Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: All joking aside, do you think Alabama could beat the Bucs of December 2011? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#15 : January 10, 2012, 05:26:01 PM

every player on the Bucs were on college all star teams more than likely.  no college team could be a NFL team.  stupid thread.

Wonder how many Alabama players will be drafted and see any NFL playing time in the future. Will Alabama QB start in the NFL?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 10, 2012, 05:29:19 PM

every player on the Bucs were on college all star teams more than likely.  no college team could be a NFL team.  stupid thread.

Wonder how many Alabama players will be drafted and see any NFL playing time in the future. Will Alabama QB start in the NFL?
lets say there is a dozen.  well there are 53 on the Bucs.

traew01

Pro Bowler

#17 : January 10, 2012, 05:30:02 PM

First of all, you're stupid. There, that felt better.

Second, where are these mysterious College All-Star teams that every player on the Bucs were "more than likely" on.... I mean, you make that brain-dead statement and then have the nerve to call my thread stupid? Really???

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 10, 2012, 05:30:35 PM

No, but a college all-star team would destroy us.

No, but if you hate Morris and Dominik enough, you'll believe that!
College all-stars would be

QB - Luck
RB - Richardson and Ball
FB - don't care but they're better than Lorig
WR - Blackmon, Woods, Jeffery, Wright
TE - Fleener, Clemson Kid
LT - Kaili
LG - Zeitler
C - Konz
RG - DeCastro
RT - Reiff

LE - Jerel Worthy
RE - Melvin Ingram
DT - Josh Chapman
OLB - Courtney Upshaw
MLB - Donta Hightower
MLB - Vontaze Burfict
OLB - Jarvis Jones
CB - Dre Kirkpatrick
CB - Mo Claiborne
CB - Janoris Jenkins
FS - Bacarri Rambo
SS - Mark Barron

We'd get smoked.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 10, 2012, 05:33:35 PM

McCarron will. No 6'4 kids with his arm and a national title go undrafted. He's only a sophomore.

Oh, and regarding college all-star teams, Freeman never made anything. Honorable mention a couple times. Never All-Freshman, never All-Big12, never All-American.

traew01

Pro Bowler

#20 : January 10, 2012, 05:42:40 PM

I think the top tier talent on Alabama stacks up well against the Bucs.

But what I saw yesterday was an incredibly well coached, hyper aggressive, disciplined, and smashmouth team in Bama that I think could easily contend with the Bucs team of December 2010 which was basically going through the motions to finish up the season. I saw very little effort, emotion or toughness last month.

So, it is my honest opinion that Alabama could easily beat the Bucs.

The Shadow

Starter

#21 : January 10, 2012, 05:45:07 PM

To answer the original question, no. But it would be closer than some think.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 10, 2012, 05:45:25 PM

It is my honest opinion that you don't know what you're talking about.

traew01

Pro Bowler

#23 : January 10, 2012, 05:49:20 PM

And the feeling is incredibly mutual.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#24 : January 10, 2012, 05:52:40 PM

Second, where are these mysterious College All-Star teams that every player on the Bucs were "more than likely" on.... I mean, you make that brain-dead statement and then have the nerve to call my thread stupid? Really???
1st round QB, 1000 yd RB, 2nd round WR, a WR with 2nd rd talent, 1st rd and pro bowl OG, 1st RD C, 2nd RD RT, pro bowl LT, 1st rd TE.  Both DE were 1st rd talents, both DTs were 1st rd talents, 2 3rd round LBs, 1st rd CB, potential HOF CB....you have no idea if any of these Alabama prospects will amount to anything in the NFL.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 10, 2012, 05:52:57 PM

I know one thing for sure. I'd take Bama's LB corps over our anyday.

Upshaw/Hightower/Nico Johnson > Hayes/Foster/Black

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 10, 2012, 05:53:03 PM

Dude, who do we have that's worth anything? Our receivers vs their DBs would be fun. Bama's linebackers are basically all first round picks. Ours are undrafted and probably don't play anywhere else aside from Foster.

traew01

Pro Bowler

#27 : January 10, 2012, 05:58:45 PM

1st round QB, 1000 yd RB, 2nd round WR, a WR with 2nd rd talent, 1st rd and pro bowl OG, 1st RD C, 2nd RD RT, pro bowl LT, 1st rd TE.  Both DE were 1st rd talents, both DTs were 1st rd talents, 2 3rd round LBs, 1st rd CB, potential HOF CB....you have no idea if any of these Alabama prospects will amount to anything in the NFL.

First, do not try to twist around what you said. You said that every player on the Bucs was "more than likely" on a college All Star team. Which is an absurd statement.

And second, as we all know by now, it does not really matter what round a player was drafted when it is MARK DOMINIK doing the drafting.

You can throw all the rounds of the draft you want at me - I am talking about a TEAM sport. Playing and winning like a team. Using your logic - with all those 1st and 2nd round picks we should be winning the freakin SUPER BOWL - but guess what, we instead are getting trounced week in and week out. So apparently the rounds these guys were taken, at least right now, do not amount to a hill of beans.

I stand by my opinion - that Bama team could easily beat the Bucs team I saw take the field last month. NO QUESTION.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 10, 2012, 06:00:57 PM

Dude, who do we have that's worth anything? Our receivers vs their DBs would be fun. Bama's linebackers are basically all first round picks. Ours are undrafted and probably don't play anywhere else aside from Foster.

NFL players are by far better than college players - more experienced. Their OL couldn't handle our DL.   Doubt if the college team would get more than a few first downs. It wouldn't be close and would be a very ugly game.

RogerGoodellSucks

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 10, 2012, 06:01:27 PM

No, but a college all-star team would destroy us.

The sad thing is that this kid is actually serious. I honestly can't believe anyone would be dumb enough to believe this.

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: All joking aside, do you think Alabama could beat the Bucs of December 2011? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools