Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Convinced Richardson Should Be the Pick if Blackmon is Gone « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

buc-clone

Rookie

#75 : January 08, 2012, 08:14:17 PM

No value in Running back in the top 5.

Top 10 picks are for 3 things.

Quarterbacks
People who hit quaterbacks
People who protect quarterbacks

Trade down if Richardson is the pick.

Explosive plays be damned?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#76 : January 08, 2012, 08:50:08 PM

Quarterbacks

I agree 100%. QBs, OTs, CBs, and pass rushers. I'd even go WR if you think he's a once in a decade type player, but it's just bad value to take a RB in the top 10. They have the shortest life span of any position and RB is the easiest position to find gems in middle to late rounds. Richardson will be a stud, but he isn't going to be the best value for us at #5.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#77 : January 08, 2012, 11:10:33 PM

Quarterbacks

I agree 100%. QBs, OTs, CBs, and pass rushers. I'd even go WR if you think he's a once in a decade type player, but it's just bad value to take a RB in the top 10. They have the shortest life span of any position and RB is the easiest position to find gems in middle to late rounds. Richardson will be a stud, but he isn't going to be the best value for us at #5.

Who is the best value at #5 for a team that needs to show life on offense and who needs to surround their QB with talent to fairly evaluate him ASAP? I just don't see how a cover corner who is not a good tackler really helps us in the short-medium term. To me the biggest objectives this offseason are 1. Give Freeman Weapons. 2. Fix our horrible run defense.

Who do you propose we draft at #5 assuming Luck, Kalil, Blackmon and RG3 are off the board?

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#78 : January 09, 2012, 07:06:59 AM

Part of helping Freeman is putting together a defense that can stop opposing teams from scoring 40+ every game.

If Kalil is gone, which he will be, I think we are probably best off trying to trade back a little to pick up another draft pick or two.

If we want a RB, I'd take extra picks and Doug Martin or Chris Polk over Trent Richardson every time.

If we want a WR I would take Michael Floyd with extra picks over Justin Blackmon.

If we want an OT I would take extra picks and Andew Datko or Mike Adams over Rielly Reiff or Jonathan Martin.

If we want a CB I would take extra picks and Denard, Kirkpatrick, or even Jenkins over Claiborne.

Only way I would want us to stay is if Kalil is still there, and that seems highly unlikely. When it comes to trading back though, it's easier said than done. If the Browns take RG3 we will probably be stuck at #5.
: January 09, 2012, 07:21:31 AM JDouble

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#79 : January 09, 2012, 08:03:45 AM

Can Richardson block for himself? I'm not convinced he would be much more productive than Blount was this year.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Orangegone1

Starter

#80 : January 09, 2012, 08:30:01 AM

I don't know if we'll be able to attract FA's receivers here. What would be the draw for Jackson or Colston especially if there is similar money thrown at them from other teams. We may be forced to go after offense in the 1st round. I really like Blackmon but getting Floyd and some extra picks would be fine. FA corners are pretty expensive, so you would think we would have to address that in the 1st few rounds. I just hope we can we can recruit and sign a: S, LB, CB, and maybe a TE and OG(Nicks). Getting Nicks away from NO and protecting Brees and getting him here would be huge. That would be one player to overpay for. It serves a dual purpose.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#81 : January 09, 2012, 08:38:48 AM

I'm not for drafting a G or C in the top 5, but if we traded back far enough we could take Decastro or Konz in the first. Interior O-line is a serious need.

Ideally we could trade back to the middle of the first and draft Faine's replacement in Peter Konz, draft a stud LG like Kelechi Osemele in the 2nd, and use the other 2nd rounder we get from trading back to get a solid all purpose back like Doug Martin. That would change the face of our offense and allow us to dominate the line.

I realize the defense is horrible and needs help, but we have used almost all of out top picks on defense for the last two years. We have to give Freeman more talent on offense. We could still use our 3rd rounder and FA to fill holes on defense.
: January 09, 2012, 08:41:34 AM JDouble

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#82 : January 09, 2012, 09:24:52 AM

Part of helping Freeman is putting together a defense that can stop opposing teams from scoring 40+ every game.

If Kalil is gone, which he will be, I think we are probably best off trying to trade back a little to pick up another draft pick or two.

If we want a RB, I'd take extra picks and Doug Martin or Chris Polk over Trent Richardson every time.

If we want a WR I would take Michael Floyd with extra picks over Justin Blackmon.

If we want an OT I would take extra picks and Andew Datko or Mike Adams over Rielly Reiff or Jonathan Martin.

If we want a CB I would take extra picks and Denard, Kirkpatrick, or even Jenkins over Claiborne.

Only way I would want us to stay is if Kalil is still there, and that seems highly unlikely. When it comes to trading back though, it's easier said than done. If the Browns take RG3 we will probably be stuck at #5.

Who is anybody trading up for unless RG3 somehow makes it to 5? I love how everyone throws trading down around like some magic bullet but forget that it takes someone worth a team trading extra picks for being on the board.

You never answered my question. Who is the best value at #5 if Blackmon, Kalil, Luck, and RG3 are not on the board?
: January 09, 2012, 10:01:56 AM BucsPirate1

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#83 : January 09, 2012, 03:46:52 PM

Who is anybody trading up for unless RG3 somehow makes it to 5? I love how everyone throws trading down around like some magic bullet but forget that it takes someone worth a team trading extra picks for being on the board.

......what did I JUST say?

You never answered my question. Who is the best value at #5 if Blackmon, Kalil, Luck, and RG3 are not on the board?

I haven't watched enough college football this year to know if Claiborne is the real deal or not, but every draft site has him going top 5. If he is really an elite CB then he has way more value than a RB.....and we just so happen to desperately need a new #1 CB to replace Talib.
: January 09, 2012, 03:50:32 PM JDouble

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#84 : January 10, 2012, 10:11:51 AM

Did everyone get a chance to watch Trent Richardson last night? It was a clear picture of what kind of impact he would have on this team. His stats look ok, but anyone who actually suffered through watching all four quarters, will know he was ineffective. To me it clearly showed what a small impact he would have on a team with so many holes like the Bucs. I feel more now than ever that he would be a huge mistake at #5. I also feel that Doug Martin is every bit as good, maybe better.

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#85 : January 10, 2012, 09:51:04 PM

Hmmm... all I know is watching Adrian Peterson go to the Vikings and turn into one of the league's best makes it very hard to pass up on this guy.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#86 : January 10, 2012, 09:57:56 PM

And what exactly has the best RB of the decade done for the Vikings? What has Steven Jackson done for the Rams for that matter? A great RB doesn't = success on a crappy team.

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#87 : January 10, 2012, 10:01:33 PM

True, all of the pieces of the puzzle must fit together. This team needs a major overhaul but I think we can't ignore BPA again.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Convinced Richardson Should Be the Pick if Blackmon is Gone « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools