Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My (abbreviated) Plan to a successful franchise « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#30 : January 17, 2012, 02:06:02 PM

I was indifferent to freeman but i saw the potential in 2010 so it looks like this year will be the make or break for him. I knoe its ur plan but i dont see any chance of free goin anywhere this offseason

I agree with you.  As you said, it's what I would do and what I think the Bucs should do.  I don't think they're smart enough to do it though.

Haha just because they won't do your plan doesn't mean they aren't smart enough to.

With respect to Freeman, yes.  Freeman was a bad pick, is a bad player, and won't ever be worth the investment.  Honestly, I believe that if they bring in a defensive minded coach, Freeman's tenure here will be much shorter than if they bring in an offensive minded coach.  At worst, we'll be drafting a 1st rd QB in 2013.

Your opinion doesn't make it so. He could easily have a great season next year and make you look pretty stupid. Just saying its premature and will be given a chance to prove you wrong. They already have lots invested in him so they won't give up on him yet.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#31 : January 17, 2012, 02:15:31 PM

Flynn has played well in exactly one game.

2 games, actually
Clemonts would know better than anyone how good he truly is.  If he was our coach and wanted Flynn then I'd be ok with it.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#32 : January 17, 2012, 02:17:42 PM

I like this plan, but here's what I would do differently.

I would change Josh Johnson's position to kicker so that I could resign him really cheap, then I would make him a quarterback again after resigning him. After that, I would take control of the Indianapolis colts and trade Josh Johnson for their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick. I would than save my game. Simulate all the way to the off-season to see the actual ratings of all the rookies and then reload my game after jotting down which were the best so I could back and draft the better ones.
Well played, sir.  Well played indeed.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#33 : January 17, 2012, 02:17:52 PM

Flynn was throwing to Driver, Jennings, Nelson, and Finley.

Freeman was throwing to Williams, Benn, Briscoe and K2.
ours are all higher draft picks than theirs.  Either Dom sucks or their QBs make them.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#34 : January 17, 2012, 02:21:06 PM

Flynn was throwing to Driver, Jennings, Nelson, and Finley.

Freeman was throwing to Williams, Benn, Briscoe and K2.
ours are all higher draft picks than theirs.  Either Dom sucks or their QBs make them.
My own guess would be a combination of the above, with a side order of their having received competent coaching.

BucBalla85

Hall of Famer

#35 : January 17, 2012, 02:28:15 PM

If I remember correctly it took a little before those guys broke out. Driver has been around for a while and we know what he brings. Jennings and Nelson didn't emerge till later. The same could happen for our guys going forward. They will mature a bit and will get better coaching hopefully. Still too early for me to write those guys off.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#36 : January 17, 2012, 02:35:41 PM

I was indifferent to freeman but i saw the potential in 2010 so it looks like this year will be the make or break for him. I knoe its ur plan but i dont see any chance of free goin anywhere this offseason

I agree with you.  As you said, it's what I would do and what I think the Bucs should do.  I don't think they're smart enough to do it though.

Haha just because they won't do your plan doesn't mean they aren't smart enough to.

With respect to Freeman, yes.  Freeman was a bad pick, is a bad player, and won't ever be worth the investment.  Honestly, I believe that if they bring in a defensive minded coach, Freeman's tenure here will be much shorter than if they bring in an offensive minded coach.  At worst, we'll be drafting a 1st rd QB in 2013.

Your opinion doesn't make it so. He could easily have a great season next year and make you look pretty stupid. Just saying its premature and will be given a chance to prove you wrong. They already have lots invested in him so they won't give up on him yet.

Wait... isn't this where we're supposed to put our OPINIONS out there???  Yes, it's my opinion that Freeman won't ever be a "Franchise QB".  Yes, it's my opinion that Dominik and Morris were wrong for drafting him.  Yes, it is my opinion that if they don't replace him than apparently ON THIS SUBJECT, they were not as smart as me... as I saw this 3 years ago... and I've made that point on here MANY TIMES.  Also, I believe that they won't give up on him yet.  This whole topic is what I believe the team SHOULD do to make it a winner.

pewterblood

Second String

#37 : January 17, 2012, 02:36:05 PM

If the Redskins offer their first for Freeman, I would trade him in a heartbeat. I'm also open to signing Matt Flynn.

SWAGGARRR

Hall of Famer

#38 : January 17, 2012, 02:43:36 PM

Trade Freeman for a 1st and a 2nd or two 2nds, yet you don't think he's the future? LMFAO

Then on top of that you want to add Matt Flynn because of one good game? LMFAO

Flynn could be the next Kolb or the next Brady (highly doubt it)

Should the 49ers have given up on Alex Smith? Or how about Lions after Stafford proving to be injury prone?

Good thing some of you are just "fans" and not GM's.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#39 : January 17, 2012, 02:43:44 PM

If I remember correctly it took a little before those guys broke out. Driver has been around for a while and we know what he brings. Jennings and Nelson didn't emerge till later. The same could happen for our guys going forward. They will mature a bit and will get better coaching hopefully. Still too early for me to write those guys off.

Yeah, Driver has been there for years.  Jennings was drafted in '06, that year he had a nice rookie season.  In '07 he had almost 1,000 yards and 12 TD's.  Then in '08 he had almost 1,300 yards and had 9 TD's.  Does that qualify as "didn't emerge till later"?  Nelson was drafted in '08.  To me, it makes sense that it would take him a while since they already had Driver and Jennings in front of him.  As far as Finely is concerned, I'm pretty sure he hit the ground running, it's just the injuries that has limited his production.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#40 : January 17, 2012, 02:51:56 PM

Trade Freeman for a 1st and a 2nd or two 2nds, yet you don't think he's the future? LMFAO

Then on top of that you want to add Matt Flynn because of one good game? LMFAO

Flynn could be the next Kolb or the next Brady (highly doubt it)

Should the 49ers have given up on Alex Smith? Or how about Lions after Stafford proving to be injury prone?

Good thing some of you are just "fans" and not GM's.

Question 1.  No, I don't.
Questions 2 & 3:  He had 2 good games.  I already think Flynn is better than what Freeman will ever be.  NOTE TO ALL, because apparently people keep missing this, I think Freeman is a below average QB.  If Flynn is just average, then he's better than Freeman.
Question 4:  Alex Smith's lack of production was a result of 6 different coordinators in 6 years.  Freeman had the same one for 3 years.  With respect to Stafford, I always thought he had the potential.  I never felt that about Freeman.
Statement 1:  Not necessarily.

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#41 : January 17, 2012, 02:53:18 PM

Hmmmmmm two 2's  for Freeman huh......so RG3, Kendall Wright, and LMJ?

Get Chip Kelly and I'm buying season tickets.,....

No, a pair of 2nd round pick's.  A 2nd rounder this year and a 2nd rounder next year.

Rd 1 RG3
Rd 2a Wright
Rd 2b via trade LMJ
Rd 3 Brewster

And another #2 next year, add Nicks, Finn, Bowe, and a vet LB.,,.

Yeah, I'm ok with that...,

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#42 : January 17, 2012, 02:54:38 PM

Hmmmmmm two 2's  for Freeman huh......so RG3, Kendall Wright, and LMJ?

Get Chip Kelly and I'm buying season tickets.,....

No, a pair of 2nd round pick's.  A 2nd rounder this year and a 2nd rounder next year.

Rd 1 RG3
Rd 2a Wright
Rd 2b via trade LMJ
Rd 3 Brewster

And another #2 next year, add Nicks, Finn, Bowe, and a vet LB.,,.

Yeah, I'm ok with that...,

If you read my inital post, I don't think the Bucs will be able to get Griffen as I think he goes in the top 4.  If you think he'll fall to 5, that's another matter.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#43 : January 17, 2012, 02:54:54 PM

Why trade Freeman and trade for Flynn when RG3 is right there?

Serious question.

As for the rest, I like the idea of veteran defenders added with some offensive pieces through the draft.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#44 : January 17, 2012, 02:59:21 PM

Why trade Freeman and trade for Flynn when RG3 is right there?

Serious question.

As for the rest, I like the idea of veteran defenders added with some offensive pieces through the draft.

In the initial post, I said I believe that Griffen will be taken in the top 4 before the Bucs have a chance to draft him.  Now, if Griffen does fall to #5, then absolutely I'd take him and not sign Flynn.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My (abbreviated) Plan to a successful franchise « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools