Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ira: coaching search "could stretch out a couple of weeks" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

YReceiver14

Starter

« : January 11, 2012, 06:22:59 PM »

Ira Kaufman, via Sports Babe and JBF:

“My information — which is fairly fresh — is I wouldn’t be talking up Marty Schottenheimer so much, nor Wade Phillips.

“I don’t think they have their guy yet. You are not going to like this one, but [the search] could stretch out a couple of weeks. I think there are other candidates as yet unnamed. They may be with some teams in the playoffs, but I’m not sure about that. Things are still in flux.

“I don’t think this Bucs thing is nearly wrapped up.

“The Bucs are really not interested in Jeff Fisher. They have never interviewed him. He is not coming to Tampa.

“For anyone that thinks thie Bucs will wrap this up Monday with a nice tidy press conference, I don’t think that is happening. i think they might be in the early stages.”

Team Glazer  ”is locked in with Mark Dominik. He is a survivor; he stayed. Let’s not be naive, ultimately the Glazers will make the decision [of who the new coach will be] but Dominnik is in every interview and he has input. The fact [Mike Sherman and Dominik] share the same agent, that’s not going to carry the day with the Glazers.

“The guy they ultimately hire will have to be an old school disciplinarian. I wish they would open it up to first-time coaches."

“Before you can be labeled elite, you’ve got to get a lot closer to having rings.”  --Josh Freeman, May 2012

BucsFan4090

Hall of Famer
« #1 : January 11, 2012, 06:26:45 PM »

Once again, just assumptions and no definitive information. Marty is everything they have been linked to wanting.

Tampa Bay sports reporting at its finest.

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler

« #2 : January 11, 2012, 06:28:56 PM »

Lets drag this thing out so all the good coordinators and position coaches will be picked over by the other new staffs.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

Kjun85

Pro Bowler

« #3 : January 11, 2012, 06:32:23 PM »

Thats the plan make sure noone avaible has high marks, so the glaciers can be cheap as usual.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #4 : January 11, 2012, 06:35:25 PM »

here's the podcast

http://www.pewterreport.com/Boards/index.php/topic,1289938.0.html

Bucman

Hall of Famer
« #5 : January 11, 2012, 06:36:56 PM »

This is a matter of opinio. No one really knows what's going on.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

« #6 : January 11, 2012, 06:38:31 PM »

Seems like as disinterested as the Glaziers seem to be, they still do a better job than anyone with keep wraps on their head coaching search. No one knows what's going on, what their plans are, or what they're going to do.

traew01

Pro Bowler

« #7 : January 11, 2012, 06:53:32 PM »

Ira Kaufman, via Sports Babe and JBF:

“My information — which is fairly fresh — is I wouldn’t be talking up Marty Schottenheimer so much, nor Wade Phillips.

“I don’t think they have their guy yet. You are not going to like this one, but [the search] could stretch out a couple of weeks. I think there are other candidates as yet unnamed. They may be with some teams in the playoffs, but I’m not sure about that. Things are still in flux.

“I don’t think this Bucs thing is nearly wrapped up.

“The Bucs are really not interested in Jeff Fisher. They have never interviewed him. He is not coming to Tampa.

“For anyone that thinks thie Bucs will wrap this up Monday with a nice tidy press conference, I don’t think that is happening. i think they might be in the early stages.”

Team Glazer  ”is locked in with Mark Dominik. He is a survivor; he stayed. Let’s not be naive, ultimately the Glazers will make the decision [of who the new coach will be] but Dominnik is in every interview and he has input. The fact [Mike Sherman and Dominik] share the same agent, that’s not going to carry the day with the Glazers.

“The guy they ultimately hire will have to be an old school disciplinarian. I wish they would open it up to first-time coaches."

I am so tired of this media BS.

Let's all carefully think about this for a second and ask a few questions:

1. Who would Ira's "fresh" information be coming from? - Who would be a likely inside informant? Well, we know its not a coach since the entire staff was fired. I highly doubt it is anyone in the PR Department because they are not paid to leak info like this - they would not want to say anything that would jeopardize a negotiation. The only people likely in on the interviews are the Glazer boys and Mark Dominik. I suppose Ira might have a source close to one of those people - but I just find it very unlikely that anyone would know enough to be able to say who has the inside track, and who does not.

2. The only info probably coming out is that its going to be a thorough process. Well, that is what the Glazer boy said at the beginning. They are going to cover all of their bases. And really, why not??? Its not like they are competing for coaches. The coaches they have lined up so far are not getting a ton of interest outside this organization.

The only definitive thing I heard came from Marty Schottenheimer's mouth - who said it was a great meeting - and they were likely going to meet again in the very near future. That sounds pretty promising to me.

Otherwise - as far as I am concerned Ira Kaufman knows as much as UFO Joe..... which is nothing.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

« #8 : January 11, 2012, 07:13:36 PM »

Rick Dennison please

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer
« #9 : January 11, 2012, 07:22:50 PM »

Don't go picking on UFOJoe just because you are cranky about HC search.  Just so you know.....Joe knows......so there!

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

« #10 : January 11, 2012, 07:23:36 PM »

I think they are in secret talks with Bill Cowher.

traew01

Pro Bowler

« #11 : January 11, 2012, 07:36:01 PM »

Don't go picking on UFOJoe just because you are cranky about HC search.  Just so you know.....Joe knows......so there!

I only pick on the people I most love on this board. Joe and I are tight.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

« #12 : January 11, 2012, 08:09:52 PM »

Lets drag this thing out so all the good coordinators and position coaches will be picked over by the other new staffs.

THIS - +100000000

I hate the Glazers right now and think they may be the worst owners in all of football.

Weeks?  I wish they would sell.  They suck and it has to be nearly impossoible to run two major sporst franchise on two separate continents.  Anyone who thinks these guys are good owners is a moron.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
« #13 : January 11, 2012, 08:39:28 PM »

whats the big deal?  The season doesn't start until Sept.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

« #14 : January 11, 2012, 08:40:59 PM »

s&b: Seriously?.  That's one of the reasons we ended up with such a crappy staff last time.  You wait you get the leftovers.  Seriously?   You must be Joel in disguise.
  Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ira: coaching search "could stretch out a couple of weeks" « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools