Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: “We are one step closer to ending the blackout rule,” « previous next »
Page: 1 2

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

« #15 : January 12, 2012, 10:10:10 PM »

Why would I want to spend $1000/season for tickets if the game is televised?

I wouldn't. I'd stay home and watch on the HDTV.
[/quote]

The live experience is a vastly different deal. I'd love to fly in and see a few games if my travel schedule allowed it even though I'm outside the blackout zone and can always see the games.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

« #16 : January 12, 2012, 10:11:38 PM »

Why would I want to spend $1000/season for tickets if the game is televised?

I wouldn't. I'd stay home and watch on the HDTV.

The live experience is a vastly different deal. I'd love to fly in and see a few games if my travel schedule allowed it even though I'm outside the blackout zone and can always see the games.
[/quote]

You will always have fans who want to be there.  Televised or not.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

« #17 : January 12, 2012, 10:35:27 PM »

FCC needs to be banned, not the blackout rule.   Government keeps trying to score points with nonsense instead of dealing with the real issues.  Cut the whole damn thing by half, spending, regulations, number of congresscritters, and the country would be a hundred times better off.

Ron Paul fan?

For freedom, and not enforced legislation?

Yes.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

« #18 : January 13, 2012, 10:16:22 AM »

FCC needs to be banned, not the blackout rule.   Government keeps trying to score points with nonsense instead of dealing with the real issues.  Cut the whole damn thing by half, spending, regulations, number of congresscritters, and the country would be a hundred times better off.

Ron Paul fan?

For freedom, and not enforced legislation?

Yes.

+1

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

Bucko40

Hall of Famer

« #19 : January 13, 2012, 10:21:11 AM »

Never gonna happen so don't get your hopes up.

deadzone

Hall of Famer

« #20 : January 13, 2012, 10:23:36 AM »

Kenny Chesney should be permanently blacked out.......Who pays to see that bald paranoid?

ABuccsFan

Pro Bowler

« #21 : January 13, 2012, 10:59:13 AM »

Hopefully they'll work on the Tampa Bay Times Forum events as well.  Kenny Chesney is in concert  here this summer, and I can't afford the $100 ticket. Hopefully they'll televise the event as well.
Yeah, pay per view is bull**CENSORED** too. End Pay Per View, I want to watch UFC

\"For a brief, shining, moment in history, a select breed truly lived free.\".....Unknown Author.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #22 : January 13, 2012, 05:30:48 PM »

Kenny Chesney should be permanently blacked out.......Who pays to see that bald paranoid?

You must feel like a dumb **CENSORED** when I tell you he sells out stadiums wherever he tours.

gone

Hall of Famer
« #23 : January 13, 2012, 05:36:56 PM »

Ron Paul fan?

Not at all.  Just not a fan of unnecessary government.

Madman

Hall of Famer
« #24 : January 13, 2012, 05:48:17 PM »

NFL games are televised regardless, whether they are shown or not locally is the issue (Kenny).

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
« #25 : January 13, 2012, 05:59:21 PM »

Rays games are televised, almost every home game - and their attendance is pathetic. The argument that televising games brings in higher attendance holds no water.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
« #26 : January 13, 2012, 06:07:19 PM »

Ron Paul fan?
Don't need to be to know those folks are on the wrong page - again.

I absolutely agree that the blackout rule is counterproductive. I also don't see any successful overturning of the rule....which has been unsuccessfully challenged a couple of times already....nor why it should be.
Exactly

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
  Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: “We are one step closer to ending the blackout rule,” « previous next »
:  

Hide Tools Show Tools