Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Employee Office Gossip-Not Who You Think ! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9

freddy

Hall of Famer
#30 : January 06, 2012, 10:27:46 AM

Please, please, please not Les Miles. I mean any college coach is an ender but Miles isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

No kidding. I mean PLEASE! All the man has ever done is win eveyplace he goes. Multiple big bowl game victories and he is about to add another national title to his win list. He has no clue how to handle a team made up of a bunch of young men.

...are you talking about Steve Spurrier? Oh wait, no Nick Saban....right college coaches translate well to the NFL.

So are you saying there has never been a college coach that made it in the NFL? Come on man, there are failures from every avenue. Just because Saban and Spurrior failed does not mean every college coach from now on will also fail. If you think Miles would be a poor NFL coach then base it on Miles, not what others did or didn't do.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 06, 2012, 10:33:46 AM

Miles would be a crappy hire. This time around, miles is NOT what this group needs. They need bonafide nfl mentality coaching. Jmo.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 06, 2012, 10:34:25 AM

Please, please, please not Les Miles. I mean any college coach is an ender but Miles isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

No kidding. I mean PLEASE! All the man has ever done is win eveyplace he goes. Multiple big bowl game victories and he is about to add another national title to his win list. He has no clue how to handle a team made up of a bunch of young men.

...are you talking about Steve Spurrier? Oh wait, no Nick Saban....right college coaches translate well to the NFL.

Yea...and Jimmy Johnson, Bill Walsh, and Tom Coughlin were also terrible in their transition from College HC to HC in the NFL as well...

I will admit that the failure rate of recent coaches making the jump has been pretty high...but lets not pretend like its impossible for these college coaches to be successful.

Hell, brees might not be as accurate as manziel.

bibfortuna

Second String
#33 : January 06, 2012, 10:38:16 AM

I know he has said no, but Dungy returning is not a pipe dream. He is exactly what this team needs. And it ain't Shaun King or Dilfer anymore around here (i hope).

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#34 : January 06, 2012, 10:40:02 AM

Mariucci?  Vermeil?  Johnson?  Parcels?  Marty?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 06, 2012, 10:43:17 AM

Please no to a college coach and no to a retired coach beyond Cowher, Fisher, or Billick. Just make a normal hire. Don't try and outsmart everyone.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#36 : January 06, 2012, 10:45:35 AM

Dennis Green! =P

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#37 : January 06, 2012, 10:46:27 AM

Marv Levy

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#38 : January 06, 2012, 10:46:59 AM

John Madden

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 06, 2012, 10:49:14 AM

So are you saying there has never been a college coach that made it in the NFL? Come on man, there are failures from every avenue. Just because Saban and Spurrior failed does not mean every college coach from now on will also fail. If you think Miles would be a poor NFL coach then base it on Miles, not what others did or didn't do.

He's a terrible game manager, he's had discipline problems, his offense and defense are not pro-style, he only spent 2 years in the pros as a TE coach not even a coordinator, he's never run a professional practice, never prepped a professional gameplan. Oh yeah, and he's a college coach who basically recruits to win.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

DailyRich68

Starter
#40 : January 06, 2012, 10:50:01 AM

I know everything about him is covered in this warm golden glow, but I don't remember people being that overly enthusiastic about Dungy when he was hired.  People who knew football knew him from Pittsburgh, and he had the rep, but it wasn't like the casual fans were running around celebrating.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 06, 2012, 10:51:15 AM

I know everything about him is covered in this warm golden glow, but I don't remember people being that overly enthusiastic about Dungy when he was hired.  People who knew football knew him from Pittsburgh, and he had the rep, but it wasn't like the casual fans were running around celebrating.

No, in fact IIRC he was like the 5th choice or something and fans look at him as a very sad consolation prize.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#42 : January 06, 2012, 10:52:57 AM

people knew him from Minnesota.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 06, 2012, 10:53:07 AM

So, after 'Bama pounds the crap out of Miles' Tigers......does his stock rise..or do the dufus Glazer boys shift their attention to Saban? This thread should be youtubed and broadcasted on MTV........it's that bad.

cryptfiend

Starter

#44 : January 06, 2012, 10:54:57 AM

make Wyche our GM.

doesnt wyche have health problems?  or am i thinking of someone else?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Employee Office Gossip-Not Who You Think ! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools