Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Proof that Sports commentators are among the most ignorant and stupid « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Runole

Hall of Famer
#15 : August 11, 2012, 08:01:58 AM

I've learned only a few things in my life but one of them is this. When you hear someone say "I have proof" rarely and I mean rarely do they have actual proof.

Further to your post, all predicted very close games, why are you so offended by this? You seemed outraged over this injustice.

While I am flattered that for some reason this post is commented on a year later, the point is the game wasn't close and the overwhelming majority of writers picked the wrong team to win.  My only point is they are very poor at predicting the future, and certainly should have looked at the history between evenly matched teams when it comes to rematches.

That most of the replies focused on the typo mistake is quite telling.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 20, 2012, 05:03:54 PM

I've learned only a few things in my life but one of them is this. When you hear someone say "I have proof" rarely and I mean rarely do they have actual proof.

Further to your post, all predicted very close games, why are you so offended by this? You seemed outraged over this injustice.

While I am flattered that for some reason this post is commented on a year later, the point is the game wasn't close and the overwhelming majority of writers picked the wrong team to win.  My only point is they are very poor at predicting the future, and certainly should have looked at the history between evenly matched teams when it comes to rematches.

That most of the replies focused on the typo mistake is quite telling.

Typos are not allowed and vigorously defended as such.

I guess when someone gets good at predicting the outcomes of games, they'll stop writing about it and start betting on it in Vegas.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

McBarron

Pro Bowler

#17 : August 21, 2012, 12:33:26 PM

Cheap jersey and very nice quality NFL Jersey just need $18.99
Order 10 pcs jerseys we provide free shipping.
Share our site you can get the 5% discout code!~
Tell us the number and we will update for you :)
Enjoy the best online shipping experience
2012 New Nike NFL Jerseys

NEVER buy anything from a company whose marketer has the spelling and grammatical skills of a four year old.

You've been warned.

BucNY

Hall of Famer

#18 : March 26, 2013, 01:10:03 PM

Haha, this last post makes about as much sense as the OP.

\\\\\\\"This forum needs a poster like BucNY now more than ever\\\\\\\"
      - Everyone

Runole

Hall of Famer
#19 : April 07, 2013, 09:47:39 AM

Well I understand the criticism I just would like to see these commentators have the character to admit they were wrong.    Why is that so hard?

No one can predict the future and perhaps I am being a bit too harsh but I guess their arrogance  in their predictions that turn out to be completely wrong is irritating.

I just think it would be refreshing to hear one of them say .... "Wow!  I certainly screwed up on that prediction. "

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#20 : April 16, 2013, 09:46:14 AM

I just would like to see these commentators have the character to admit they were wrong.    Why is that so hard?
You've never had enough character to do so.

How's the ACC lookin' in football next year? Gonna make an ass out of yourself again by arguing that they are as good or better than the SEC?
How about telling us again how Alabama shouldn't have let go of Mike Shula? How about reminding us of how irresponsible Bama was for giving Saban such a big contract? Maybe you want to tell us again about how Saban won't be able to recruit, because he's such a slimy liar that no parent would let their kid go play for Saban?

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

Runole

Hall of Famer
#21 : April 18, 2013, 08:02:53 PM

I just would like to see these commentators have the character to admit they were wrong.    Why is that so hard?

How's the ACC lookin' in football next year? Gonna make an ass out of yourself again by arguing that they are as good or better than the SEC?
How about telling us again how Alabama shouldn't have let go of Mike Shula? How about reminding us of how irresponsible Bama was for giving Saban such a big contract? Maybe you want to tell us again about how Saban won't be able to recruit, because he's such a slimy liar that no parent would let their kid go play for Saban?

???  So how long have you been off your medications?   Seriously,  you must have me confused with someone else. Never made those outrageous comments.

For clarification

1. I don't believe every team in the sec is like playing an  NFL team every week.

2.  Never made any comment about Shula that you infer or about Saban.  As to  contracts I don't think any university should pay the kind of money they currently do for coaches. 

3. Yes, I do believe Saban is a lying unethical scum bag.  As a parent I certainly wouldn't want my son to play for him, but I understand those that don't think ethics and honesty are important certainly would like their kid to play for Saban especially with that big wad of cash guaranteed to the family.'s back pocket.

Such vitriol?   pretty funny   posting such stuff now...

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#22 : April 19, 2013, 12:08:39 PM

???  So how long have you been off your medications?   Seriously,  you must have me confused with someone else. Never made those outrageous comments.

For clarification

1. I don't believe every team in the sec is like playing an  NFL team every week.

2.  Never made any comment about Shula that you infer or about Saban.  As to  contracts I don't think any university should pay the kind of money they currently do for coaches. 

3. Yes, I do believe Saban is a lying unethical scum bag.  As a parent I certainly wouldn't want my son to play for him, but I understand those that don't think ethics and honesty are important certainly would like their kid to play for Saban especially with that big wad of cash guaranteed to the family.'s back pocket.

I see senility is finally taking over.

You should avoid message boards if you can't remember things that you have posted in the past.

You're losing it , old man.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM

Runole

Hall of Famer
#23 : April 19, 2013, 07:20:37 PM

For clarification

You should avoid message boards if you can't remember things that you have posted in the past.

If you can produce those quotes I will stand corrected the only one losing it is you buddy.     I am sure there still here... You are on the clock!!  :P

Since you have been avoiding message boards for quite sometime where were you institutionalized?  Or did you go bankrupt and are finally able to afford a computer?

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#24 : April 22, 2013, 01:24:20 PM

For clarification

If you can produce those quotes I will stand corrected the only one losing it is you buddy.     I am sure there still here
If you are so sure there (genius!) still here, then there is no need for me to bother looking for them
Since you have been avoiding message boards for quite sometime where were you institutionalized?
Who said I have been avoiding message boards? Does this one terrible message board that I haven't bothered with in a while now encompass ALL message boards?

Runole

Hall of Famer
#25 : April 24, 2013, 10:50:18 AM

So you have no link to back up your lies.   Thought so!   ;D

So predictable...

This original topic has drifted way past what was intended with your typical childish attack the poster mentality which has nothing to do with the topic.

Aren't  you an ALABAMA HOMER?   I forget... lol

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#26 : July 01, 2013, 11:47:28 AM

Kudos to Miyagi for the drive-by pwning on the senile old coot.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#27 : July 01, 2013, 02:47:45 PM

I stand corrected there actually are posters that are more ignorant and stupid than sports commentators.   Do you still have your autographed  Hernandez T-shirt? :D

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#28 : July 12, 2013, 08:42:20 AM

I stand corrected there actually are posters that are more ignorant and stupid than sports commentators. 
There most certainly are.

Tell us again about how the SEC isn't really the best conference in the game, and those who believe otherwise are blinded by SEC homerism. You look so smart when you do that.

Runole

Hall of Famer
#29 : July 12, 2013, 11:21:41 AM

I stand corrected there actually are posters that are more ignorant and stupid than sports commentators. 
There most certainly are.

Tell us again about how the SEC isn't really the best conference in the game, and those who believe otherwise are blinded by SEC homerism. You look so smart when you do that.

You will get NO disagreement from me about the SEC having more good teams than any other conference.    Kind of blows you assertion....  Thanks for playing..DUMBO!

My disagreement lies in stating that every team in the SEC is NOT  like playing an NFL team every week.  The conference has its share of weaklings.

When was the last time Kentucky beat Florida?  How about Tennessee?   Vandy?  etc..  Until Bama's successful run Florida has dominated the SEC since the beginning of  90's.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Proof that Sports commentators are among the most ignorant and stupid « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools