Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NEW CHIDI AHANOTU COLUMN: WHERE DID IT ALL GO WRONG? A LIST OF SUSPECTS « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

PreferNFL

Hall of Famer

« #30 : January 05, 2012, 10:10:17 PM »

Chidi....Agree with you that the 2011 squad is likely the worst in franchise history.  Also agree that Dom should have hit the door right along with Raheem.  Further, I agree that some of these players need to be booted to the curb.  Where I disagree?  Josh Freeman.  This kid needs good, solid direction.  He indeed DOES need playmakers around him, just like any other QB.  Do you truly think Joe Montana was THAT gifted as an athlete?  I do not.  Joe had intelligence and a boatload of playmakers around him and he had SOLID coaching.  Josh is a superior "athlete" but lacks all of the other parameters around him.  You just do not give up on a 23-year old raw talent that has not been the beneficiary of talent around him nor exceptional coaching.  Now, if Freeman gets the aforementioned playmakers and coaching, then continues to smell up the joint, you'll have ample ammo to send him packing.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #31 : January 05, 2012, 10:17:22 PM »

Chidi's recommendation is fire the entire team and entire front office.

My recommendation is trade Freeman for Tebow.   Trade Blount.  Draft Richardson.    Trade Winslow,    Trade Talib.   

How does his way have more promising results?

It doesn't involve Tebow would be the biggest gain.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
« #32 : January 05, 2012, 10:17:25 PM »

Readers are asking why I did not list Raheem as a suspect. Simply because Raheem is already fired. But for all those making excuses for the suspects I listed as a reason to retain them., the same excuses should apply to Raheem and give reason for retaining him. Saying that Josh Freeman IF he had faster receivers, faster RBs, better OC, and better HC, then the same can be said about Raheem and his coaching staff. To say that Mark Dominik, IF he had owners in the Glazers that would spend more money to acquire talent, then the same can be said about Raheem and his coaching staff. We all know Raheem and his coaches are to blame partly for the bad results this season. If you fire Raheem and his coaches for the terrible season then you should fire all those responsible.

I agree Chidi.  Keep up the good work and the Glazers acknowledged that they are part of the blame too, so what you say has merit.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

« #33 : January 05, 2012, 10:18:35 PM »

If you really think a guy that has had a job for 3 years and his defense has the SAME results despite different personnel doesn't deserve 1/2 of the blame at least, your crazy! Its ALL on coaching. Good coaches can hide weaknesses from their players. They don't drop their god damn slowass DE or DT in coverage. He didn't get the job done. The progression from year 1 to 2 to 3 with his defense was STAGNANT. He deserved to get canned.

And by the way, Nick Barnett has been good for the Bills this year. I'm sure they thought Black and Hayes were going to put up a better season. Bahahahaha

sharp2325

Starter

« #34 : January 05, 2012, 10:22:09 PM »

Holy cow, Joe Montana was successful because he was accurate as hell.  You don't need to be the biggest fastest QB. You need to be accurate. Why is Brady, Manning,  Rodgers and Brees great, becasue they can throw the ball through a fly's ass! None of those QB's are 6'5 260 pounds. A new coach isn't going to fix Freeman's accuracy problems. If you put our recievers on any of those elite QB's team they would have the same results! Those QB's have made no name average college WR's good.  That's what a great QB does.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #35 : January 05, 2012, 10:26:51 PM »

This article is really light on analysis and some of it frankly doesn't make much sense.

"While Dominik’s young players he assembled through the draft are still in the early stages of their development and many of the players he acquired may have some promise, Dominik is a suspect and must go."  --> He must go because many of the players he acquired may have promise? What, that doesn't even make sense. A GM's job is to acquire potential and a coach develops them. If "many" have potential that is just another issue with the people let out the door and I don't see how that falls on Dom. Dom's more serious offenses appear to be his pro player evaluations. His lack of self scouting and thinking Lumpy was a guy who could play, extending Jackson and giving big deals to MC80 and Black are a lot worse than his drafting of young players.

"Although Freeman has thrown more touchdowns (51) than interceptions (46) in his three-year NFL career, his great season in 2010 in which he threw 25 touchdowns and six interceptions has skewed his career" <-- Well sure but then by this logic this year skewed them down because rookie QB's are normally pretty awful anyways."Quarterbacks are judged by wins and losses " <--- Logic that says Dan Fouts < Mark Sanchez. QB's are judged by what they do not how well or not well the guys around them play.  Freeman wasn't good by any means this year but it just makes it hard to know who he really is.

This: "The rest of the members of this suspect list are the linebacking corps, the wide receiving squad, and the defensive backs unit. The group of them may have produced the absolute worst seasons of any units ever in the history of the Buccaneers franchise. " Actually makes sense because we all saw them not playing well at all.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
« #36 : January 05, 2012, 10:27:12 PM »

Holy cow, Joe Montana was successful because he was accurate as hell.  You don't need to be the biggest fastest QB. You need to be accurate. Why is Brady, Manning,  Rodgers and Brees great, becasue they can throw the ball through a fly's ass! None of those QB's are 6'5 260 pounds. A new coach isn't going to fix Freeman's accuracy problems. If you put our recievers on any of those elite QB's team they would have the same results! Those QB's have made no name average college WR's good.  That's what a great QB does.

I haven't seen evidence of accuracy problems from Freeman.  If he can work on footwork out from center and throwing from a set stance he will be fine IMO.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #37 : January 05, 2012, 10:28:05 PM »

I haven't seen evidence of accuracy problems from Freeman. 

So you don't watch the games?

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #38 : January 05, 2012, 10:29:10 PM »

If you really think a guy that has had a job for 3 years and his defense has the SAME results despite different personnel doesn't deserve 1/2 of the blame at least, your crazy! Its ALL on coaching. Good coaches can hide weaknesses from their players. They don't drop their god damn slowass DE or DT in coverage. He didn't get the job done. The progression from year 1 to 2 to 3 with his defense was STAGNANT. He deserved to get canned.

Plenty of teams have talent issues and don't come apart at the seams the way we did. A lack of talent might limit us to 9 wins or something but it doesn't demand a 4-12 season nor an uncompetitive last 10 games nor not being read in the first half or way too many flags and so on. That's not about the Glazers or Dom or any other excuses. Morris croaked up a hairball this season.

sharp2325

Starter

« #39 : January 05, 2012, 10:31:05 PM »

Alldaway, Freeman can't hit the broad side of a barn. Do you live in the black out areas and can only liste on the radio. I unfortunately  bought NFL sunday ticket and had to endure the hole season. Freeman is more suspect then his recievers. I take that back. The play calling, then  Freeman are more suspect then the wr's.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
« #40 : January 05, 2012, 10:35:38 PM »

He is more accurate than Tebow.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

« #41 : January 05, 2012, 10:39:10 PM »

I'm not arguing that.   ;)   

That doesn't mean he's accurate though.   And he doesn't bring the leadership, motivation, running ability, decision making skills, and other intangibles that a winner like Tebow brings to the table.

GoldsonAges

Hall of Famer

« #42 : January 05, 2012, 10:41:04 PM »

He is more accurate than Tebow.

All I know is when I saw him in TC he couldn't hit wide open WR's with no defenders on the field!!! I thought he was just having a bad day when I was there. JJ was 10x better. But others have reported the same thing. He has been 'off' all year starting in camp.

Mike Glennon
6\' 7\" 220 pounds.
6\' 6\" 210
6\' 5\" 200
6\' 4\" 190 6\' 3\" 180 6\' 2\" 170 6\' 1\" 160  6\' 0\" 150 How does he compare to your favorite QB?

gone

Hall of Famer
« #43 : January 05, 2012, 10:44:29 PM »

I think Chidi is just being a homer here, it's more like throwing a fit at everyone rather than pointing to a key area.  I also think that while he has insight into the room, he seems to miss out on the big picture of organizational behavior.  A laid back lazy group of people in any workplace is something it is allowed to happen, not something that just happens and the boss has no control over it.  The early 90's organization may have had "playas", but when it gets to be more than one or two guys who just won't listen and becomes an entire team then that falls on the coach.  You always have individual losers.  You don't get 53 of them by accident.  The culture is determined by the boss.  He didn't take it seriously.  Maybe he thought he was but he wasn't -- hanging out with the guys, not holding people accountable, inconsistent and often absent discipline, all of that changes the atmosphere from one of professionalism to one of a treehouse with a "no gurlz alowded" sign out front -- a club, a casual hangout.  THAT is not on the players. 

These kids came in not knowing how to be a pro.  That's not just in football, kids come out of college in every field not knowing what to do and how to do it in order to be successful.  This group was basically taught everything wrong.  A lot of this casual attitude will carry over for the rest of a lot of their careers, so many will be ruined forever.  Just the example of Mangurian being fired because he was too demanding taught them a horrible lesson.

Beyond the lack of teaching professionalism you also need to question some of the basic coaching.  This team was horrific at fundamentals, I've seen bad but this was beyond the pale.  Fortunately that may be cleaned up but it can be a hard habit to break.  And individual training was questionable as well -- look at how they tried to teach McCoy all those different positions and roles his first year instead of letting him focus on getting good at one.  That may have permanently stunted his growth.  TJax was a good safety, never the greatest tackler but never this bad and now he might never recover his old level of play. 

We can also ask about scheme, X's and O's which were often bizarre and definitely poorly designed.  There were just way too many questionable moves by this staff to try and pin it on the players and the FO. 

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #44 : January 05, 2012, 10:56:18 PM »

I haven't seen evidence of accuracy problems from Freeman.  If he can work on footwork out from center and throwing from a set stance he will be fine IMO.

I am not worried about his accuracy. It's not Rodgers or Brees accurate but it's not as bad as some are trying to portray. The ball he threw to Briscoe for his 2nd TD was perfect. The ball he threw to K2 for the two pointer was perfect. The balls he threw a few weeks ago to Briscoe and K2 were perfect. He has a problem with staring down receivers and forcing balls into coverage. Plus, he misses open guys.

Funny how some complain that he yells at his teammates. And others say he doesn't care enough. BTW, the time he yelled at Zuttah, they were buddy buddy by the end of the half. When somebody blows an assignment, Free gets on them. Problem is, when Free screws up, no coach has been strong enough to chastise him.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: NEW CHIDI AHANOTU COLUMN: WHERE DID IT ALL GO WRONG? A LIST OF SUSPECTS « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools