Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jason La Canfora reporting on Buccaneers Head Coach « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#30 : January 08, 2012, 11:09:11 AM

Mike Sherman is the logical choice, not sure how the fanbase will embrace the hire.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 08, 2012, 11:10:03 AM

with blackouts

Madman

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 08, 2012, 11:11:33 AM

Let's go get Jim Caldwell if we're getting coaches who were 100% products of their HOF QBs. Sherman sucks. NO RETREADS~!!!!!!

Who are you suggesting they hire?
Carmichael who developed Brees, Chip Kelly and his innovative offensive schemes, Les Miles because he's the F'ing man, Chud bc he has a good track record as a teacher and a coordinator in multiple stops, someone who has a track record and has earned a shot as a headcoach. Not someone who was literally fired a month ago because he was a terrible coach.

So guys with no HC experience at the NFL level.

You blast Sherman for living off Favre and you want Chud who is hyped because of Cam? Last college coach not named Harbaugh who was a successful HC in the NFL?
Ignorant statement. Favre was a proven commodity, Cam is a rookie. Secondly, Chud also got a miracle season out of Derek freaking Andersen. He won a national title as an OC at Miami and had a great record with their tight ends there (Shockey, Winslow). Pete Carroll made the playoffs last year. Saban wasn't that bad. He turned a 4-12 team into a 9-7 team and then went 6-10 mostly because of QB issues. The team went 1-15 after... interestingly enough beating Brian Billick. We play in an era of offense, Chip Kelly is the best offensive mind the game may have to offer right now.

And we have such a young team, they're basically all college players. Get a college coach who will have some creativity.

Pete Carroll? That's your college HC success story? And Saban, who quit Miami after less than 2 seasons? This is probably news to you but Pete Carroll was coaching in the NFL for about 15 years before USC.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#33 : January 08, 2012, 11:11:48 AM

with blackouts

and indifference to the franchise....

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 08, 2012, 11:12:00 AM

Say it ain't so.

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 08, 2012, 11:14:53 AM

Sherman's WCO is a balanced attack that utilizes the entire field and the running game is an integral part of it.  Some WCO are air it out (Reid) and some are short underneath stuff (Mooch, Gruden, Olson).  Sherman is inbetween these extremes.  More vertical than a Mooch WCO, but still run oriented as Mooch's version. 

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 08, 2012, 11:15:23 AM

Let's go get Jim Caldwell if we're getting coaches who were 100% products of their HOF QBs. Sherman sucks. NO RETREADS~!!!!!!

Who are you suggesting they hire?
Carmichael who developed Brees, Chip Kelly and his innovative offensive schemes, Les Miles because he's the F'ing man, Chud bc he has a good track record as a teacher and a coordinator in multiple stops, someone who has a track record and has earned a shot as a headcoach. Not someone who was literally fired a month ago because he was a terrible coach.

So guys with no HC experience at the NFL level.

You blast Sherman for living off Favre and you want Chud who is hyped because of Cam? Last college coach not named Harbaugh who was a successful HC in the NFL?
Ignorant statement. Favre was a proven commodity, Cam is a rookie. Secondly, Chud also got a miracle season out of Derek freaking Andersen. He won a national title as an OC at Miami and had a great record with their tight ends there (Shockey, Winslow). Pete Carroll made the playoffs last year. Saban wasn't that bad. He turned a 4-12 team into a 9-7 team and then went 6-10 mostly because of QB issues. The team went 1-15 after... interestingly enough beating Brian Billick. We play in an era of offense, Chip Kelly is the best offensive mind the game may have to offer right now.

And we have such a young team, they're basically all college players. Get a college coach who will have some creativity.

Pete Carroll? That's your college HC success story? And Saban, who quit Miami after less than 2 seasons? This is probably news to you but Pete Carroll was coaching in the NFL for about 15 years before USC.
I know Carroll was, and I know he had previously been a head coach in the NFL. In his two years, Saban won 15 games. The Dolphins won 5 games in the seasons surrounding his two. Yes he quit, but he wasn't a disaster purely as a coach. Chip Kelly and Les Miles would generate excitement and they both ahve long successful track records. Miles even has some NFL experience. Why get guys who have failed in the NFL when there are guys who haven't had a chance?

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 08, 2012, 11:15:38 AM

Mike Sherman is the logical choice, not sure how the fanbase will embrace the hire.

with "Yawns" and slow/no ticket sales.

Mike Sherman is as BORING as it gets...

Enhanced Cranston Logo - \"Alan Cranston-- You\'ve Just Been Warholled!\"

Captain Hindsight

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 08, 2012, 11:16:18 AM

I love the justification for a Sherman hiring being, "we can do worse".

Hilarious.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 08, 2012, 11:18:32 AM

with "Yawns" and slow/no ticket sales.

Mike Sherman is as BORING as it gets...

He ran a top end offense, how is that boring?

3 years ago with a choice between Sherman and Morris you are the kind of folks who would have picked Morris because he was  a "hot" young name.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

Bucsfan4life323

Starter
#40 : January 08, 2012, 11:19:48 AM

Mort just said on Countdown that Brad Childress is supposedly coming in for an interview tomorrow, barf..

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 08, 2012, 11:19:49 AM

Compared to Raheem he looks like the almighty, but still not the right guy

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 08, 2012, 11:20:18 AM

Childress? I will jump off a **CENSORED**ing bridge.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 08, 2012, 11:20:31 AM

I love the justification for a Sherman hiring being, "we can do worse".

Hilarious.

OK, who can we get that is better? I mean real actual hire-able names not guys who aren't coaching or aren't interested in coaching. I can poke holes in anyone you want. Zimmer has a up and down resume. Chud is 1 .5 year "wonder". Mularky has been an HC and failed in BUF.  Anyone else you want to roll out there?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#44 : January 08, 2012, 11:20:33 AM

I think it is more about chemistry between the members of the coaching staff than anything else. Look at Robert Nunn. He was horrible here and our D-line was garbage. He was fired and everyone was happy. Now he is coaching the NY Giants D-line. He has been since last year and coincidentally they have been the best defensive line in the league the last two years.

I don't think there is a perfect HC, but there is a perfect coaching staff.

That said, I like Jim Washburn as our DC. Possibly even our HC if he can hire the right offensive staff. The front seven was consistently good during his 10 years with the Titans, and this year he took over as the Eagles D-line coach. They led the league is sacks when only rushing the front four with 38 sacks. We need to bring in a rea, experienced offensive coaching staff for Freeman, but we have invested so much in our D-line over the last two years....bringing in a d-line guru like Washburn should also be a top priority. Maybe we could even bring back Keith Millard to keep some continuity and have him learn from Washburn for a few years to eventually replace him. Washburn is 62 afterall.

Draft Aaron Donald

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Jason La Canfora reporting on Buccaneers Head Coach « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools