Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mort: Bucs considering for HC... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

« #30 : January 08, 2012, 11:46:46 AM »

What kind of coordinators do you think Marty could bring to the table?

Tony Sparano (DC)and his son Brian (OC) would be a start and his brother Kurt (ST).
Brian makes Greg Olson look imaginative.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
« #31 : January 08, 2012, 11:47:49 AM »

Brian is severly handcuffed by Sanchez imo.

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

« #32 : January 08, 2012, 11:48:46 AM »

Sanchez = eerily similar to Freeman

YReceiver14

Starter

« #33 : January 08, 2012, 11:48:49 AM »

Tony Sparano (DC)and his son Brian (OC) would be a start and his brother Kurt (ST). Or bring in Mike Singletary to mentor under Schottenheimer......look at his coaching tree of previously successful HCs.

Sparano would be an OC.

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

« #34 : January 08, 2012, 11:48:55 AM »

Tony Sparano (DC)and his son Brian (OC) would be a start and his brother Kurt (ST).
Brian makes Greg Olson look imaginative.

Sanchez sucks.

YReceiver14

Starter

« #35 : January 08, 2012, 11:51:39 AM »

Sanchez = eerily similar to Freeman

No way.  They each have a completely separate set of issues.  The only similarity is that neither is setting the world on fire.

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #36 : January 08, 2012, 11:51:41 AM »

Depending on the coords brought in I'm ok with either but I would much prefer Marty over Sherman if it came down to the two. Wonder if lil Schott would follow daddy here since his time in NY seems to be over?  Let Marty right the ship then hand the reigns over to his son after a few seasons.

Why? The only knock you can hang on Sherman's resume is "post season" but Marty's biggest knock is that he get the chickenbone everytime he gets to the post season (.278 winning % in the post season).

Right now honestly I'd be happy to bring a guy in to right the ship. Get us back to making the playoffs reguarly then we can **CENSORED** about the next step.

Lovely but Sherman can do that as well based on his resume AND he's better in the post-season. I don't get the Sherman hate but Shotty love. I'm fine with either guy but act like one is "OMFG" brilliant and the other is terrible makes no sense.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

wolfet

Pro Bowler
« #37 : January 08, 2012, 11:51:49 AM »

Marty would be the best choice to right the ship.  The players would get a huge wake up call. 

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

« #38 : January 08, 2012, 11:52:43 AM »

Agree that Marty is the best candidate. Though I'm still intrigued by Tom Cable. Make our team nasty!

wolfet

Pro Bowler
« #39 : January 08, 2012, 11:54:42 AM »

Marty could bring in cable as the ol coach.

OneTruth

Pro Bowler

« #40 : January 08, 2012, 11:55:41 AM »

marty is the best out of those - billiick is better still.

SpeedInSpaceBucs!

Hall of Famer

« #41 : January 08, 2012, 11:55:52 AM »

Marty could bring in cable as the ol coach.

THIS I like

bashear

Hall of Famer

« #42 : January 08, 2012, 11:56:56 AM »

Depending on the coords brought in I'm ok with either but I would much prefer Marty over Sherman if it came down to the two. Wonder if lil Schott would follow daddy here since his time in NY seems to be over?  Let Marty right the ship then hand the reigns over to his son after a few seasons.

Why? The only knock you can hang on Sherman's resume is "post season" but Marty's biggest knock is that he get the chickenbone everytime he gets to the post season (.278 winning % in the post season).

Playoffs, You're talking playoffs?? Lets just see if this team can get to .500.
Playoffs?

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
« #43 : January 08, 2012, 11:58:44 AM »

Right now honestly I'd be happy to bring a guy in to right the ship. Get us back to making the playoffs reguarly then we can **CENSORED** about the next step.

Lovely but Sherman can do that as well based on his resume AND he's better in the post-season. I don't get the Sherman hate but Shotty love. I'm fine with either guy but act like one is "OMFG" brilliant and the other is terrible makes no sense.
The differences are...
Martys prolonged NFL success compared to Shermans 6 years.
Marty did it with 4 different teams, Sherman just 1.
Marty had success with wall kinds of QBs, Sherman just a HoFer.

Marty is more proven to be a guy to right the ship, he likely won't get us to the promised land but turn us into a real legit NFL team that can compete with anyone.

Ramonb

Pro Bowler

« #44 : January 08, 2012, 11:59:05 AM »

Shotty is a good coach and has had success turning franchises around.
  Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 8
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mort: Bucs considering for HC... « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools