Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BCS National Championship Thread « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#135 : January 09, 2012, 11:45:24 PM

LOL. I've been telling people Les Miles is a terrible in game manager. In fact, I remember telling you that Chace and you wanted proof. Well look no further than this game. Tons of mistakes by him.

Im fine with admitting that I was wrong that Les would be a good fit in Tampa...sure..I remember you saying that...but when did I ask for proof?..I dont remember that...

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#136 : January 10, 2012, 12:25:04 AM

BTW, let me make the case that LSU is the national title winner. In a non-playoff system that is allegedly accounting for total season quality LSU and Bama are now both 1 win teams, both have an equal HtH record, but LSU is the conference champ and has played a stronger SoS than Bama including that beatdown they put on the Pac10 champs in game 1. It says a lot for how dumb the BCS is that I can make that argument to people in a bar (many still sober) and a lot of them were like, "You know....".

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#137 : January 10, 2012, 12:28:28 AM

disagree.  lsu won a game against bama in OT where bama missed 4 FG's.  bama thoroughly dominated tonight and showed they are a better team.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#138 : January 10, 2012, 12:29:49 AM

disagree.  lsu won a game against bama in OT where bama missed 4 FG's.  bama thoroughly dominated tonight and showed they are a better team.

Bama lost on their home field and LSU lost on a neutral field. Bamas only edge is winning the most recent game. I bet you if you left oout the rankings - or put both at 1 - LSU would be  higher ranked than Bama.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#139 : January 10, 2012, 12:34:47 AM

Bama lost on their home field and LSU lost on a neutral field. Bamas only edge is winning the most recent game. I bet you if you left oout the rankings - or put both at 1 - LSU would be  higher ranked than Bama.

that neutral field is 30 minutes outside of baton rouge.  higher ranked by whom?

i know its a what if game, but if bama had kicked one FG in the first meeting they would have been playing okla st in this game, not lsu.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#140 : January 10, 2012, 12:38:13 AM

that neutral field is 30 minutes outside of baton rouge.  higher ranked by whom?

i know its a what if game, but if bama had kicked one FG in the first meeting they would have been playing okla st in this game, not lsu.

Geography doesn't matter, that stadium wasn't like being in Death Valley.

Higher ranked when you cranked out the BCS magic formula. Short of voters making Bama the #1 team like they are forced to by the stupid BCS rule if you ran both teams with the same rank through the BCS formula LSU would be the higher ranked team even with tonights results because the seaosn accomplishments are higher. When you don't have a playoff that is, allegedly, what you are measuring not the results of one game like a playoff would. I'm just following the "logic" of the BCS I'm surely not saying that that "logic" is any good.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#141 : January 10, 2012, 09:28:01 AM

Geography doesn't matter, that stadium wasn't like being in Death Valley.

Higher ranked when you cranked out the BCS magic formula. Short of voters making Bama the #1 team like they are forced to by the stupid BCS rule if you ran both teams with the same rank through the BCS formula LSU would be the higher ranked team even with tonights results because the seaosn accomplishments are higher. When you don't have a playoff that is, allegedly, what you are measuring not the results of one game like a playoff would. I'm just following the "logic" of the BCS I'm surely not saying that that "logic" is any good.

Randy Galloway says it perfectly..."The BOGUS National Championship"

Until preseason, you stay classy Red Board.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#142 : January 10, 2012, 09:31:13 AM

Randy Galloway says it perfectly..."The BOGUS National Championship"

its better than what we had 20 years ago.  hopefully they put a plus1 in place.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#143 : January 10, 2012, 09:43:13 AM

As soon as this game gets good, I'll turn it on.  Oh crap, it's over?  Oh well, I missed it.  Good thing I watched that UConn/W.Va game... at least that was entertaining.

tonto

Starter

#144 : January 10, 2012, 09:59:33 AM

Now that's what I call football!   Great defense.  Love it.   
Page: 1 ... 8 9 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BCS National Championship Thread « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools