Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Billick..........."I was too old and too expensive for the Jags" « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 12, 2012, 09:28:05 PM

I dont think Billick's ego is a proper enough excuse for why he isn't being given interviews.

You say "excuse," I say "reason". Either way, he ain't getting interviews.

SanDiegoBucs27

Second String

#31 : January 12, 2012, 09:30:38 PM

I dont think Billick's ego is a proper enough excuse for why he isn't being given interviews.

You say "excuse," I say "reason". Either way, he ain't getting interviews.

It's an excuse. He could be having off the record interviews with the Glazes since his 620 WDAE comments were vague...who knows

Brian Billick SDSU pride!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 12, 2012, 09:31:07 PM

Kind of odd that he'd speak on the Jags but when asked had he talked to the Bucs, i believe his quote was "I don't think it would be fair to answer that question"

Ok, I've not read or heard everything, but according to TBO.com, Billick told Dan Sileo directly that he had NOT been contacted by the Bucs. That sounds pretty straightforward to me. Did I miss the "I don't think it would be fair" quote somewhere?

SanDiegoBucs27

Second String

#33 : January 12, 2012, 09:32:14 PM

Kind of odd that he'd speak on the Jags but when asked had he talked to the Bucs, i believe his quote was "I don't think it would be fair to answer that question"

Ok, I've not read or heard everything, but according to TBO.com, Billick told Dan Sileo directly that he had NOT been contacted by the Bucs. That sounds pretty straightforward to me. Did I miss the "I don't think it would be fair" quote somewhere?

its from an interview on 620...http://www.joebucsfan.com/?p=60310
: January 12, 2012, 09:34:20 PM SanDiegoBucs27

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 12, 2012, 09:37:14 PM

I don't remember him saying he had not been contacted by the Bucs. If I remember correctly Billick said, I don't think that would be fair to me or to any organization.
: January 12, 2012, 09:39:43 PM Bucweiser

Hate

Hall of Famer
#35 : January 12, 2012, 09:39:40 PM

Did I miss the "I don't think it would be fair" quote somewhere?

yup

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 12, 2012, 09:40:45 PM

Ok, so this report:

http://www2.tbo.com/sports/bucs/2012/jan/07/spnewso5-coaching-search-not-attracting-big-names-ar-344690/

is blatantly false? He never said he'd not been contacted by the Bucs?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 12, 2012, 09:55:07 PM

Thanks for the link, I appreciate the chance to hear his response for myself. Also, he really comes across as an arrogant SOB in that interview, doesn't he? That doesn't bother me much, but he sure does.

D-Swell

Practice Squad
#38 : January 12, 2012, 09:56:37 PM

I think Billick has every right to call out cheap owners who aren't committed to winning. The Titans/ Jags hired the wrong coaches (an oline coach/ failed Bills HC).... Billick is hated in the league for being honest which sucks since he's the kind of coach to win a championship on multiple teams.

Say what you want about the Jags, but Munchak was a solid hire.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 12, 2012, 10:04:36 PM

If you think all you have to do is be good at your X's and O's and you'll get ahead without people skills you're either a teenager or washing dishes.  Soft skills are huge. 

Does the name Buddy Ryan ring a bell? Hell, even Mike Tyson has better "soft skills", as you put it, than Buddy.

SanDiegoBucs27

Second String

#40 : January 12, 2012, 10:17:50 PM

Thanks for the link, I appreciate the chance to hear his response for myself. Also, he really comes across as an arrogant SOB in that interview, doesn't he? That doesn't bother me much, but he sure does.

I think you're biased. He didn't sound arrogant at all

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 12, 2012, 10:36:21 PM

Sure he did. But I like I said, I don't mind a little arrogance. Most of the great coaches have/had it. I just don't find the need to defend the guy to a fault like you do.

And no owner wants a potential head coaching candidate to say, like Billick has now been on record TWICE as saying, "the owner is too cheap to pay for me".

buchead

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 12, 2012, 10:59:47 PM

Aha!!! Mike&Mike said the same thing last week. So did Scott Van Pelt. What a d bag this guy must be to have his arrogance stick out in a league full of millionaires and billionaires.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 12, 2012, 11:11:51 PM

Hey cyberdelima Buddy Ryans mouth caused troubles in his career too. He is a little before my time but Mike Golic often refers to him and his mouth on the show. He played for him and says his mouth caused him head coaching opportunities. There is only 32 teams and coaches are often with multiple teams. Its a pretty small fraternity considering how many people would love to work for the NFL. There is only so many bridges you can burn. What you say does carry alot of weight.
Billick has already crossed the dolphins owner, the titans and now the jags. He has burned out in baltimore. With only 32 owners thats not a good move. 4 guys dont have good things to say about him.  So when 32 billionaires get together for league meetings or whatever, and his name is mentioned in small talk at the water cooler he isnt going to get a glowing  review.
: January 12, 2012, 11:18:04 PM buchead

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#44 : January 12, 2012, 11:15:17 PM

Just the title of the thread, if he said it, is very arrogant.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Billick..........."I was too old and too expensive for the Jags" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools