Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who would agree that Raheem got a RAW deal? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6

stallion504

Rookie

: January 13, 2012, 11:15:46 PM

I will admit that I was one of the fans that thought Raheem should go after he clearly lost control of the players. Look at how much time and effort that the organization appear to be putting into getting the team in the right direction. Look at the comments that the majority of the fans on this site is making regarding the needed pieces to add to this team. We see that it is the owners that is spending the money or lack of and yet everyone came down on Raheem. I mean he had no veterans to motivate the locker room from a players point exept Ronde? I think had Raheem been given the talent, I'm sure he asked for and the mentoring from a Marty figure, he would have had a succesful time here. He was set up for failure from the beginning. I'm just saying.....

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 13, 2012, 11:19:12 PM

Morris is a better coach than 4-12.

He's just the fall guy.

Lots of CRAP went into this year's masterpiece.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 13, 2012, 11:19:27 PM

I backed Coach Morris. Unfortunately, I don't think it was a matter of lacking veteran players, but more it was his lack of organizational skills and his lax approach to player discipline that ultimately cost him his job. He needed to grow, he needed to take control, and he just didn't do that.

bucfan26

Pro Bowler
#3 : January 13, 2012, 11:21:41 PM

I backed Coach Morris. Unfortunately, I don't think it was a matter of lacking veteran players, but more it was his lack of organizational skills and his lax approach to player discipline that ultimately cost him his job. He needed to grow, he needed to take control, and he just didn't do that.

+1

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 13, 2012, 11:22:50 PM

This is what Morris should have done with Dominik after he dumped Ruud and Caddy and decided to hibernate thru the entire Free Agency signing period....

ABuccsFan

Pro Bowler

#5 : January 13, 2012, 11:23:09 PM

He was put into a tough situation and it's not all his fault. But I'm sorry, if anyone thinks it didn't turn out as bad as it did because of Raheem, they are crazy IMO.

Raheem took a talent depleted roster and made them worse by not enforcing discipline, demanding effort and trying too hard to be their pals instead of their boss. I'm sorry, going clubbing with your players is unacceptable.

\"For a brief, shining, moment in history, a select breed truly lived free.\".....Unknown Author.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 13, 2012, 11:24:15 PM

Let's face it, this team turned into an embarrassment. It could have gone 4-12 and at least appeared to have been competitive, but the way this team played wasn't an issue of talent, it was an issue of (lack of) leadership.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 13, 2012, 11:26:12 PM

Don't feel too sorry for him, what was he getting....2 mil per year?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 13, 2012, 11:28:46 PM

The talent thing is interesting to me. You got half the people saying we have the talent but no leadership. Then you got the other half saying that we have no talent at all. I'm kind of in the middle because I think we have talent but are lacking talent in very important places that it was hard to win with missing these pieces. Linebacker stands out to me as the most important. Half of the oline needs to be changed. WR dropped passes and struggled to get open. You could say the scheme was to blame but where was the speed? No back up to Blount when he was out. Some of this is on Dom, glazers and Morris but you look at these things missing from your team and you say no wonder this team sucked. I agree it was time for him to go because nobody should survive a 10 game losing streak. All I really know is there are some key positions lacking talent that will lose you games if you don't fix them.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 13, 2012, 11:29:10 PM

He definitely got a raw deal. No question about that. Been saying it for months. But I agree with others that some of the failures of this season were self inflicted. He will be fine in the long run. No doubt, he learned a lot and will grow from this experience.

mrchillwill

Pro Bowler

#10 : January 13, 2012, 11:30:46 PM

It's the players fault, they are grown men, any player that gives up on the coach with 8 games to go in the season should not be in the NFL, during the 49ers game I remember when Vernon Davis said the players gave up to early, it's a shame they still have there job.

Buc99

Practice Squad

#11 : January 13, 2012, 11:33:10 PM

I don't think a defensive backs coach getting promoted to an NFL head coaching gig is a raw deal.   At that point, he'd already been around the organization long enough to understand the Glaziers and their unwillingness to do whatever it takes to win.  Raheem got some valuable experience as head coach, had a good run last year, and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets another shot at head coach somewhere down the road.

stallion504

Rookie

#12 : January 13, 2012, 11:33:41 PM

He was put into a tough situation and it's not all his fault. But I'm sorry, if anyone thinks it didn't turn out as bad as it did because of Raheem, they are crazy IMO.

Raheem took a talent depleted roster and made them worse by not enforcing discipline, demanding effort and trying too hard to be their pals instead of their boss. I'm sorry, going clubbing with your players is unacceptable.

I hear what your saying and agree 100%, but why did the FO allow this? It was wrong to allow him to have all that responsibility in the first place. We talk about how young Freeman is, but this dude was in his early 30's as a HC/DC of young professional athletes. I'm in my late 30's and the manager of a healthcare organization and I said wow when I first heard of the promotion.

stallion504

Rookie

#13 : January 13, 2012, 11:41:50 PM

The talent thing is interesting to me. You got half the people saying we have the talent but no leadership. Then you got the other half saying that we have no talent at all. I'm kind of in the middle because I think we have talent but are lacking talent in very important places that it was hard to win with missing these pieces. Linebacker stands out to me as the most important. Half of the oline needs to be changed. WR dropped passes and struggled to get open. You could say the scheme was to blame but where was the speed? No back up to Blount when he was out. Some of this is on Dom, glazers and Morris but you look at these things missing from your team and you say no wonder this team sucked. I agree it was time for him to go because nobody should survive a 10 game losing streak. All I really know is there are some key positions lacking talent that will lose you games if you don't fix them.

100% agree.

The other thing lacking was the inability to maximize the strength's of the players that we have.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 13, 2012, 11:50:12 PM

100% agree.

The other thing lacking was the inability to maximize the strength's of the players that we have.

Is that not the HC's job?

sig pic by chace1986

PewterReportMC....
\\\\\\\"Java, do you understand this a perfect example of why people beg me to suspend or ban you on a daily basis? Are you actually trying to make a point? Seriously what is the reason for even commenting. In fact why do you even bother coming to the boards? What happened to the intelligent poster from years ago?  A real shame. Like the Bucs yesterday, a wasted effort.\\\\\\\"
Page: 1 2 3 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who would agree that Raheem got a RAW deal? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools