Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I believe in Tim Tebow « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 17, 2012, 03:36:31 PM

I believe Tebow plays for the Broncos and while it's been fun discussing his successes and failures, its time to focus on OUR team.

Okay -whatever you say.

The Bucs need leaders like Tebow and need to rid themselves of players with poor character like Talib, Blount, and anyone else on the team who can't be good citizens on and off the field.

The Bucs could use Tom Brady, too...we don't see (or need) twenty thousand posts dedicated to him.

Very true.

bamabucs

Starter

#31 : January 17, 2012, 03:39:51 PM

Aqib Talib has anger management problem. Thats about the only character flaw I can point out of him. I would not want to use him as an example for Anti-Tebow.

JDouble

Hall of Famer
#32 : January 17, 2012, 03:41:01 PM

There are several threads on these boards claiming we should trade Freeman and sign Matt Flynn....so what can you expect? Best to tune out the idiocy....but it is like a train wreck and hard to ignore sometimes.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#33 : January 17, 2012, 03:46:35 PM

There are several threads on these boards claiming we should trade Freeman and sign Matt Flynn....so what can you expect? Best to tune out the idiocy....but it is like a train wreck and hard to ignore sometimes.

Also true.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#34 : January 17, 2012, 03:59:02 PM

Aqib Talib has anger management problem. Thats about the only character flaw I can point out of him. I would not want to use him as an example for Anti-Tebow.

"Only" problem has gotten him charged with a felony and he's embarrassed the team on several other occasions. Definitely not a character I want on the Bucs. We need to clean house and only bring in players worth a damn, character wise.  And if you don't want to hear a comparison w/ Teebow, I'll use Derrick Brooks as the type of character the Bucs need to bring in. Read Dungy's book.

Just my opinion.
: January 17, 2012, 04:01:37 PM morgan

bamabucs

Starter

#35 : January 17, 2012, 04:02:23 PM

"Only" problem has gotten him charged with a felony and he's embarrassed the team on several other occasions. Definitely not a character I want on the Bucs. We need to clean house and only bring in players worth a damn, character wise.

Just my opinion.

If a talent like Talib can be plucked out of a tree, sure, replace his ass.

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#36 : January 17, 2012, 04:06:46 PM

Gotta bring in good character folks even if less talented if they can't represent the team in the best manner both on and off the field.

You won't see Teebow yelling at his head coach in public in a hotel lobby.

Bucs N Beers

Hall of Famer

#37 : January 17, 2012, 04:31:31 PM

I really haven't been all that impressed with Talib's talent. He gets burnt a bit more than I'd like, has had a few costly penalties and has ended the year on IR the past 2 years. He can be a shutdown corner at times. I'm not overly impressed though. If it weren't for his legal troubles I doubt fans of other teams would even know his name.

HOOOOOOOO!!!!

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 17, 2012, 04:41:10 PM

I really haven't been all that impressed with Talib's talent. He gets burnt a bit more than I'd like, has had a few costly penalties and has ended the year on IR the past 2 years. He can be a shutdown corner at times. I'm not overly impressed though. If it weren't for his legal troubles I doubt fans of other teams would even know his name.

I think he was brought back for a few reasons.

1. We had nobody else. You need corners in a division vs the saints and falcons. If they didn't bring him back the DBs would have been awful. More losses means less chance you have a job afterwards.

2. They didn't want to show free agents that the bucs are loyal to their players. If Talib got dropped without the final verdict it shows free agents that they give up on their players when they are in need. From his case you have no idea if he did anything wrong to begin with.

Last I can say he was Morris friend but I think we all knew that. He does have a legitimate shot at being dropped this offseason but if they don't find a replacement he will be back for the same reason as number one.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 17, 2012, 04:48:32 PM

With the possiblity of picking up a good FA CB(Finnegan, Grimes, Carr)...and drafting a CB like Claiborne in the 1st or Minnefield(2nd)/Boykin(3rd)...dumping Talib should not be a problem for the team in 2012 in terms of talent.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 17, 2012, 05:47:14 PM

You won't see Teebow yelling at his head coach in public in a hotel lobby.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#41 : January 17, 2012, 05:57:00 PM

Brady yelled at his coach in public.

Please explain how a hotel lobby is worse than anywhere else. Please, Im begging you.

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 17, 2012, 06:04:27 PM

If yellling at a coach is de**CENSORED**able, how is anyone still on an NFL team? You really bring up yelling at a coach or ref, but exclude possibly firing a gun at someone out? Or possibly assaulting a cab driver?

yeah, yelling at a coach never happens, not even by the nicest of people. ::)

Morgan

Hall of Famer
#43 : January 17, 2012, 06:09:27 PM

Brady yelled at his coach in public.

Please explain how a hotel lobby is worse than anywhere else. Please, Im begging you.

A player disagreeing on the sidelines with a coordintaor about a play called in the heat of battle and  and a player throwing out numerous F-bombs in the a hotel lobby at his head coach after he confronts him about missing curfew is the same in your book.?

You're clueless.

bamabucs

Starter

#44 : January 17, 2012, 06:12:05 PM

Talib I doubt has ever been used wisely in Raheem's system. Under Monte Talib had to do a lot of man coverage and he did it very well. But once Raheem became the defensive authority, Talib played more zone and often starting with a 10 yard cushion.

Anyways, if the team can land a corner like Finnegan, it saves the trouble of drafting a CB. It would be madness to resort to a moronic policy of cutting all players that do not resemble Tebow in character. Most of the rosters would be down to half if that does happen.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I believe in Tim Tebow « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools