Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who will win the Superbowl? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Badabingnrt

Starter

#15 : January 06, 2012, 06:42:49 PM

WILD CARD ROUND
(5) Steelers over (4) Broncos
(3) Texans over (6) Bengals
(4) Giants over (5) Falcons
(3) Saints over (6) Lions

DIVISIONAL ROUND
(5) Steelers over (1) Patriots
(2) Ravens over (3) Texans
(4) Giants over (1) Packers
(3) Saints over (2) 49ers

CONFERENCE
(3) Saints over (4) Giants
(2) Ravens over (5) Steelers

SUPER BOWL
Ravens 27  Saints 21

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#16 : January 06, 2012, 06:49:46 PM

I'd hate to see it play out that way.   I can't stand the Ravens.   But I like them better than the Steelers.   I"m hoping the Broncos knock the Steelers out this weekend.    I find it interesting you think the Giants will beat the Falcons this weekend.  I'm not so sure about that.   The Falcons are tough.    And the Saints could very easily lose to the Lions.   

For me, every team in the NFC is more interesting than any team in the AFC other than the Broncos.   

Badabingnrt

Starter

#17 : January 06, 2012, 08:08:52 PM

I'm doing this fantasy playoff pool in which I have several Steelers on my team, but for some reason I'll be rooting for Tebow to upset them this weekend.  It's hard not to root for the kid. 

The Broncos are what 8.5 pt underdogs and the Steelers have struggled to score points on the road their past several road games.  We'll see but I don't think it's sure money.

kjbugman

Starter

#18 : January 07, 2012, 09:14:50 AM

WILD CARD ROUND
(5) Steelers over (4) Broncos
(3) Texans over (6) Bengals
(4) Giants over (5) Falcons
(3) Saints over (6) Lions

DIVISIONAL ROUND
(5) Steelers over (1) Patriots
(2) Ravens over (3) Texans
(4) Giants over (1) Packers
(3) Saints over (2) 49ers

CONFERENCE
(3) Saints over (4) Giants
(2) Ravens over (5) Steelers

SUPER BOWL
Ravens 27  Saints 21

I just can't see the Ravens winning the superbowl. Joe Flacco is a DONK! Not good enough to win it all.

BIG MAC AND BIG SACK!

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#19 : February 05, 2012, 05:05:18 AM

NY Giants' website has them already winning.

flashgordon

Pro Bowler
#20 : February 05, 2012, 12:02:59 PM

If the Pats wanted to win the superbowl against the Giants, they definitelly missed their chance the first time!

Still, I see some rays of light for the Pats; bottom line, Tom Brady has to keep up with Eli Manning who's coming in fully loaded with weapons everywhere(everyone here knows this by now). If Tom can match score for score; then, maybe, somewhere in there, the Pats D gets a turnover(unfortunately for Mr Brady, he's been as mistake prone or more than Eli in this playoffs!). 

Well, I do see it possible for the Pats to win; but, well, there you go; see above!

Pat Benatar - Bloodshot Eyes,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcMEHl0wTqY

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#21 : February 05, 2012, 12:44:39 PM

I just think the giants are overall the better team. Only way I see the pats winning is the oline keeps the giants monster dline off of Brady. Not a easy task.

kjbugman

Starter

#22 : February 05, 2012, 01:32:33 PM

PATS ALL THE WAY

BIG MAC AND BIG SACK!

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#23 : February 06, 2012, 08:35:07 AM

NY Giants' website has them already winning.

Guess they were right afterall....man, I'm glad we can put this season to rest.

I'm going to pretend it didn't happen.

IrishBuc

Second String

#24 : February 06, 2012, 04:47:02 PM

Super Bowl XLVI- Review.

The much vaunted rematch of Super Bowl XLII began at 11:30 GMT. Tom Brady vs. Eli Manning, in Indianapolis the home of  Peyton Manning ,Tom Brady's long time rival and brother of Eli,  the highly explosive offence of the Patriots including Aaron Hernandez, Wes Welker and Rob Gronkowski,  met with the powerful defensive front of the Giants including Jason Pierre-Paul, Justin Tuck both these players would have a big impact on the game.

The Patriots won the toss and elected to kick it off to the Giants, The Giants struggled to get the running game going, but there were good signs for their passing attack, Manning didn't miss on the drive. However they were forced to punt, but they had the Patriots pinned deep inside the ten yard line. On the first play of the drive, the first big moment happened, Justin Tuck  evaded blocks to heap pressure on Brady, Brady was in his own endzone  and was flagged for intentional grounding (basically throwing the ball to an area where there is no eligible receiver in the vicinity) as he was in his own endzone, It was adjudged to be a safety and therefore, the Giants received  two points and would receive the ball back after it was punted from the 20.

The Giants received the ball at their 22 after a return of 4 yards. Some big plays by Henry Hynoski, who caught a pass for 13 yards, Ahmad Bradshaw who scampered down the sideline for 24 yards  as well as some good work by Bear Pascoe, Hakeem Nicks and Brandon Jacobs left the Giants at the Patriots 11 yard line. Victor Cruz, received the ball on the next play and fumbled but a penalty against the Patriots for having 12 on the field gave the Giants a let off. Two plays later, Cruz took the ball on a slant route and got in for the first Touchdown, which was followed by some nice salsa dancing that I'm sure half time act Madonna would have been happy with.

The Patriots would keep the ball into the second quarter, some nice plays from Deion Branch, Ben-Jarvis Green-Ellis and Wes Welker (who chalked up a 19 yard grab and a 10 yard rush). The drive stalled after Chase Blackburn made two nice tackles and Jason Pierre-Paul knocked down a pass, using those incredibly long arms of his which make him so elusive. Stephen Gostkowski knocked over a field goal for a 9-3 scoreline. There was no further scoring until the end of the quarter, penalties killing two drives from the Giants after some good work by Hakeem Nicks and Ahmad Bradshaw, while the Patriots went three and out on their possession. With 4 minutes left, the Patriots began at their 4 yard line, after a 2 yard penalty, they got things moving. Rob Gronkowski, who seemed to be hampered by the ankle injury he suffered in the AFC Championship game, recorded a 20 yard catch, while Hernandez made three catches totalling 28 yards. Running back Danny Woodhead rushed for 23 yards on the drive and caught 2 passes for 12 yards including the Touchdown grab. The Extra Point was made and the score was 10-9 to the Patriots at the half.

The Patriots received the ball to start the second half, Chad Ochocinco made a nice 21 yard catch and Green-Ellis ran for 17 yards and caught a pass for 8 yards which left the Patriots at the Giants 33 yard line. Welker recorded two more catches for 13 yards, while, Woodhead and Green-Ellis combined for 8 yards. Hernandez caught the go ahead Touchdown score, which meant the Patriots stretched their lead to 17-9 . The Giants responded rapidly, with a field goal. Nicks, delivered again on the drive with 2 more catches for 19 yards. Bear Pascoe and Jake Ballard also made some nice catches while the two big men in the Giants backfield, Ahmad Bradshaw and Brandon Jacobs, helped keep the chains moving. The Patriots went 3 and out once again, they were unable to contain Justin Tuck who sacked Brady for a 4 yard loss. With the short field, the Giants could once again make quick work of the defence, Nicks made another catch but fumbled, it was luckily recovered by Henry Hynoski. Jacobs was racking up solid yards and Bear Pascoe chalked up another catch for twelve yards. When it counted though, the Patriots were able to make big plays. They limited Bradshaw to a yard on two rushing attempts, and they managed to sack Manning on third down. Lawrence Tynes put over the field goal, and it was now 17-15 to the Patriots.

The Patriots had the ball to begin the 4th quarter. The drive began with promise but that was soon to change. On a deep ball to Rob Gronkowski, Chase Blackburn, a man who was released by the Giants at the end of last season only to be resigned in November, intercepted the ball. I think this play shows "Gronk" was clearly troubled by his injury, yes it was a big play by Blackburn ,but Gronkowski doesn't get beaten by a linebacker on a fully functioning ankle. The Giants made nothing of the turnover and were forced to punt, after a big dropped pass by Wes Welker and it was set up for Eli and his crew, much like the last time these two faced off in the Super Bowl.

A big play set the tone for the rest of the drive, Mario Manningham, who dropped a big catch on 3rd down on the previous drive, made a sensational grab while managing to keep both feet in bounds ( Patriots Coach Bill Belichick challenged but the referees stuck with their original ruling). I think you could say that the play was as spectacular as David Tyree's classic Helmet Catch in Super Bowl XLII seen here:
  Manningham was inspired on the Giants final drive, chalking up two more catches for a total of 56 yards. Nicks tallied two more as well, to take his total to 10 receptions for over a 100 yards.

New England had taken two timeouts, and there was only a minute left in the game. They took a big gamble on the next play,  They showed little resistance against the rush and seemingly let Bradshaw saunter in. Bradshaw nearly took a knee at the one, which would have meant, a Tynes field goal would have been needed for the win. Bradshaw took Belichick's bait and it was all set up for "Tom Terrific" with a minute to go.

In the crunch time of any game, in any sport, you want guys to stand up during the big time, Wes Welker dropped his pass earlier on, and Hernandez and Deion Branch dropped big passes in the final drive, time left on the clock is as big an issue as the yards and these two cost the Patriots around 10 seconds Another sack by Justin Tuck, meant the Patriots needed to go for it on 4th and 16, Brady deserves credit here for squeezing in a tight throw between the numbers. Hernandez made a catch for 11 yards and  a penalty for having 12 men on the field against the Giants meant the Patriots were on the 49 yard line. It was time to send a prayer and hope someone answers it. Brady threw it deep into the endzone, Kenny Phillips did very well to bat it down and it escaped the clutches of Rob Gronkowski. The Giants won the Super Bowl.

In what ESPN dubbed the year of the Quarterback, Manning and Brady served us up a  treat. Both set Super Bowl records on the night, Eli managed to complete his first nine passes, a feat never accomplished before. Brady, meanwhile, managed 16 straight completions over the course of the 2nd and 3rd quarter.

So, now with two Super Bowl rings, and two Super Bowl MVP awards, Eli Manning has in many ways surpassed his more illustrious brother Peyton who has only one Super Bowl ring. Eli has certainly done a lot better in big games against Brady than his brother has and I think he now joins the ranks of Elite Quarterbacks.. I think there is one thing we can now say for certain, as Justin Tuck said earlier on this season "You can't spell Elite without Eli"

My take on the Super Bowl, it will be up on this site at some stage:  http://www.sportpulse.net/
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who will win the Superbowl? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools