Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jason La Canfora reporting on Buccaneers Head Coach « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 15

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #15 : January 08, 2012, 10:50:34 AM »

I'd support the hire for the 2012 season and see where it goes. More important than Sherman is who the OC/DC/QB coaches will be.

freddy

Hall of Famer
« #16 : January 08, 2012, 10:50:47 AM »

Not thrilled but it would get the ship pointing in the right direction.

What happened to a thorough search?

Well you have to wonder how many quality candidates are really interested in this situation?  Young roster, Dom in place, and a recent history of low spending.

This could very well be true.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

« #17 : January 08, 2012, 10:50:52 AM »

Vomit time.

Mike Sherman is a nothing.
He exact opposite of Raheem in "skin color only". On GameDay, they're the SameGuy.
I've disliked the Packers for a long time, and this was a STIFF we could always hang over their heads. "Mike Sherman?"

I won't be buying any Bucs merchandise or going to any games if he's hired.
« : January 08, 2012, 11:09:41 AM TheChronicHotAir »

BucD

Hall of Famer

« #18 : January 08, 2012, 10:55:10 AM »

You have La Canfora reporting that he it could/will be Sherman and Schefter saying it might not/won't be Sherman...

Let's wait and see this thing play out before freaking out.

I told you guys that I thought Sherman was the backup plan.  If he is the guy I bet no one else was interested...

It's all speculation.  The Glazer family are so tight lipped and plays things so close to the vest....NO ONE knows...not even the great La Canfora or Schefter.  Hell Schefter said that himself...
« : January 08, 2012, 10:57:07 AM MJay9000 »

bfarbs

Pro Bowler
« #19 : January 08, 2012, 10:58:17 AM »

Favre didnt perform well under Sherman; someone posted on this earlier. If you want someone who developed a QB in Green Bay, they should get Packers QB Coach, Tom Clements. He improved Favre's statistics after they tailed off under, guess who, MIKE SHERMAN! He has also been responsible for developing Aaron Rodgers and Matt Flynn. From his bio on Packers website:

The previous two seasons, in addition to tutoring Rodgers as the backup and heir apparent, Clements oversaw a mini-renaissance of Brett Favre’s career. In 2006, Favre reduced his interceptions from a career-high 29 the year before to just 18, setting the stage for a near-MVP season in 2007, when he surpassed 4,000 yards passing for the fifth time. He also posted a then career-best completion percentage of 66.5 and a QB rating of 95.7 that was his third best at that point in leading the Packers back to the playoffs.

Before coming to Green Bay, Clements spent two seasons (2004-05) as offensive coordinator for the Buffalo Bills. In 2004, the Bills’ offense increased its scoring output by 152 and reduced its number of sacks allowed from 51 to 38, fewest by a Bills team since 1999. The unit was highlighted by RB Willis McGahee, who became the fifth running back in Bills history to register back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons, covering each year of Clements’ tenure. In addition, QB Kelly Holcomb set a club record in 2005 with a 67.39 completion percentage, surpassing Jim Kelly’s 1991 mark, 64.14 percent.

Prior to joining the Bills, Clements served as Pittsburgh’s quarterbacks coach for three seasons (2001-03) under Bill Cowher. In 2002, he helped Tommy Maddox earn the Comeback Player of the Year award from The Associated Press, as Pittsburgh’s passing offense ranked seventh in the NFL, its highest finish since 1980 with Terry Bradshaw under center.

Clements also worked with Pittsburgh’s Kordell Stewart (2001) and Kansas City’s Elvis Grbac (2000) during each quarterback’s best season, both culminating in Pro Bowl berths. Mike Ditka gave Clements his first NFL coaching job, hiring him to coach the Saints’ quarterbacks (1997-99), a group that included Jake Delhomme and Kerry Collins.'

Pretty impressive resume as QB coach. He made Tommy Maddox look good, what else do you need to know?
Personally, I'd vote for Zimmer as Head Coach and would love to pry Clements out of Green Bay to be offensive coordinator. 

Madman

Hall of Famer
« #20 : January 08, 2012, 10:58:36 AM »

Sherman bio. He was more than a caretaker at GB. Just sayin' I think he's a respectable candidate.  One who could attract a quality DC.

In 2000, Sherman became the head coach of the Green Bay Packers. He led the Packers to five consecutive winning seasons from 2000–04. From 2002–2004, he led the Packers to three consecutive NFC North Division titles. From 2000–04, he compiled a 53–27 record, and a .663 winning percentage, which was the second highest in Packers history, trailing that of Vince Lombardi's, who is one of the most successful coaches in the history of football.

An offensive-minded coach, Sherman led the Packers to break franchise records for rushing in 2003 and passing in 2004. In 2003, Packers quarterback Brett Favre led the NFL in touchdown passes, in addition to setting a franchise record for rushing yardage. The 2003 team also gained a total of 442 points, which is the fourth most in franchise history (560 in 2011, 461 in 2009, 456 in 1996, when the team won the Super Bowl).

jvato24

Starter

« #21 : January 08, 2012, 10:59:59 AM »

what a nightmare

The Franchi5e

Pro Bowler

« #22 : January 08, 2012, 11:01:21 AM »

If he had anything to do with the development of Von Miller then I'd like it.

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

« #23 : January 08, 2012, 11:05:25 AM »

Sherman Favre bio. He was more than a caretaker at GB. Just sayin' I think he's a respectable candidate.  One who could attract a quality DC.

In 2000, Sherman  Favre became the head coach of the Green Bay Packers. He led the Packers to five consecutive winning seasons from 2000–04. From 2002–2004, he led the Packers to three consecutive NFC North Division titles. From 2000–04, he compiled a 53–27 record, and a .663 winning percentage, which was the second highest in Packers history, trailing that of Vince Lombardi's, who is one of the most successful coaches in the history of football.

An offensive-minded coach, Sherman Favre led the Packers to break franchise records for rushing in 2003 and passing in 2004. In 2003, Packers quarterback Brett Favre led the NFL in touchdown passes, in addition to setting a franchise record for rushing yardage. The 2003 team also gained a total of 442 points, which is the fourth most in franchise history (560 in 2011, 461 in 2009, 456 in 1996, when the team won the Super Bowl).

fixed it.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

« #24 : January 08, 2012, 11:05:26 AM »

Let's go get Jim Caldwell if we're getting coaches who were 100% products of their HOF QBs. Sherman sucks. NO RETREADS~!!!!!!

Who are you suggesting they hire?
Carmichael who developed Brees, Chip Kelly and his innovative offensive schemes, Les Miles because he's the F'ing man, Chud bc he has a good track record as a teacher and a coordinator in multiple stops, someone who has a track record and has earned a shot as a headcoach. Not someone who was literally fired a month ago because he was a terrible coach.

So guys with no HC experience at the NFL level.

You blast Sherman for living off Favre and you want Chud who is hyped because of Cam? Last college coach not named Harbaugh who was a successful HC in the NFL?
Ignorant statement. Favre was a proven commodity, Cam is a rookie. Secondly, Chud also got a miracle season out of Derek freaking Andersen. He won a national title as an OC at Miami and had a great record with their tight ends there (Shockey, Winslow). Pete Carroll made the playoffs last year. Saban wasn't that bad. He turned a 4-12 team into a 9-7 team and then went 6-10 mostly because of QB issues. The team went 1-15 after... interestingly enough beating Brian Billick. We play in an era of offense, Chip Kelly is the best offensive mind the game may have to offer right now.

And we have such a young team, they're basically all college players. Get a college coach who will have some creativity.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

« #25 : January 08, 2012, 11:06:04 AM »

Von Miller was a 5 star recruit.  he was suppose to be good.

Madman

Hall of Famer
« #26 : January 08, 2012, 11:06:18 AM »

I agree Tom Clements is a fantastic QB coach. I doubt he'd accept an offer to be the OC of the Bucs. I suspect he's pretty comfortable in GB.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

« #27 : January 08, 2012, 11:07:47 AM »

Sherman Favre bio. He was more than a caretaker at GB. Just sayin' I think he's a respectable candidate.  One who could attract a quality DC.

In 2000, Sherman  Favre became the head coach of the Green Bay Packers. He led the Packers to five consecutive winning seasons from 2000–04. From 2002–2004, he led the Packers to three consecutive NFC North Division titles. From 2000–04, he compiled a 53–27 record, and a .663 winning percentage, which was the second highest in Packers history, trailing that of Vince Lombardi's, who is one of the most successful coaches in the history of football.

An offensive-minded coach, Sherman Favre led the Packers to break franchise records for rushing in 2003 and passing in 2004. In 2003, Packers quarterback Brett Favre led the NFL in touchdown passes, in addition to setting a franchise record for rushing yardage. The 2003 team also gained a total of 442 points, which is the fourth most in franchise history (560 in 2011, 461 in 2009, 456 in 1996, when the team won the Super Bowl).

fixed it.
+1 LOL

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
« #28 : January 08, 2012, 11:08:15 AM »

There are worse candidates out there but Sherman does very little to excite me as a fan that we will be able to compete with the other teams in our division for the foreseeable future.  However, alot depends on who would be the OC and DC

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

« #29 : January 08, 2012, 11:08:15 AM »

Sherman bio. He was more than a caretaker at GB. Just sayin' I think he's a respectable candidate.  One who could attract a quality DC.

In 2000, Sherman became the head coach of the Green Bay Packers. He led the Packers to five consecutive winning seasons from 2000–04. From 2002–2004, he led the Packers to three consecutive NFC North Division titles. From 2000–04, he compiled a 53–27 record, and a .663 winning percentage, which was the second highest in Packers history, trailing that of Vince Lombardi's, who is one of the most successful coaches in the history of football.

An offensive-minded coach, Sherman led the Packers to break franchise records for rushing in 2003 and passing in 2004. In 2003, Packers quarterback Brett Favre led the NFL in touchdown passes, in addition to setting a franchise record for rushing yardage. The 2003 team also gained a total of 442 points, which is the fourth most in franchise history (560 in 2011, 461 in 2009, 456 in 1996, when the team won the Super Bowl).

And he led the Packers to a One and Done with every playoff appearance.

And he runs a WCO that a lot of us would like to get away from so we can see what Free can do in another system.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jason La Canfora reporting on Buccaneers Head Coach « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools