Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: List of Dominik's failures as Bucs GM (feel free to add!) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

SanDiegoBucs27

Second String

: January 13, 2012, 12:09:01 AM

Here is a small list of Dominik failures as Bucs GM.. I'm not bashing him, but  he should of felt as much heat as Raheem felt during this miserable season.

feel free to add to the list

1. Michael Clayton contract extension  five-year contract worth nearly $26 million
2. Derrick Ward- four-year, $17 million contract with the Buccaneers. He rushed for one touchdown and also had two receiving scores.
3. Gerald Mccoy- injury prone bust imo (still early though so who knows)
4. No official Billick interview (falls on Glazers also)- not a really thorough coach search without at least giving a superbowl winning hc an interview
5. Quincy Black- five-year, $29 million contract- awful
6. Played a major role in getting Raheem fired- not providing NFL caliber players, but survived the axe by contract extension..was dead silent during the long miserable losing streak... he pretty much threw Rah under the bus
7. Albert Haynesworth- almost paid him over 100 million in 09
8. Derrick Brooks- shown the door while Ronde was allowed to stay. He should of went out on his own terms like Ronde imo
9. Darren Sproles- didnt really push to sign him especially with the loss of Cadillac Williams
10. Cadillac- no reason to get rid of a dirt cheap player who enjoyed playing in Tampa and provided leadership
11. not re-signing Ruud- leadership/ a chance for Mason Foster to learn
12. a lot of draft busts/ no FA activity aside from a punter and huge contracts to "in house" players
13. Signing K Mike Nugent and then cutting him 4 weeks into the season. [added by MagicMike]

To be fair-

I realize he has had his moments like grabbing Blount off Titans PS, M Williams (rookie season), d-line (minus funny twigboy mccoy)
: January 13, 2012, 12:47:39 AM SanDiegoBucs27

Brian Billick SDSU pride!

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 13, 2012, 12:13:39 AM

Here is a small list of Dominik failures as Bucs GM.. I'm not bashing him, but  he should of felt as much heat as Raheem felt during this miserable season.

1. Michael Clayton contract extension  five-year contract worth nearly $26 million
2. Derrick Ward- four-year, $17 million contract with the Buccaneers. He rushed for one touchdown and also had two receiving scores.
3. Gerald Mccoy- injury prone bust imo (still early though so who knows)
4. No official Billick interview (falls on Glazers also)- not a really thorough coach search without at least giving a superbowl winning hc an interview
6. Played a major role in getting Raheem fired- not providing NFL caliber players, but survived the axe by contract extension..was dead silent during the long miserable losing streak... he pretty much threw Rah under the bus
8. Derrick Brooks- shown the door while Ronde was allowed to stay. He should of went out on his own terms like Ronde imo
9. Darren Sproles- didnt really push to sign him especially with the loss of Cadillac Williams
10. Cadillac- no reason to get rid of a dirt cheap player who enjoyed playing in Tampa and provided leadership
11. not re-signing Ruud- leadership/ a chance for Mason Foster to learn
12. a lot of draft busts/ no FA activity aside from a punter and huge contracts to "in house" players

To be fair-

I realize he has had his moments like grabbing Blount off Titans PS, M Williams (rookie season), d-line (minus funny twigboy mccoy)

Agree with ^this^.
: January 13, 2012, 12:15:13 AM CBWx2

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 13, 2012, 12:14:39 AM

How he got that extension is beyond me.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 13, 2012, 12:16:25 AM

1.) Billick doesn't get interviewed by anyone. Period. Can't hold that against him.

2.) I see getting Raheem fired as a positive.

3.) Gerald McCoy has suffered freak injuries. A player can only be snake bitten for so long.

MagicMike

Starter

#4 : January 13, 2012, 12:18:10 AM

Signing K Mike Nugent and then cutting him 4 weeks into the season. 

SanDiegoBucs27

Second String

#5 : January 13, 2012, 12:18:31 AM

2.) I see getting Raheem fired as a positive.

so Dom shouldn't get any blame for what happened last season?

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#6 : January 13, 2012, 12:25:25 AM

I laughed really hard at #4

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 13, 2012, 12:27:11 AM

Based on the poster who started this thread, I was surprised it wasn't #1.

SanDiegoBucs27

Second String

#8 : January 13, 2012, 12:28:44 AM

Based on the poster who started this thread, I was surprised it wasn't #1.

lol I thought about it, but the Clayton contract will always be first

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#9 : January 13, 2012, 12:43:53 AM

I think you have to take off not signing Sproles. He was going to New Orleans no matter what. Although Dominick should have at least bid up the price tag. How did he not know Brees wanted Sproles so bad? I guess that just goes to the wussification of the money ball we've been trying to play.

I would say Dominick's biggest failures are

#1. Drafting Roy Miller instead of Mike Wallace

and

#2. (and this plays into your #6)   Not signing any Free Agents in 2011. LOOK HOW MANY BARGAIN IMPACT FREE AGENTS WERE SIGNED!!!!!!!!   Bruce Allen at least used to sign good bargain free agents. How many people here asked for Tulloch? With all of the issues with Talib why would you not go after Carlos Rodgers, or just spend the money for Joseph so we are not even debating spending the #5 overall pick for a great talent, but not necessarily a leader. Because of the crazy CBA 2011, Free Agency had 2 years worth of Free Agents stacked up. For us not to at least go after some of the value guys made no sense, and makes you wonder what is going on at One Buc Place. (Second Draft and 3 Year Plan My Arse)

All of that said. I still love me some Mark Dominick!!! Why? Because I believe in his ability to draft good players. Tell me you haven't been excited with the draft he's come up with over the last 2 years? There is talent here, that is going to pay off if the right moves are made at our current crossroads.

The one message that I'd give to Dominick is BE BOLD!!! Don't be afraid to admit your F'ed up and didn' see the league changing the way it has. Let's score some points!!!!!!
: January 13, 2012, 12:49:13 AM BucsPirate1

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 13, 2012, 01:27:15 AM

3. Gerald Mccoy- injury prone bust imo (still early though so who knows) you proclaim to know and then say no one knows
4. No official Billick interview (falls on Glazers also)- not a really thorough coach search without at least giving a superbowl winning hc an interview once again, know one knws yet you seem to
6. Played a major role in getting Raheem fired- not providing NFL caliber players, but survived the axe by contract extension..was dead silent during the long miserable losing streak... he pretty much threw Rah under the bus  yet another accusation with no evidence what so ever
7. Albert Haynesworth- almost paid him over 100 million in 09 now he gets docked for "almost" making a move, nevermind the fact most everyone wanted him
8. Derrick Brooks- shown the door while Ronde was allowed to stay. He should of went out on his own terms like Ronde imo  so he did DB wrong in your mind, yet no one signed him, love DB but his own terms were going to be well past his prime. its prolly better he didnt go back out on the field and continue to play poorly. Hanging them up when he did leaves him a legend in Tampa
9. Darren Sproles- didnt really push to sign him especially with the loss of Cadillac Williams  not only are we bashing him for "almost" we are now including "what if"
10. Cadillac- no reason to get rid of a dirt cheap player who enjoyed playing in Tampa and provided leadership how many games did Cadi play and what were his numbers? he could have been the #4 back though
11. not re-signing Ruud- leadership/ a chance for Mason Foster to learn  Ruud was never a leader and always got blasted for it. i agree with Foster learning.
12. a lot of draft busts/ no FA activity aside from a punter and huge contracts to "in house" players  Does dom have free reign? another thing we dont know.
13. Signing K Mike Nugent and then cutting him 4 weeks into the season. [added by MagicMike]

To be fair-

Your post is almost entirely all personal opinion with no actual evidence to anything.

Id go as far as to say Ward was a bad signing but the right decision at the time. he was the top FA HB and had a good amount of production. Not many considered it was the NY O-line until after he was behind the Bucs O-line.

You left all the actual factual, evidence backed things like Truebloods contract, drafting P Bowden, T Fulton, DE Moore, and a bunch of others.

I guess sticking to your own conclusions based on nothing factual are a much better route and really makes you look credible.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 13, 2012, 01:27:26 AM

Does almost really count as a fail?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 13, 2012, 01:32:58 AM

Two-thirds of the board were clamoring for Haynesworth at whatever the price. Hindsight, I guess.

BucsBay

Hall of Famer
#13 : January 13, 2012, 01:59:11 AM

Two-thirds of the board were clamoring for Haynesworth at whatever the price. Hindsight, I guess.

Really a lot of the OP's points are semi-weak. Dominick deserves the time he has left. We'll see how the foundation he laid grows and is built upon. I think he is realizing the complexities. (All of us who thought this would be a good season are.)

2012 is really a make or break for MD.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 13, 2012, 02:02:47 AM

Really a lot of the OP's points are semi-weak. Dominick deserves the time he has left. We'll see how the foundation he laid grows and is built upon. I think he is realizing the complexities. (All of us who thought this would be a good season are.)

2012 is really a make or break for MD.

And for Freeman I would say.

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: List of Dominik's failures as Bucs GM (feel free to add!) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools