Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: List of Dominik's failures as Bucs GM (feel free to add!) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

S.A.N.T.A.N.A.

Starter

#15 : January 13, 2012, 02:17:14 AM

Trading a 4th round pick to then draft a turd of a tight end in Luke freakin Stocker...

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#16 : January 13, 2012, 02:45:27 AM

Here is a small list of Dominik failures as Bucs GM.. I'm not bashing him, but  he should of felt as much heat as Raheem felt during this miserable season.

feel free to add to the list

1. Michael Clayton contract extension  five-year contract worth nearly $26 million
2. Derrick Ward- four-year, $17 million contract with the Buccaneers. He rushed for one touchdown and also had two receiving scores.
3. Gerald Mccoy- injury prone bust imo (still early though so who knows)
4. No official Billick interview (falls on Glazers also)- not a really thorough coach search without at least giving a superbowl winning hc an interview
5. Quincy Black- five-year, $29 million contract- awful
6. Played a major role in getting Raheem fired- not providing NFL caliber players, but survived the axe by contract extension..was dead silent during the long miserable losing streak... he pretty much threw Rah under the bus
7. Albert Haynesworth- almost paid him over 100 million in 09
8. Derrick Brooks- shown the door while Ronde was allowed to stay. He should of went out on his own terms like Ronde imo
9. Darren Sproles- didnt really push to sign him especially with the loss of Cadillac Williams
10. Cadillac- no reason to get rid of a dirt cheap player who enjoyed playing in Tampa and provided leadership
11. not re-signing Ruud- leadership/ a chance for Mason Foster to learn
12. a lot of draft busts/ no FA activity aside from a punter and huge contracts to "in house" players
13. Signing K Mike Nugent and then cutting him 4 weeks into the season. [added by MagicMike]

To be fair-

I realize he has had his moments like grabbing Blount off Titans PS, M Williams (rookie season), d-line (minus funny twigboy mccoy)
Let me get this straight he sucks because he doesn't sign any outside FAs but on of your items on the list is overpaying for an outside FA.
Bravo, good job.
Attention seeking/whining threads have far more credibility if you don't contradict points you are trying to make.

Other points...
Sproles was never going to come to Tampa, one of the major reasons he signed with New Orleans was the family conection.
Derrick Brooks was done, finished, washed up, whatever you want to call it, Not one other team wanted him either so that should tell you something, get over it.
Derrick Ward wasn't a bad signing based on the past, if GMs had magic mirrors that showed the future their jobs would be far easier. I also love how signing a 1000 yard rusher (at 5.6 ypc) with 46 receptions based on past production to a $4.25million a year deal is a mistake but you wanted us to outbid the Saints for Sproles who never went over 343 yards in a year, had a career high of 5.4ypc and topped 46 receptions ONE time, I know which looks the better pick up to me, it just didn;t work out, these things happen. The Saints are paying him $14 million over 4 years, to outbid them and make sure we got him they would likely have had to repeat the Ward contract for a guy with a lesser track record.
I want Billick too but we don't know the reasonings why he hasn't had an interview. Considering that he hasn't had any interest from teams despite the huge turnover in coaches the past few years says volumes.
Raheem got Raheem fired by not being able to do the job, too many of the issues with the Bucs were not talent related and could be traced directly to poor coaching.
A lot of draft busts? McCoy isn;t really at bust level yet, Freeman has shownwith the right coaching he could be solid, who else?

MUSCLE_HAMSTER

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer
#17 : January 13, 2012, 03:17:18 AM

I laughed really hard at #4

Based on the poster who started this thread, I was surprised it wasn't #1.
This place is too funny

bucboi813

Starter

#18 : January 13, 2012, 05:48:25 AM

dom is a scum bucket robbing us of having a real gm.imo lets boycott lol I'm game

Live free or die trying

buchead

Hall of Famer

#19 : January 13, 2012, 07:00:42 AM

Drafting a punter and the spending 20 million on one the next year.

Getting rid of a prooven kicker(Matt Bryant) because of a hamstring injury in preseason.

Giving 2 million to the kicker that replaced Bryant who "won" the preseson battle only to give up on him.

Most of all, being to confident in practice squad guys just because Donald Penn panned out. Thats a huge reason he didnt spend money last offseason. His "2nd draft".
 Blame the lack of spending on the Glazers all you want but remember, they allowed him to offer Haynesworth 100 million and pay a kicker 20 million. He could have signed some guys last year if he wanted to.
: January 13, 2012, 07:03:35 AM buchead

m_j

Starter

#20 : January 13, 2012, 07:09:38 AM

Giving 2 million to the kicker that replaced Bryant who "won" the preseson battle only to give up on him.

I can live with such a mistake, I'd rather have Connor than Nugent anyway, but unfortunately that was the only mistake that did not cost us anything but money (Glazers have too much of it anyway  ::) )

buchead

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 13, 2012, 08:04:42 AM

Dont get me wrong. It was the right move to dump nugent. I just dont think Matt Bryant deserved to be cut. Good thing Conor Barth panned out because it would suck going up against the falcons even more had he not.
 I really think the new regime was trying to proove a point with Bryant. Everybody needs to earn a spot. If it was one guy who didnt need to earn anything it was Bryant at that time. Making field goals the week he lost his baby. Winnig a game on a 62 yarder. If anybody needed to earn anything it was these young players they brought in and gave positions to without any real competition.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#22 : January 13, 2012, 08:26:03 AM

Finding Tampa's first real franchise QB

Stealing a 2nd round pick for Gaines Adams

Getting our Franchise QB a top TE in Winslow

Finding an absolute steal in the 4th round in Mike Williams

Stealing LeGarrette Blount from the Titans

Finding enough talent on other team's practice squads to go 10-6 in 2010.

Getting two top 10 talents in the 2011 draft in Clayborn and Bowers.

Stealing a division rivals kicker.

m_j

Starter

#23 : January 13, 2012, 08:26:29 AM

Dont get me wrong. It was the right move to dump nugent. I just dont think Matt Bryant deserved to be cut. Good thing Conor Barth panned out because it would suck going up against the falcons even more had he not.
 I really think the new regime was trying to proove a point with Bryant. Everybody needs to earn a spot. If it was one guy who didnt need to earn anything it was Bryant at that time. Making field goals the week he lost his baby. Winnig a game on a 62 yarder. If anybody needed to earn anything it was these young players they brought in and gave positions to without any real competition.

Noone here does, but that was one of Raheems glory actions.

m_j

Starter

#24 : January 13, 2012, 08:27:48 AM

Finding Tampa's first real franchise QB

Stealing a 2nd round pick for Gaines Adams

Getting our Franchise QB a top TE in Winslow

Finding an absolute steal in the 4th round in Mike Williams

Stealing LeGarrette Blount from the Titans

Finding enough talent on other team's practice squads to go 10-6 in 2010.

Getting two top 10 talents in the 2011 draft in Clayborn and Bowers.

Stealing a division rivals kicker.

I'd say that's why he was able to keep his job

MiltonMack21

User is on moderator watch listWatched
Hall of Famer

#25 : January 13, 2012, 08:30:10 AM

Sproles wasn't signing with the Bucs no matter what. He didn't want to play with Freeman, he wanted to play with Brees.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#26 : January 13, 2012, 08:37:09 AM

Id go as far as to say Ward was a bad signing but the right decision at the time. he was the top FA HB and had a good amount of production. Not many considered it was the NY O-line until after he was behind the Bucs O-line.

Bull.   I called that Ward signing as a bust from day one.    One look at his highlights and it was obvious he had no talent.   He looked like a mediocre runner running through huge gaping holes.    He had no moves at all and little power.   He was basically a poor man's Aaron Stecker and took playing time away from Earnest Graham and Caddy who were both better backs than him.   Worthless and a stupid signing.

Don't forget his other BIG signing in 2009 - Linebacker: Angelo Crowell     he didn't play a down
: January 13, 2012, 08:39:19 AM JavaRay

m_j

Starter

#27 : January 13, 2012, 08:37:18 AM

Sproles wasn't signing with the Bucs no matter what. He didn't want to play with Freeman, he wanted to play with Brees.

can't blaim him for that

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 13, 2012, 08:39:22 AM

People are so funny. You wanna list that he almost paid $100M for Haynesworth as a negative.....even though it didn't happen and we ended up getting him for next to nothing this year AND everyone was screaming for Dom to do it at the time.

Then you wanna complain because we didn't sign certain FAs.....like you have any idea if it was even an option. Sproles for example was never going anywhere but New Orleans. He knew Bush was gone and he wanted that role. He wanted to be back with Drew Brees and he wanted to be on the most high powered offense in the league that was one year removed from the Super Bowl. He wasn't coming here or anywhere else. Besides that you have no idea what the Glazers were allowing Dom to do in FA. Don't be stupid.

The Clayton, Ward, and Quincy Black contracts are really the only three legitimate marks against Dom. You could argue that franchising Antonio Bryant was a bad move too, but I think it was the right move at the time.

futureTBdynasty

Practice Squad

#29 : January 13, 2012, 08:40:02 AM

Dont forget MD stole Briscoe from the Bengals. He also was able to diagnose Antonio Bryant being a problem not a solution.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: List of Dominik's failures as Bucs GM (feel free to add!) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools