Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Convinced Richardson Should Be the Pick if Blackmon is Gone « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
: January 07, 2012, 01:17:47 AM

After looking more at Jeffery, I'm definitely backing off any argument for picking him at 5. (Check out the spare tire below). Instead I'm now firmly convinced that despite the obvious concerns picking a RB that early, and the fact that the last State of Alabama RB we took at #5 was an overall dissapointment, I still think Trent Richardson is a must pick for us at #5 if Blackmon is off the board.

If Blackmon is gone that would most likely Claiborne is still on the board, but unless the Bucs can somehow get a big time play maker in free agency (and I hate to break it to you but Finley, DeSean, and Vincent Jackson are getting tagged) then we need playmakers on offense to hope to have any chance to right this ship quickly.

(I still think Jeffery will be a good player though, even if he does get chunky)

: January 07, 2012, 01:59:06 AM BucsPirate1

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 07, 2012, 01:28:07 AM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/04/report-vincent-jackson-unlikely-to-get-franchise-tag/

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#2 : January 07, 2012, 01:36:35 AM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/04/report-vincent-jackson-unlikely-to-get-franchise-tag/

Don't see how the Chargers can let Vincent Jackson walk and still convince their fans they are trying to win. He in irreplaceable for them, at least this year. They let him go and they're wheels may fall all the way off.
: January 07, 2012, 01:57:24 AM BucsPirate1

nubcake

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 07, 2012, 01:39:21 AM

These are my preferences, in order

1. Kalil(I realize this is next to impossible)
2. Claiborne(very unlikely)
3. Blackmon
4. Richardson
5. Trade down

#5 might be higher depending on the potential return, of course. And if the Browns don't take RG3, it could be quite a large one.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 07, 2012, 01:40:07 AM

Saints are in a similar situation.  They have to sign Brees, Colston and Nicks.  So chances are Nicks or Colston hit the market.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#5 : January 07, 2012, 01:44:30 AM

Saints are in a similar situation.  They have to sign Brees, Colston and Nicks.  So chances are Nicks or Colston hit the market.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Colston. I think he will take a reasonable deal to stay in New Orleans. He is not going to get paid a ton anywhere with that knee, and he isn't going to have a QB like Brees anywhere else.

Pepsi

Hall of Famer
#6 : January 07, 2012, 01:45:27 AM

Damn, Jeffery does look a little flabby in the middle.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#7 : January 07, 2012, 01:48:39 AM

3. Blackmon
4. Richardson
5. Trade down

#5 might be higher depending on the potential return, of course. And if the Browns don't take RG3, it could be quite a large one.

Hopefully Blackmon is there for us, but Minnessota is the only team that would possibly take Claiborne before our pick while either St. Louis, Minnessota, or even Cleveland could justifyably take Blackmon.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 07, 2012, 01:59:26 AM

3. Blackmon
4. Richardson
5. Trade down

My problem with Blackmon is that he is not big enough to be an elite physical receiver, and he is not fast enough to be an elite speed receiver. Does he have just enough of each to be a combination "elite" receiver?  I tend to think that he is blown up a little bit due to the fact that there is very little receiver talent in this draft.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 07, 2012, 02:03:32 AM

I'm all for drafting TR. It basically ensures a strong and also elusive running game.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#10 : January 07, 2012, 02:20:46 AM

3. Blackmon
4. Richardson
5. Trade down

My problem with Blackmon is that he is not big enough to be an elite physical receiver, and he is not fast enough to be an elite speed receiver. Does he have just enough of each to be a combination "elite" receiver?  I tend to think that he is blown up a little bit due to the fact that there is very little receiver talent in this draft.

Blackmon is a beast. Did you not watch the bowl game? That dude is fast enough, and is going to outwork everyone on the field. He is TO without the baggage. It's not the broken tackles, it's the purpose he plays with. I'd take him over AJ Green or Julio Jones. Unfortunately he may well not be there.
: January 07, 2012, 02:29:17 AM BucsPirate1

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 07, 2012, 02:43:23 AM

If the Bucs do get Blackmon in the first, I'm on record as liking Doug Martin a lot in the 2nd. If Richardson were the pick though, I would hope that they could find a way to trade back into the first for Kendall Wright (who is going in the 1st round)  or Vontaze. If we don't trade up, and if someonewho we just have to take doesn't fall to the 2nd, I woud consider trading back in the 2nd and possibly drafting TY Hilton. I know he's from a small school, but he looks like a player.
: January 07, 2012, 02:46:40 AM BucsPirate1

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 07, 2012, 03:58:11 AM

3. Blackmon
4. Richardson
5. Trade down

Blackmon is a beast. Did you not watch the bowl game? That dude is fast enough, and is going to outwork everyone on the field. He is TO without the baggage. It's not the broken tackles, it's the purpose he plays with. I'd take him over AJ Green or Julio Jones. Unfortunately he may well not be there.

I have to agree hes over rated. Megatron is the type of WR you want with a top 5 pick. Other than that, it hold little value IMO. Also adding in the fact Bucs already have the youngest WR corps in the NFL, it would make them younger. WRs often dont have a huge impact for a couple years if ever. The same goes for HB as well. Richardson doesnt look like AP to me and its a lot to spend on a position with a low shelf life. Look at the playoffs, most every HB was a mid-late rounder or even undrafted. You can hit on them in later rounds and still get a high quality HB.

I say Kalil, Claiborne, or trade down and add some more draft picks while still getting a top talent. Imagine having a pick around the #10-15 spot and two 2nd high second rounders. it would go a lot further in adding talent and would make up for the lack of a 4th.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

CJPunk

Rookie

#13 : January 07, 2012, 04:32:50 AM

I think we need to get Blackmon at all costs... We had Megatron right there and then the Lions did the unthinkable and drafted ANOTHER WR in the first round! As a franchise they can't let that happen again, we need to build around  Freeman. The defense can be fixed without "playmakers" they just need a coach who knows what he's doing...That defensive front has some serious potential. The offense is what worries me more because I dont want to see us waste Freeman's career by surrounding him with mediocre talent at the skill positions. Blackmon has to be the pick.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 07, 2012, 01:36:57 PM

I'd rather get Doug Martin in the 2nd or 3rd. I don't like spending top 10 picks on RBs. Bad investment imo due to their average life span and the fact that they won't make you any better without a good line.....BUT if we do draft Richardson, I hope we go OL in the 2nd and LB in the 3rd.

We desperately need LBs and CBs, but there are quite a few CBs in free agency this yea...not much at LB. We need draft a LB.

There will still be some very good OGs and OTs with the 4th pick of the 2nd round, and I think Lavonte David will slip to the third due to his size. Whatever the order, I'm hoping for OL, RB, LB in the first three rounds. Maybe even trade back for more picks if possible.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Convinced Richardson Should Be the Pick if Blackmon is Gone « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools