Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ira: coaching search "could stretch out a couple of weeks" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

alldaway

Hall of Famer
#30 : January 12, 2012, 09:24:53 AM

Here are the offensive coordinators and defensive coordinators still in the playoffs:

DC Vic Fangio
OC Greg Roman
OC Pete Carmichael Jr.
DC Greg Williams
OC Mike McCoy
DC Dennis Allen
OC Bill O'Brien
OC Cam Cameron
DC Chuck Pagano
OC Rick Dennison
DC Wade Philliips
OC Kevin Gilbride
DC Perry Fewell
OC Joe Philbin
DC Dom Capers

My instincts tell me that by Friday, the Glazes will make a choice because delaying any more is a gamble. Looking at this list there are only a handful of coaches worth waiting for. 

magicbuc

Second String
#31 : January 12, 2012, 09:38:22 AM

Take your time make the right choice.  I'd feel better about our chances if they did not miss so badly on Raheem.  I am hoping for experienced head coach, experienced OC, and experienced DC.  Hopefully all ex. head coaches as they seem to do alright as coordinators.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 12, 2012, 09:42:39 AM

You also have to think there is more than likely one or two guys that have been interviewed already that hasn't been reported/known.  The only guys I see on that list that they might be looking at is Greg Williams and Perry Fewell.  Although they were able to get an interview with Wade Phillips...if they wanted to interview those other guys they could have....right??

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#33 : January 12, 2012, 09:51:34 AM

You also have to think there is more than likely one or two guys that have been interviewed already that hasn't been reported/known.  The only guys I see on that list that they might be looking at is Greg Williams and Perry Fewell.  Although they were able to get an interview with Wade Phillips...if they wanted to interview those other guys they could have....right??
wrong. they couldn't have done it without permission and thus without it leaking out.

JC5100

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 12, 2012, 09:57:40 AM

The only guys I see on that list that they might be looking at is Greg Williams and Perry Fewell. 

Dennison is the perfect candidate. Not too young, not too old. Resume off the charts. Doesn't have the stink of failing as a HC on him.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 12, 2012, 10:13:23 AM

I dont think they have their guy yet. You are not going to like this one, but [the search] could stretch out a couple of weeks. I think there are other candidates as yet unnamed. They may be with some teams in the playoffs, but Im not sure about that. Things are still in flux.

I hope this is because they're waiting for the Saints to get knocked out of the playoffs so they can go after Carmichael!!!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Ira: coaching search "could stretch out a couple of weeks" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools