Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ira: coaching search "could stretch out a couple of weeks" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#15 : January 11, 2012, 09:11:08 PM

Lets drag this thing out so all the good coordinators and position coaches will be picked over by the other new staffs.

I said that same thing a week ago. The longer the search goes on, the worse the outcome is going to be for us fans.

Unless they pick up Marty last-minute, or go after a top contender in playoffs, the wait is only going on so that the pricey HC candidates are gone before they have to pay up anything beyond nominal.

All the while, the Glazers put on a good show and make themselves look like they tried. Again, it's a common theme amongst the Glazer conmen.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 11, 2012, 09:17:41 PM

Lets drag this thing out so all the good coordinators and position coaches will be picked over by the other new staffs.

I said that same thing a week ago. The longer the search goes on, the worse the outcome is going to be for us fans.

Unless they pick up Marty last-minute, or go after a top contender in playoffs, the wait is only going on so that the pricey HC candidates are gone before they have to pay up anything beyond nominal.

All the while, the Glazers put on a good show and make themselves look like they tried. Again, it's a common theme amongst the Glazer conmen.

What a load of crap. Sometimes I get sick of some of the garbage that gets posted on this forum. Now I remember why I took a break from this place.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#17 : January 11, 2012, 09:21:38 PM

Agree 100% DTG. I really think all parties involved know how big this hire is and they want it done right.

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 11, 2012, 09:29:19 PM

dtg: I guess I would love to hear your alternate reality then.  And I am serious when I say this.  I'm not saying rush and hire the first person that walks in the door but no one can argue that the longer you wait the less choices you have.  That's just freaking logic.  As staffs get filled your potential pool of candidates is reduced.  That's simple math for simple jack.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 11, 2012, 09:29:53 PM

Agree 100% DTG. I really think all parties involved know how big this hire is and they want it done right.

It isn't just that. It's this whole idea that they're stretching it out to go as cheap as possible. Anyone with HALF A BRAIN would realize that if the Glazers wanted to go "as cheap as possible" they would have RETAINED MORRIS. He was a low-paid head coach in this league. His staff was a low-paid staff. Keeping him (and them) WAS THE CHEAPEST ROUTE. Firing Morris and his staff will cost the Glazers MORE money, NOT LESS.

No matter who they hire, the new coach and his staff along with any payouts due to contract status will almost undoubtedly cost the Glazers MUCH more than it would to have simply retained the status quo and come out with a "vote of confidence" presser talking about how they're sticking with their guy, how they understand the challenges that led the team to underperform, how the lockout hurt the team, etc.

GMACsBlankey

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 11, 2012, 09:33:24 PM

s&b: Seriously?.  That's one of the reasons we ended up with such a crappy staff last time.  You wait you get the leftovers.  Seriously?   You must be Joel in disguise.
We hired Raheem like the day after firing Gruden LOL. As opposed to when we got Gruden, we actually took our time.

nhbucsfan

Second String

#21 : January 11, 2012, 09:40:58 PM

I belive some have forgotten (or are too young to remember) the last "real" time there was a coaching search here.

Raheem was fired around 11am, no reason why we could not have had a replacement by the time Jeopardy came on that night!

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 11, 2012, 09:43:30 PM

s&b: Seriously?.  That's one of the reasons we ended up with such a crappy staff last time.  You wait you get the leftovers.  Seriously?   You must be Joel in disguise.
We hired Raheem like the day after firing Gruden LOL. As opposed to when we got Gruden, we actually took our time.

Gruden was fired late in the game if I'm not mistaken....I almost want to say that all of the jobs were filled.....

The Anomaly

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 11, 2012, 09:44:50 PM

It isn't just that. It's this whole idea that they're stretching it out to go as cheap as possible. Anyone with HALF A BRAIN would realize that if the Glazers wanted to go "as cheap as possible" they would have RETAINED MORRIS. He was a low-paid head coach in this league. His staff was a low-paid staff. Keeping him (and them) WAS THE CHEAPEST ROUTE. Firing Morris and his staff will cost the Glazers MORE money, NOT LESS.

No matter who they hire, the new coach and his staff along with any payouts due to contract status will almost undoubtedly cost the Glazers MUCH more than it would to have simply retained the status quo and come out with a "vote of confidence" presser talking about how they're sticking with their guy, how they understand the challenges that led the team to underperform, how the lockout hurt the team, etc.

Ok.....i thought you meant something else....my bad

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#24 : January 11, 2012, 09:45:07 PM

No your right. They fired Gruden a week or two after the season was over. Then hired Raheem shortly after.

Ft Myers Buc Fan

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 11, 2012, 09:47:06 PM

I think it was more about the fact that Morris doesnt have a lot of contacts in the coaching community that he had slim pickings for this staff then the fact that he was hired a few weeks after the season ended.  I am sure that was part of it but certainly not all of it

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#26 : January 11, 2012, 09:49:41 PM

I think it was more about the fact that Morris doesnt have a lot of contacts in the coaching community that he had slim pickings for this staff then the fact that he was hired a few weeks after the season ended.  I am sure that was part of it but certainly not all of it

Any experienced head coach, with years in this business, has a deep rolodex. There are literally dozens of quality coaches that could fill out a really solid staff here.

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#27 : January 12, 2012, 06:31:29 AM

Really? Who do want that can't wait? The best coaches are in the playoffs. No other teams are going after the retreads we are. I don't want a retread.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#28 : January 12, 2012, 07:18:20 AM

One big problem our team had was the poor coordinators (Olson, Morris). Aren't you concerned at all about good coordinators being picked up while the Bucs dwell over who their 2012 head coach will be?  I am. The Glazers and Dominik had to have been thinking about who the best replacement would be starting back in November - December, when the team looked pathetic. The writing was on the wall.  It's not like this decision just dropped in their lap unexpectedly.

nic247buc

Starter

#29 : January 12, 2012, 08:56:57 AM

One big problem our team had was the poor coordinators (Olson, Morris). Aren't you concerned at all about good coordinators being picked up while the Bucs dwell over who their 2012 head coach will be?  I am. The Glazers and Dominik had to have been thinking about who the best replacement would be starting back in November - December, when the team looked pathetic. The writing was on the wall.  It's not like this decision just dropped in their lap unexpectedly.
I think your right  .... I also think interviewing retreads is to get info  on oc, dc,etc... I think have also done private interviews...and keep us busy chattin and guessing with the ones we here about.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ira: coaching search "could stretch out a couple of weeks" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools