Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Employee Office Gossip-Not Who You Think ! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9

bucmoon

Second String
: January 06, 2012, 10:01:41 AM

A good friend of mine ( does NOT have any INSIDE info ) but  works for the Bucs in a low office position is saying the same thing as Scheffter on Espn..says the office Gossip is that  who they want is not on any of the list that are being put out there and this is why there is not much going on   ... one rumor is they are waiting around till after the LSU/ ALABAMA game for Les Miles and that they are also  trying to Coax a big name out of retirement ...once again just office rumor/gosip but Scheffter reported a similar story without names ...hope he is correct .

carrollwoodbucsfan

Rookie

#1 : January 06, 2012, 10:03:18 AM

cowher had a staff lined up wanting to come here last year and we said no wonder if he still wants to come here

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 06, 2012, 10:03:33 AM

Parcells!!

bucmoon

Second String
#3 : January 06, 2012, 10:06:07 AM

My Buddy said he had no clue on the retired coach but said they know they need a name with sales being down .

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

#4 : January 06, 2012, 10:07:29 AM

Jimmy Johnson!!!!

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 06, 2012, 10:08:02 AM

It makes sense that our guy isn't on the lists, Parcells, Cowher, Billick, Schottenheimer(Sp?) would seem to fit the bill here.

Whatever the case, thanks for sharing this. Keep us posted

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 06, 2012, 10:09:00 AM

My Buddy said he had no clue on the retired coach but said they know they need a name with sales being down .
Brian Billick didn't sound convincing on the Dan Sileo show this morning, but maybe it's him...

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 06, 2012, 10:10:36 AM

Billick is interesting to me. He's looking for an ideal situation and it seems he is "open" to returning to coaching. The question is, is Tampa an ideal situation? I never really heard him give any criteria for his ideal landing spot.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer
#8 : January 06, 2012, 10:10:54 AM

One rumor is they are waiting around till after the LSU/ ALABAMA game for Les Miles

What if it's the flip side of that an they're looking at Saban? Ugggh.

Les Miles would be interesting though

Green Right Slot, Albacore 3 Y Quesadilla

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 06, 2012, 10:10:58 AM

Billick wouldn't be bad. But not my third choice.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 06, 2012, 10:11:02 AM

Please, please, please not Les Miles. I mean any college coach is an ender but Miles isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 06, 2012, 10:11:31 AM

Joe Paterno retired...  ;)

Jonbuc

Second String

#12 : January 06, 2012, 10:12:30 AM

Jimmy Johnson!!!!
Ya know...Jimmy did give Freeman major props ( prior to everything going pear shaped) on The NFL Today Show. Not sure he's even a remote possibility or has anything left in the tank but a big name would at least be exciting. Names like Sherman ( speaking of pear shaped), Mularky and others are depressing the hell out of me.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 06, 2012, 10:14:22 AM

Joe Paterno retired...  ;)
No schlit.  He retired 8 years ago. He just didn't know it.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 06, 2012, 10:14:23 AM

I'm weary of college coaches coming to the NFL because college is about recruiting more than coaching up the players you have. Alabama and LSU get the best players so it would be logical they have the best teams. I'm sure they are both good coaches but the dynamic of a team with 20 yr olds and 28 yr olds are different.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone
Page: 1 2 3 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Employee Office Gossip-Not Who You Think ! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools