Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: List of Dominik's failures as Bucs GM (feel free to add!) « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

player101

Starter
#45 : January 13, 2012, 09:50:07 AM

Stealing a 2nd round pick for Gaines Adams

I forgot about that. That was a crime. That was definitely one of Doms finer moves. Gaines (RIP) was an abysmal player.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\"The facts are disputable\"

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#46 : January 13, 2012, 09:54:34 AM

Finding Tampa's first real franchise QB

Stealing a 2nd round pick for Gaines Adams

Getting our Franchise QB a top TE in Winslow

Finding an absolute steal in the 4th round in Mike Williams

Stealing LeGarrette Blount from the Titans

Finding enough talent on other team's practice squads to go 10-6 in 2010.

Getting two top 10 talents in the 2011 draft in Clayborn and Bowers.

Stealing a division rivals kicker.

I'm not a Feeman hater but at this point a TRUE FRANCHISE QB in Freeman is a stretch.  The guy had 1 good season and 2 bad seasons.  Mike Williams was a good find in the 4th round but lets be honest the guy is a number 2 WR in this league.  K2 a top tier TE is far from the truth.  K2 can make the checkdown catches but the guy is not a playmaker at this point in his career.  As for Blount, the guy isn't an every down back and needs to be replaced.  I agree with the rest though.

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#47 : January 13, 2012, 10:08:40 AM

Angelo Crowell was without a doubt a good signing. He was cheap and had huge upside.

He didn't play a down for the Bucs.   That was not a good signing.

Nugent was also a complete bust.

...but we basically paid him nothing. That is a good risk/reward type move. No issues there.

How about we just leave kickers and punters off the lst because, well, they're kickers and punters so who cares?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#48 : January 13, 2012, 10:19:52 AM

they're kickers and punters so who cares?

Are you kidding?   The best 2 players on the current Bucs rosters are the kicker and the punter.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#49 : January 13, 2012, 10:25:04 AM

Are you kidding?   The best 2 players on the current Bucs rosters are the kicker and the punter.

Thus the reason we are picking in the top 5.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#50 : January 13, 2012, 10:28:59 AM

How much was Crowell's signing bonus?

http://content.usatoday.com/sportsdata/football/nfl/salaries/player/Angelo-Crowell

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#51 : January 13, 2012, 10:33:50 AM

He was on a low end deal that basically if he can't play we cut him and there's no hit., Crowell when he was right was a heck of a LB in BUF.

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#52 : January 13, 2012, 10:37:59 AM

14. Jeff Jagidzinski
15. Jim Bates
16. Not replacing Jim Bates and leaving that responsibility to Raheem, setting him up for failure
17. Not cutting Talib, and allowing this behavior to go unpunished
18. Bringing back Tanard Jackson, furthering the culture mentioned in point 17 above
19. Putting on the headset on national TV and thoroughly embarassing his headcoach and this entire franchise. I have NEVER seen anything so disgraceful in my life. I honestly felt sick for Raheem. Know your role GM, that isn't it.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#53 : January 13, 2012, 12:18:27 PM

16. Not replacing Jim Bates and leaving that responsibility to Raheem, setting him up for failure

That was Raheem's call.   Raheem wanted to be DC.    Why do some people like to act like Raheem was a 12 year old kid rather than a man who could made his own decisions?    Do you really think Dom was preventing Raheem from bringing in a DC if he wanted?

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#54 : January 13, 2012, 12:22:42 PM

why did somebody call Olson a bad person cause he backstabbed Jagz and had the first OL coach replaced but Morris is a nice guy?  Did Morris not fire both Jagz and then his choice of Bates before his 1st year ended?  Wasn't the OL coach his long time friend that he allowed to be fired.  Didn't he fire the first DB coach so he could have his buddy Lake get the job?  Didn't he get rid of both DL coaches who actually turned out to be pretty good coaches with other teams?

RHBucsFan

Pro Bowler

#55 : January 13, 2012, 12:34:31 PM

That was Raheem's call.   Raheem wanted to be DC.    Why do some people like to act like Raheem was a 12 year old kid rather than a man who could made his own decisions?    Do you really think Dom was preventing Raheem from bringing in a DC if he wanted?

If that's the case then Raheem is at fault TOO. This does not take the mistake off Dom's platter though. This is a personnel move, and all personnel moves should be attributed to the GM, not the coach. It's the GMs job to keep the coach in check with things like this. Problems happen when the lines get skewed.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: List of Dominik's failures as Bucs GM (feel free to add!) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools