Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Billick..........."I was too old and too expensive for the Jags" « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#75 : January 13, 2012, 01:24:44 AM

I love how people present these arguments.....you know, horribly.

Gruden and Cowher know they are top coaching options and know they wont come cheap. Theyve won a ring and have a "proven" track record. So we will apply this "arrogance"(couldnt possibly be confidence) to one and not the others.

Same thing goes for age on these boards. One guy is too old but the guy a whole 4 years younger isnt?

Really, it goes for any possible determining factor. Then you throw in tons of people tossing out tons of misinformation whether on purpose or due to poor or selective memory and its one big mess. Ive actually given up on even correcting people on a lot of these coaches history because there is no need. Theres no consistent logic applied by a lot of people right now.

Hopefully its mostly just due to the search taking some time and everybody just talking to talk. since there is no real Bucs news.

That last sentence pretty much sums it up.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

buchead

Hall of Famer

#76 : January 13, 2012, 06:37:41 AM

Compare him to Gruden and Cowher all you want but the fact is they are not coaching because they dont want to.
 There is so much talk about Billick because he has a ring and nobody wants him.
 Imagine Cowher or Grudens name coming up for a coordinator job. Wont happen.
 Cowher and Gruden pretty much release statements saying they are not coaching every year. Billick doesnt have to do this because nobody is ringing his line. Well.... The falcons for o coordinator.
 We all know his record. He has a ring. We all get that. Thats the point. He has a ring and has never said he doesnt want to coach. Just that he is expensive. Well so is Fisher(ringless). But he was sought out this last month more than Billick has been the last 4 years. Why??? The only reason I've heard (Mike&Mike-Scott Van Pelt) is his attitude.
: January 13, 2012, 06:40:45 AM buchead

Hate

Hall of Famer
#77 : January 13, 2012, 07:19:29 AM

Billick was collecting $5mil a yr from the Ravens and prior to this yr, i've never heard him say he was interested in returning to the sidelines.

-------------------------------------------------------

buchead

Hall of Famer

#78 : January 13, 2012, 07:55:22 AM

Wow he had 4 years left on that deal when he got fired?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#79 : January 13, 2012, 08:51:53 AM

No, he had three years left, not four. He would have been paid $5 million per season for 2008, 2009, and 2010.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#80 : January 13, 2012, 09:07:51 AM

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#81 : January 13, 2012, 09:12:30 AM

Billick was picked just 20 picks after Steve Deberg in the 1977 NFL draft.   Billick was a tight end.   What's weird is Billick was picked by the 49ers and Deberg by the Cowboys.   But they were both cut and the Cowboys picked up Billick and the 49ers picked up Deberg.   

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#82 : January 13, 2012, 01:11:31 PM

Billick was picked just 20 picks after Steve Deberg in the 1977 NFL draft.   Billick was a tight end.   What's weird is Billick was picked by the 49ers and Deberg by the Cowboys.   But they were both cut and the Cowboys picked up Billick and the 49ers picked up Deberg.

And?    The point is?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#83 : January 13, 2012, 03:16:04 PM

And?    The point is?
Billick is a better coach than DeBerg or something.

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#84 : January 13, 2012, 03:23:54 PM

Billick may not even realize what he's doing when he has now, repeatedly, made the same comment. He's slapping both of the new hires in the face. No wonder owners are keeping this guy at arm's length.

/conspiracy hat on

Maybe he knows exactly what he's doing. Maybe he has been contacted by the Bucs and he feels that he is close to being the candidate. He says this and then they really want to hire him because it'd be a broadside shot to the Glazers are cheap story. Free good press and hiring a super bowl winning coach. Assuming they're not actually cheap it would be a big win for them. They're not hands on owners and they already have the cheap tag so I don't see a downside for them. 
/removes conspiracy hat

Axxon

Pro Bowler
#85 : January 13, 2012, 03:31:40 PM

I dont think Billick's ego is a proper enough excuse for why he isn't being given interviews.

You say "excuse," I say "reason". Either way, he ain't getting interviews.

If that is the "reason" then those owners do not care about winning. If their ego is more important than their teams success then so be it. An owner concerned with winning would hire the most egotistical SOB in the world if they thought it would bring them a championship.

If it was the "difficult to work with" tag or "wants full control" issue then that would be a legitimate reason but the guy has an ego? Gimme a break. That's an owner not serious about winning and an owner like that hires cheap and young and hopes for the best.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#86 : January 13, 2012, 05:04:52 PM

Compare him to Gruden and Cowher all you want but the fact is they are not coaching because they dont want to.
 Cowher and Gruden pretty much release statements saying they are not coaching every year. Billick doesnt have to do this because nobody is ringing his line. Well.... The falcons for o coordinator.
 We all know his record. He has a ring. We all get that. Thats the point. He has a ring and has never said he doesnt want to coach. Just that he is expensive. Well so is Fisher(ringless). But he was sought out this last month more than Billick has been the last 4 years. Why??? The only reason I've heard (Mike&Mike-Scott Van Pelt) is his attitude.

link?

oh yeah, your just guessing, assuming, and flat out making stuff up.  This is exactly what I was talking about.

just make stuff up and guess about what you know nothing about. It really helps you make a valid point.

These boards are getting ridiculous. I may go on a hiatus due to general stupidity gushing from these threads. I think it would be much better than assuming a bunch of garbage I know absolutely nothing about and try presenting it as fact.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

buchead

Hall of Famer

#87 : January 13, 2012, 06:29:55 PM

Please dont we will miss you. Not. No one gives a flying sh!t if you take a hiatus nut bag.

gone

Hall of Famer
#88 : January 13, 2012, 07:15:58 PM

link?

oh yeah, your just guessing, assuming, and flat out making stuff up.  This is exactly what I was talking about.

just make stuff up and guess about what you know nothing about. It really helps you make a valid point.

These boards are getting ridiculous. I may go on a hiatus due to general stupidity gushing from these threads. I think it would be much better than assuming a bunch of garbage I know absolutely nothing about and try presenting it as fact.

Judging by your post, you should probably take that break now, before you give yourself a stroke.  This is what the red board is, you should know that by now.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#89 : January 13, 2012, 09:42:52 PM

link?

Judging by your post, you should probably take that break now, before you give yourself a stroke.  This is what the red board is, you should know that by now.

Everyone calm down.....we are all a little stressed over the fact, we don't know who our next fearless leader is going to be, for our beloved Bucs.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Billick..........."I was too old and too expensive for the Jags" « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools