadership skills that he did as a player and a defensive coordinator....where is Jerry anyway???

Thanks for the response.  Maybe if he is hired, you can get into more detail about the guy and the coach.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 05, 2012, 08:49:03 PM

C'mon Grim Reaper, I expected more from you. Yes I did say stay the course with Raheem in previous articles. But in this article my point is that since Raheem was fired and blamed for the losing then ALL those who are responsible should now go too. Making Raheem and his coaching staff take all the blame simply is not truthful. As for Biggs3535 question about Jerry Gray as a head coach I can say this: Jerry Gray was not only my coach (defensive coordinator) at Buffalo, we also played together on the Buccaneers. Jerry was one guy who was a true leader and true warrior on the field. He was also a helluva a leader as defensive coordinator. Our defensive players he had to work with were not the greatest so we did not see great results. To consider Jerry Gray as a head coach I would think he would show the same great leadership skills that he did as a player and a defensive coordinator....where is Jerry anyway???

Raheem should not get all the blame, but he was the Head Coach. He has to be the most accountable. No, I agree that heads should roll. In the secondary and LB, OLine, but Freeman? Really? WR's? Mike Williams? I think they were just trapped in that putrid offensive system. And we'll have to agree to disagree about Dominik. I love his drafting, I think we need a better pro personnel director, though. He definitely has no business signing free agents.

Thanks for the info on Gray. And for the record, I thought it was a well written article, just didn't agree with the Freeman and the WR's(Williams can play) bit.....I thought that was a bit over the top, but over the top and controversial seems to be your style. Nothing wrong with that, Chidi. You know how to get everyone fired up around here. LOL.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NEW CHIDI AHANOTU COLUMN: WHERE DID IT ALL GO WRONG? A LIST OF SUSPECTS « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools