Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who would agree that Raheem got a RAW deal? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6

stallion504

Rookie

#15 : January 13, 2012, 11:56:53 PM

The talent thing is interesting to me. You got half the people saying we have the talent but no leadership. Then you got the other half saying that we have no talent at all. I'm kind of in the middle because I think we have talent but are lacking talent in very important places that it was hard to win with missing these pieces. Linebacker stands out to me as the most important. Half of the oline needs to be changed. WR dropped passes and struggled to get open. You could say the scheme was to blame but where was the speed? No back up to Blount when he was out. Some of this is on Dom, glazers and Morris but you look at these things missing from your team and you say no wonder this team sucked. I agree it was time for him to go because nobody should survive a 10 game losing streak. All I really know is there are some key positions lacking talent that will lose you games if you don't fix them.

100% agree.

The other thing lacking was the inability to maximize the strength's of the players that we have.

Is that not the HC's job?

No doubt about it. It is. He just should not have been given that much responsibilty. He basically was promoted like what twice in 1 week from DBC to DC to HC/DC.

The Anti-Java

Hall of Famer

#16 : January 14, 2012, 12:07:26 AM

The talent thing is interesting to me. You got half the people saying we have the talent but no leadership. Then you got the other half saying that we have no talent at all. I'm kind of in the middle because I think we have talent but are lacking talent in very important places that it was hard to win with missing these pieces. Linebacker stands out to me as the most important. Half of the oline needs to be changed. WR dropped passes and struggled to get open. You could say the scheme was to blame but where was the speed? No back up to Blount when he was out. Some of this is on Dom, glazers and Morris but you look at these things missing from your team and you say no wonder this team sucked. I agree it was time for him to go because nobody should survive a 10 game losing streak. All I really know is there are some key positions lacking talent that will lose you games if you don't fix them.

100% agree.

The other thing lacking was the inability to maximize the strength's of the players that we have.

No doubt about it. It is. He just should not have been given that much responsibilty. He basically was promoted like what twice in 1 week from DBC to DC to HC/DC.

I don't recall him complaining about it.  He accepted the job, and couldn't produce.  If he didn't think he was ready he should of declined the job offer.  I don't get the pity party.

ABuccsFan

Pro Bowler

#17 : January 14, 2012, 12:17:08 AM

I hear what your saying and agree 100%, but why did the FO allow this? It was wrong to allow him to have all that responsibility in the first place.
I am not exonerating the FO, but your statement is nothing more than searching/digging/reaching for something to pin on the FO. "Allow him all that responsibility?" That is part of the Head Coach's job, responsibilities and duties. That's like asking why the City allows "young" Police officers to carry a gun until they have a few years under their belts. You are either qualified or you're not. In this case they were wrong in their hiring assessment, but it's not like they went into it knowing this result was a possibility but hired him anyway.

\"For a brief, shining, moment in history, a select breed truly lived free.\".....Unknown Author.

DefenseWins

Hall of Famer

#18 : January 14, 2012, 12:18:27 AM

I backed Coach Morris. Unfortunately, I don't think it was a matter of lacking veteran players, but more it was his lack of organizational skills and his lax approach to player discipline that ultimately cost him his job. He needed to grow, he needed to take control, and he just didn't do that.

Disagree that it has most to do with organization.

Morris deserves some blame for sure.

Comparing the proven players in their prime team to team, it's pretty obvious that this team wasn't built with enough credible pieces to suggest consistent wins.

It is a new day in TAMPA BAY!    GO BUCS!!

Mean D

Pro Bowler

#19 : January 14, 2012, 12:25:37 AM

Raw deal my butt.  He made millions to turn our defense into possibly the worst in franchise history.  Clubbing with the players, playing rap music at practice, chest bumping players, etc.  He was no leader at all.

lyronmewis

Hall of Famer

#20 : January 14, 2012, 12:30:13 AM

If Raheem had a few big FAs, and if the lockout never happened, then he would probably be back.

CBWx2

Hall of Famer

#21 : January 14, 2012, 12:38:37 AM

If Raheem had a few big FAs, and if the lockout never happened, then he would probably be back.

Agreed.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#22 : January 14, 2012, 12:42:50 AM

100% agree.

I don't recall him complaining about it.  He accepted the job, and couldn't produce.  If he didn't think he was ready he should of declined the job offer.  I don't get the pity party.

I'm not sticking up for raheem but what strengths are we talking about? I don't think many HC could have gotten much out of those LB that were too slow and couldn't tackle a grandma. What can a HC do if there is no talent in a position that is critical to your system and teams success? I'll say this, even though the team was lacking some talent in some key positions, they still played like they could give a crap about being there. I believe no matter how bad your team is, you can still get them to play hard and work hard in preparations. Something this team never did under Raheem was look ready to play. Talent or no talent, that's a problem in the nfl.

Benchwarmer#1

Hall of Famer

#23 : January 14, 2012, 01:03:58 AM

Raheem did NOT get a raw deal. He was a DB coach that got promoted to HC.

If anything, he got his opportunity and squandered it by playing against the very strengths of his players.

Naismith was right about Revis. Everyone else is a dummy.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#24 : January 14, 2012, 03:03:06 AM

Raw deal my butt.  He made millions to turn our defense into possibly the worst in franchise history.  Clubbing with the players, playing rap music at practice, chest bumping players, etc.  He was no leader at all.

I've never seen a worse head coach than Raheem.   If anyone got a RAW deal, it was the fans.

Bucman

Hall of Famer
#25 : January 14, 2012, 03:12:38 AM

He was an awful coach. Too good of a person to be a HC. Maybe he will learn his lesson and not be such a nice guy the next go around.

ABuccsFan

Pro Bowler

#26 : January 14, 2012, 04:44:19 AM

I've never seen a worse head coach than Raheem.   If anyone got a RAW deal, it was the fans.
Were you in a coma from 2003 to 2008?

\"For a brief, shining, moment in history, a select breed truly lived free.\".....Unknown Author.

TBTrojan

Hall of Famer
#27 : January 14, 2012, 04:51:46 AM

It wasn't even close to a raw deal, if anything he was treated too well.
He had no idea how to be a head coach, the talent was there, it was shown in 2010 and not developed, even in 2011 we saw glimpses of that potential at times when it naturally shone through.
I don't think there was a single aspect of being a head coach that he was even average at, sorry I lie, he seemed solid at challenges.

watson

Hall of Famer
#28 : January 14, 2012, 04:59:30 AM

Not a RAW deal at all.  Was given an unbelieveable opportunity to be one of only 32 NFL HCs and squandered it by failing to take advantage of it.  As has been said many times before, you never stay the same....you either get better or you get worse......failing to provide the leadership the young team needed let the team crash and burn over the last 10 games and that falls directly on his shoulders.  I've never met the man, but he appears to be a really nice guy and hopefully he will learn from this experience and get the opportunity to lead a team in the future.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#29 : January 14, 2012, 05:31:53 AM

I backed Coach Morris. Unfortunately, I don't think it was a matter of lacking veteran players, but more it was his lack of organizational skills and his lax approach to player discipline that ultimately cost him his job. He needed to grow, he needed to take control, and he just didn't do that.
And you think the Upper Management really really cared about that? He was a pawn and the upper management knew his talent. He was just a pacifier till they got out from under Gruden's Pay...JMVHO...OBD

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who would agree that Raheem got a RAW deal? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools