Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You better get the right guy, no matter how long it takes « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: January 18, 2012, 12:32:39 AM

"I think the overwhelming concern is to get the right guy for the job, and for me, if that takes you one week or one month, it doesn't matter just so long as you get the right guy," Mayock said.

"I mean, you're going to pay this guy a lot of money and you're going to entrust him with the future of your franchise along with your general manager, so you better get the right guy, no matter how long it takes."

http://www2.tbo.com/sports/bucs/2012/jan/18/spsporto4-bucs-lengthy-search-not-out-of-ordinary-ar-348604/

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#1 : January 18, 2012, 12:34:42 AM

There were 2 guys out there who were "the right guy".   Jon Gruden and Jeff Fisher.   Fisher is gone and they aren't even going after Gruden.  So they won't get "the right guy".

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 18, 2012, 12:37:03 AM

Well, we'll know for sure in a few years.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 18, 2012, 12:39:07 AM

True.   

I don't like the crop of guys available this year.   I'm actually thinking Marty may be the way to go.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#4 : January 18, 2012, 12:39:35 AM

There were 2 guys out there who were "the right guy".   Jon Gruden and Jeff Fisher.   Fisher is gone and they aren't even going after Gruden.  So they won't get "the right guy".

Time to grow up and get a new schtick.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 18, 2012, 12:43:01 AM

Java, that is the most biased, crotchety answer you could give.

"IF IT ISN'T GRUDEN OR FISHER THEY SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!"

You have your standards inhumanly set.

You know damn well Gruden doesn't want to come back. You're just unwilling to give anyone but Fisher a chance at being a new coach in Tampa. Now, if you really think Marty is the answer I suppose that counts, but I dout you think he's really the answer.
: January 18, 2012, 12:53:10 AM Beatles123

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 18, 2012, 12:50:50 AM

Gruden wore out his welcome here, and Jeff Fisher has posted 6 winning seasons out of 17 years as a head coach. Neither of them would be ideal for this team, I think. And yeah, for me, among the candidates that have been contacted, I'm biggest on Marty.

Beatles123

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 18, 2012, 12:56:09 AM

Gruden wore out his welcome here, and Jeff Fisher has posted 6 winning seasons out of 17 years as a head coach. Neither of them would be ideal for this team, I think. And yeah, for me, among the candidates that have been contacted, I'm biggest on Marty.
Spot on.

For me it's:

1. Marty
2.Chip Kelly(Not happening, I've moved past it.) NFL Coach in this spot: Zimmer.
3.Chud.(would still like to see if he could do it.)

This space for rent....*sigh* I trusted you coach.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 18, 2012, 01:06:50 AM

I don't think Gruden wore out his welcome.    It wouldn't have taken much for him to get the team back in the playoffs.   

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 18, 2012, 01:11:07 AM

I don't think Gruden wore out his welcome.    It wouldn't have taken much for him to get the team back in the playoffs.

About 30 or 35 new players.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 18, 2012, 02:01:30 AM

This team played so undisciplined last season I'm starting to think only The General, Bobby Knight, could whip them back into shape.

gone

Hall of Famer
#11 : January 18, 2012, 02:12:51 AM

Just to drive home a point, how many seasons did Marty coach and how many losing seasons did he have?

People do need to be informed after all....

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 18, 2012, 02:22:10 AM

Just to drive home a point, how many seasons did Marty coach and how many losing seasons did he have?

People do need to be informed after all....

21 seasons, of which 2 were losing seasons.

BTW, that was with FOUR different teams. Cleveland, Kansas City, Washington, and San Diego.

JavaRay

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 18, 2012, 08:05:34 AM

The Redskins only had Marty for one year then fired him and hired Spurrier.   What a disaster.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer
#14 : January 18, 2012, 08:08:58 AM

I don't know who I want for our next HC but I'll know it when I see it.  I have yet to be wowed.  Very underwhelming group of prospective HCs and if you can't acknowledge that then you are not being honest.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You better get the right guy, no matter how long it takes « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools