Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Billick..........."I was too old and too expensive for the Jags" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

michael89156

Hall of Famer

« : January 12, 2012, 12:36:15 PM »

09:15AM EST - AFC Report
National Football Post
January 12, 2012, 09:15 AM EST

Khan says he talked to 'big name' coaches

Shahid Khan said he talked to several "big name" coaches about the Jacksonville Jaguars vacancy, though he declined to reveal any names, says the Florida Times-Union.

The Jaguars on Wednesday hired former Buffalo Bills head coach and Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey to be their new head coach.

Most of those "big-name" coaches didn't have the Jaguars on their radar, as Brian Billick publicly said that he was too old and too expensive for what the team was probably looking for.

There was some thought that the Jaguars might try to make a run at their former nemesis Jeff Fisher, but they were never in that running as he decides between the Rams and Dolphins for his next landing spot.

That leaves Jon Gruden and Bill Cowher, both of whom seem comfortable in their respective broadcast roles.

“We talked to a lot of people,” Khan said. “Confidentiality is paramount. Some of the people who talked to us, they knew we would respect that and the word would never get out. I’ll let you imagine who they might be, but chances are we spoke to them. A lot of them I met one-on-one at their place or some other place where it [confidentiality] would not be breached.”
« : January 12, 2012, 01:03:19 PM michael89156 »

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
« #1 : January 12, 2012, 12:39:00 PM »

Falcons looking at Billick as an OC, craziness.

champkind

Hall of Famer

« #2 : January 12, 2012, 12:40:16 PM »

Billick said that right after JDR was fired a couple months ago...

SanDiegoBucs27

Second String

« #3 : January 12, 2012, 12:53:49 PM »

Falcons looking at Billick as an OC, craziness.

yup.. don't see it happening, but it would be very bad news for Bucs if he ends up in Atlanta

Brian Billick SDSU pride!

Mean D

Pro Bowler

« #4 : January 12, 2012, 02:05:59 PM »

Apparently no one is too old for the Glazers.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #5 : January 12, 2012, 07:08:37 PM »

"I was too expensive" is certainly a spin that reflects much better on Billick than had he said "I called them and they chuckled and said 'no thanks'".

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
« #6 : January 12, 2012, 07:11:14 PM »

"I was too expensive" is certainly a spin that reflects much better on Billick than had he said "I called them and they chuckled and said 'no thanks'".

However, the Bucs wouldn't "chuckle" and say "no thanks" to Sherman?? I must live in the twilight zone... :o

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #7 : January 12, 2012, 07:12:06 PM »

However, the Bucs wouldn't "chuckle" and say "no thanks" to Sherman?? I must live in the twilight zone... :o

No, they sought out Sherman.

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #8 : January 12, 2012, 07:12:26 PM »

Kind of odd that he'd speak on the Jags but when asked had he talked to the Bucs, i believe his quote was "I don't think it would be fair to answer that question"

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
« #9 : January 12, 2012, 07:13:48 PM »

Kind of odd that he'd speak on the Jags but when asked had he talked to the Bucs, i believe his quote was "I don't think it would be fair to answer that question"

hmmmm...Interesting

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

« #10 : January 12, 2012, 07:14:14 PM »

The Bucs may have contacted him, I don't know. I do know that the guy has a league-wide bias against him, and that has to be based on some kind of perception.

1Va bucsfan

Hall of Famer
« #11 : January 12, 2012, 07:14:54 PM »

What are you implying Skip?

\\\"The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot, the guy who invented the other three, he was a genius

Hate

Hall of Famer
« #12 : January 12, 2012, 07:37:07 PM »

What are you implying Skip?

Not implying anything.... just don't get why this guy isn't getting more love.

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

traew01

Pro Bowler

« #13 : January 12, 2012, 07:47:05 PM »

Billick's attitude rubs me the wrong way. The guy seems to think he is God's gift to coaching...and he knows he has TV as a fall-back.

I contrast this to Marty Schottenheimer. I am sure this guy made plenty of cash in coaching and could retire anytime he wanted in comfort. But he still has the fire to coach and win. I saw the one video earlier where Marty actually choked up when talking about returning to coaching.

Thats the sort of passion I would like to see.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

« #14 : January 12, 2012, 07:49:21 PM »

No, they sought out Sherman.

I don't suppose the fact that Dominik and Sherman have the same agent had anything to do with it?

Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Billick..........."I was too old and too expensive for the Jags" « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools