Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My (abbreviated) Plan to a successful franchise « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

moose40

Hall of Famer
#75 : January 18, 2012, 11:06:32 AM

Flynn has limitations that can't be overlooked this is why RG3 is the better choice.  But RG3 could end up being smaller than Flynn so it may be a wash.

Concerning RG3. He is Colt McCoy with a little more athleticism. I don't think he is remotely and upgrade over Freeman.   Flynn is a huge question mark. Largely because you don't know how much the supporting cast, including coaching, contributed to his success. My guess it is way higher than you think. I would also speculate, that if you put Freeman in the GB offense for three years he would be way better than what we have seen him blossom after 2010. With the horror around him he still managed to complete 60+ percent of passes and throw for 3500+ yards in one less game than 2010. Struggles were obvious, but to pretend everything about him went south is shallow.

Att.         Comp    %            Yards        TD        Int      Rtg        Rush Att   Yards   YPA  TD
McCoy Stat Line: 1645   1157   70.3   13,253   112    45   155.0       447     1,571   3.5      20   
RG3 Stat Line:      1192   800           67.1   10,366   78           17   158.9       528      2,254   4.3      33

Isn't it fair to say that we don't know how much of Freeman's 2010 season success was due to coaching, supporting cast and defenses not having much tape? If the coaching and supporting cast were poor, and that's your defense of Freeman's outing in 2011, then how did he have a good 2010 with the same coaching and supporting cast? Shouldn't his first full year of playing have been worse then it was (if poor coaching and poor supporting cast was there)? How did he overcome all those "down sides" in 2010?

And if Philbin or Clements is named the HC, and he brings in the Packer offensive system, I would rather bring in Flynn who has experience running the system rather then watching Freeman attempt to learn a new system.

Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My (abbreviated) Plan to a successful franchise « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools