Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Convinced Richardson Should Be the Pick if Blackmon is Gone « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#30 : January 07, 2012, 04:30:07 PM

Nope. I'd much rather get V Jax in FA personally. Just stating he won't take a pay cut to stay. Hopefully they lock him and brees up and let Nicks test the market. Now Nicks I would pay for lol.

I really don't think Vincent Jackson is getting to market, but if he does and the Bucs get him I would go from wanting Blackmon/Richardson to wanting Claiborne.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 07, 2012, 04:52:06 PM

I'd prefer Claiborne over Richardson or Blackmon. CB is a much bigger need and they are often hard to get in FA. Don't like RBs in the top 10 and I don't see Blackmon as a top 10 player.

How much is the drop-off in talent between Richardson and LM James (who we could get in the 2nd or later)? How much is the drop off in talent between Blackmon and Kendal Wright?

The difference between Claiborne and a 2nd rnd CB is enormous, like going from Revis to Biggers. Plus we need CBs desperately. Barber is probably gone, Talib may be gone and is a headache. The rest stink. We really need 3 CBs this offseason. We also need LBs, but there aren't any top 10 worthy ones in the draft.

So I'd say my preference is

1. Kalil- never turn down a shot at a franchise LOT unless you have one (and we don't)
2. Claiborne
3. Trade down- we have 2x needs as we have picks so get more picks and if RG3 is at 5, we MUST trade down and get a 2nd
4. Blackmon
5. Riley Reiff- don't know if he is LOT quality but is certainly a Huge ROT upgrade.
6. Richardson- at this point he is BPA

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#32 : January 07, 2012, 04:58:48 PM

How much is the drop-off in talent between Richardson and LM James (who we could get in the 2nd or later)?

this is a joke, right?  how much is drop-off in talent between LM James and Chris Rainey (who we could get in the 6th or later)?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 07, 2012, 04:58:53 PM

I'd prefer Claiborne over Richardson or Blackmon. CB is a much bigger need and they are often hard to get in FA. Don't like RBs in the top 10 and I don't see Blackmon as a top 10 player.

How much is the drop-off in talent between Richardson and LM James (who we could get in the 2nd or later)? How much is the drop off in talent between Blackmon and Kendal Wright?

The difference between Claiborne and a 2nd rnd CB is enormous, like going from Revis to Biggers. Plus we need CBs desperately. Barber is probably gone, Talib may be gone and is a headache. The rest stink. We really need 3 CBs this offseason. We also need LBs, but there aren't any top 10 worthy ones in the draft.

1. Kalil- never turn down a shot at a franchise LOT unless you have one (and we don't)
2. Claiborne
3. Trade down- we have 2x needs as we have picks so get more picks and if RG3 is at 5, we MUST trade down and get a 2nd
4. Blackmon
5. Riley Reiff- don't know if he is LOT quality but is certainly a Huge ROT upgrade.
LOL. That's not true. Trust me, I like Claiborne but if Janoris Jenkins hadn't been kicked off of the Gators, he'd be the top corner. Dre Kirkpatrick is a beat. Even Hosley who may be available in the second round is a damn good player. The only guy at this position who is heads and shoulders above the next is Griffin.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#34 : January 07, 2012, 05:59:20 PM

2. Claiborne
4. Blackmon
LOL. That's not true. Trust me, I like Claiborne but if Janoris Jenkins hadn't been kicked off of the Gators, he'd be the top corner. Dre Kirkpatrick is a beat. Even Hosley who may be available in the second round is a damn good player. The only guy at this position who is heads and shoulders above the next is Griffin.

Talent-wise I agree about Jenkins, but there is the risk of another Tanard. But I think Jenkins still goes in the first, and Dre absolutely does. I was talking about the drop-off between guys in the #5 range to in the #37 range. I wouldn't mind trading down to 10-12 adding a 2nd and getting Dre Kirkpatrick. Really might prefer a trade-down to taking Claiborne depending on the deal.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 07, 2012, 06:04:22 PM

Who is anybody trading up for unless RG3 somehow makes it to us?
: January 07, 2012, 06:10:13 PM BucsPirate1

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#36 : January 07, 2012, 06:11:26 PM

Who is anybody trading up for uness RG3 somehow makes it to us?

Crap, you're right.

I could see maybe someone (Carolina) moving up for Claiborne or Blackmon. I was PO'd that both Barkley and Landry didn't come out. Especially Barkley, he would have surely fetched a 2nd and something else

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 07, 2012, 06:14:01 PM

Charles Barkley is on NBC... maybe that will tide you over?

jhop88

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 07, 2012, 06:56:28 PM

These are my preferences, in order

1. Kalil(I realize this is next to impossible)
2. Claiborne(very unlikely)
3. Blackmon
4. Richardson
5. Trade down

#5 might be higher depending on the potential return, of course. And if the Browns don't take RG3, it could be quite a large one.

My problem with Blackmon is that he is not big enough to be an elite physical receiver, and he is not fast enough to be an elite speed receiver. Does he have just enough of each to be a combination "elite" receiver?  I tend to think that he is blown up a little bit due to the fact that there is very little receiver talent in this draft.

Answer honestly, how many Okie St games have you watched the past 2 seasons?

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 07, 2012, 08:50:46 PM

I think a lot of questions will be answered when the new coaching staff is in place. Right now, I think it's more important to get a CB...with any sense of equality in talent....than either a back or WR. The team probably needs 3 CBs who play regularly to be brought in on the roster unless you like Biggers and you believe Talib will be here next year. I'd rather they went Claiborne in the first and pending where a guy such as Kendal Wright would go....maybe taking him in rd 2 if he lasts that long. That's what the team needs IMO an outside guy who can get deep. Then if a guy such as Doug Martin or James gets to rd 3 maybe you take one of them. I still have no idea how they come up with any LBers of value.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#40 : January 08, 2012, 03:43:55 AM

Claiborne or Blackmon then Richardson in that order.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#41 : January 08, 2012, 08:32:36 AM

Some of you have an exaggerated opinion of our need for speed. Our passing game was solid in 2010 with these same receivers. The need better coaching because they can't get open. They can't read a zone or beat the bump and run when CBs get physical at the line. The only thing we need to add to our WR corps is a sure handed experience veteran that knows how to get open.

The one place where we truly do need speed is in a real 3rd down back. We need a Sproles/Ray Rice/Ahmad Bradsdhaw type of all purpose back. A short, shifty, compact guy that can take the dump off pass and get 10+ yards consistently and take it to the house occasionally.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#42 : January 08, 2012, 08:45:05 AM

As far as Blackmon being too small and too slow to be a #1.....false. He's the same size or bigger than Michael Irving, Marvin Harrison,  Anqwan Boldin, Antonio Bryant, and Miles Austin and just as fast. Everyone wants there #1 receiver to run a 4.3 and be 6'5" but that is rarely the case. The important thing is great hands, route running, intelligence, ability to go up and contort your body in mid air, and drive. Blackmon has all these things and is clearly a number one.

I've soured on Jeffery and would stay away. His stock is high because people get enamored with his size, but he is inconsistent and has a weight problem which shows he has maturity/work ethic issues. I predict he'll be a fat bust.

For the second best WR in the draft my money is on Michael Floyd. He isn't quite as good as Blackmon, but he's close and he has the size that everyone wants.

sharp2325

Starter

#43 : January 08, 2012, 09:06:15 AM

They need to incorporate Blount into third down passing. In limited opportunities last season he averaged almost 10 yards a catch. We do need a change of speed back but need to keep Blount on the field as an everydown back. I love how the Saints use Sproles. They move him all around while keeping P thomas or Ivory on the field at the same time. Hopefully we will get an OC that knows how to utilize our young taleted offensive players.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#44 : January 08, 2012, 09:14:11 AM

Blount can be used in the passing game more and should be, but he's not an every down back. He's never going to be the quick and shifty guy we need as our every down back. It's why I am so high on Doug Martin. Martin and Blount could be our Bradshaw and Jacobs. The only difference is that Blount is more talented than Brandon Jacobs so he would still play a big part in our offense. In New York, Bradshaw/Jacobs split touches around 80/20 but Martin/Blount would be closer to 50/50.

Bottomline is we need a short quick guy that can stop and turn on a dime. You watch linebackers try to cover Sproles or Ray Rice and they don't stand a chance. It gives the QB a dump off option every time, and that dump off option has the potential to be a huge gain. It's huge for any offense to have that. Look at how bad it hurt San Diego to lose Sproles this year.
: January 08, 2012, 09:20:06 AM JDouble

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Convinced Richardson Should Be the Pick if Blackmon is Gone « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools