Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Brian Billick on the radio with SillyHo 1/6 « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 06, 2012, 10:23:24 PM

The O-line doesn't suck, they just aren't great. However, like Java said, the weakest link is LG. The rest are serviceable or really good.

Faine?

Trueblood?

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 06, 2012, 10:33:21 PM

Faine and Trueblood don't suck. James Lee sucks.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#17 : January 06, 2012, 10:42:31 PM

Well,  I guess you or Java wouldn't want Billick for a HC.  He seems to agree the O-line blows.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#18 : January 06, 2012, 10:56:35 PM

Summary:
- Is looking for a return to coaching.
- When asked if the Buccaneers contacted him, he didn't want to comment in fairness to all organizations.
- Billick states that he doesn't want to FOR a general manager, but rather WITH the General Manager.
- Feels priority is to build around Josh starting at the line, some speed on the outside.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 06, 2012, 11:14:31 PM

All three of them suck...especially Trueblood, a solid run blocker, an absolute liability in pass blocking.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 06, 2012, 11:18:29 PM

All three of them suck...especially Trueblood, a solid run blocker, an absolute liability in pass blocking.

Lee is bad at everything. Faine calls protections well.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#21 : January 06, 2012, 11:20:55 PM

http://www.620wdae.com/player/?station=WDAE-AM&program_name=podcast&program_id=DanSileo.xml&mid=21706827

PLEASE, hire this man!!

Now there is no chance since you posted that. You know thats how it works with you.

Au contraire.    Hate was one of the first ones on here to recommend that the Glazers fire Gruden and promote Raheem Morris at the end of the 2008 season.   He got his wish then, who says it won't happen again this time?

See, this is what's flawed with the thinkin of yourself and your troll-like brethren. Did i want Gruden fired, hell yea... years ago. Did i state fire Gruden to promote Raheem? Lord knows you've saved everything i've posted on this board.... so post it.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 06, 2012, 11:26:14 PM

I'd love Billick to be hired if he wants to develop Josh!

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 06, 2012, 11:32:48 PM

I just don't see the love affair with Billick. I mean our Super Bowl year, we had an offense (when Brad was healthy) that could absolutely tear teams up, especially when we got the lead and went to Alstott and Cook in the backfield. Brad had 22 TDs and only 6 INTs that year only playing in 13 games. Billick's offense was literally incompetent his Super Bowl year.

He could never develop an offense as a HC in Baltimore. Why would he be able to do it here?

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 06, 2012, 11:37:34 PM

I just don't see the love affair with Billick. I mean our Super Bowl year, we had an offense (when Brad was healthy) that could absolutely tear teams up, especially when we got the lead and went to Alstott and Cook in the backfield. Brad had 22 TDs and only 6 INTs that year only playing in 13 games. Billick's offense was literally incompetent his Super Bowl year.

He could never develop an offense as a HC in Baltimore. Why would he be able to do it here?

By hiring a good OC.

buccaneer4ever

Hall of Famer

#25 : January 06, 2012, 11:43:07 PM

A QB coach is much more instrumental in a QBs development than anyone else.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 06, 2012, 11:44:05 PM

By hiring a good OC.
And his track record in Baltimore says he'll do that. Dominik's eye for coaching talent says he'll do that. I'm sorry, but Billick is a fraud. Go get Chip Kelly.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#27 : January 06, 2012, 11:52:28 PM

Funny how you think Trueblood is an absolute liability in pass blocking and he "especially" sucks, but when he went out against the Falcons, the Falcons ate his replacements alive in pass protection.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#28 : January 06, 2012, 11:52:44 PM

By hiring a good OC.
And his track record in Baltimore says he'll do that. Dominik's eye for coaching talent says he'll do that. I'm sorry, but Billick is a fraud. Go get Chip Kelly.

Fraud at what?   We don't need the new HC to be a QB guru. He needs to a real HC, large and in charge.  He can hire a good OC or QB coach, the HC doesn't have to be an X's and O's guy.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#29 : January 06, 2012, 11:53:59 PM

I'd love Billick to be hired if he wants to develop Josh!

I'd prefer a coach who wants to get rid of Freeman.   But if you are talking about Josh Johnson, then ok.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Brian Billick on the radio with SillyHo 1/6 « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools