Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: offseason (players) « previous next »
Page: 1

wyla86

Second String

: January 18, 2012, 01:37:10 AM

Draft........
1. Morris Claiborne CB 

2. Dont'a Hightower ILB or Vontaze Burfict ILB

3. Sean Spence OLB

5. Marcus Forston, DT

6. Chris Rainey RB

7. Quenton Washington CB

Free Agents.....

1.LaRon Landry,  SS

2.DeSean Jackson, WR

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 18, 2012, 01:49:35 AM

Change out Forston with Ryan Broyles, WR in the 5th and I would be absolutely thrilled with that draft.

wyla86

Second String

#2 : January 18, 2012, 02:14:09 AM

Change out Forston with Ryan Broyles, WR in the 5th and I would be absolutely thrilled with that draft.

Bucs had  a Horrible run defense and Forston is a good player from miami that could help in the inside as a rotating DT keeping Price and McCoy fresh

m_j

Starter

#3 : January 18, 2012, 07:23:37 AM

I would love to see Brandon Lloyd in Tampa
I know opinions on him are divided, but I guess if Rams draft Blackmon he might be willing to go south

And about defensive needs .. we know all that very well

CaptainStagger

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 18, 2012, 07:51:03 AM

Desperately need a Vet LB

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#5 : January 18, 2012, 08:06:18 AM

so basically only one offensive player DeSean Jackson.  Way to surround Freeman with the talent he will need to succeed, if he ever does.  unless he gets better the team doesn't get better.
: January 18, 2012, 09:55:50 AM Skull and Bones

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#6 : January 18, 2012, 09:30:34 AM

Bucs had a Horrible run defense and Forston is a good player from miami that could help in the inside as a rotating DT keeping Price and McCoy fresh

That horrible run defense can be contributed to injuries at DT and piss poor LB play. If we stay in the 4-3, I good with McCoy, Price, Haynesworth(if he restructres) and getting a FA to fill the 4th DT spot. Ryan Broyles if available in the 5th would be an absolute steal IMO.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 18, 2012, 09:37:03 AM

Dont'a Hightower most def. NOT fall out of the first round.  Chris Rainey, IMO, is just a utility guy at the next level.  We need an actual RUNNING BACK.  Blount still cannot be trusted off the field or on the field.  So far he's one dimensional.  I really do not want to be caught with our pants down at RB again.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 18, 2012, 01:26:55 PM

Bucs had a Horrible run defense and Forston is a good player from miami that could help in the inside as a rotating DT keeping Price and McCoy fresh

That horrible run defense can be contributed to injuries at DT and piss poor LB play. If we stay in the 4-3, I good with McCoy, Price, Haynesworth(if he restructres) and getting a FA to fill the 4th DT spot. Ryan Broyles if available in the 5th would be an absolute steal IMO.

Agreed.  If Broyles didn't tear his ACL, he'd go in the 1st round.  I don't see how he makes out of the 3rd.  If he's there in the 5th and the Bucs don't draft him, Dominik should be fired on the spot.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 18, 2012, 03:09:15 PM

Agreed.  If Broyles didn't tear his ACL, he'd go in the 1st round.  I don't see how he makes out of the 3rd.  If he's there in the 5th and the Bucs don't draft him, Dominik should be fired on the spot.

Im a huge Broyles fan...but from everything I was seeing and hearing prior to his injury..he was being graded at best as a late 2nd rounder. He will probably be in the early stages of running by the time OU does their pro day in March...so he may not even get a few legit running times in before the draft...he probably at 100% would have ran in the high 4.4s low 4.5s..but his true strengths are route running and catching. He really could be a Wes Welker-type receiver. I'm thinking that he could probably go mid 3rd to mid 4th....if we are able to get a 4th somehow in a trade for the #5 overall....Broyles would be worth the pick in the 4th..much less the 5th.

TBayXXXVII

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 18, 2012, 04:30:29 PM

Im a huge Broyles fan...but from everything I was seeing and hearing prior to his injury..he was being graded at best as a late 2nd rounder. He will probably be in the early stages of running by the time OU does their pro day in March...so he may not even get a few legit running times in before the draft...he probably at 100% would have ran in the high 4.4s low 4.5s..but his true strengths are route running and catching. He really could be a Wes Welker-type receiver. I'm thinking that he could probably go mid 3rd to mid 4th....if we are able to get a 4th somehow in a trade for the #5 overall....Broyles would be worth the pick in the 4th..much less the 5th.

Yeah, you could be right on that.  I don't really look too far into the future on how these kids rate, I just remember looking on CBS (in their prospect ratings), around this time last year and they had him as the 20th best player for this years draft.  Things change and all, but that was the only time I can remember looking for this years group until just recently.

chace1986

Hall of Famer

#11 : January 18, 2012, 04:40:04 PM

Yeah, you could be right on that.  I don't really look too far into the future on how these kids rate, I just remember looking on CBS (in their prospect ratings), around this time last year and they had him as the 20th best player for this years draft.  Things change and all, but that was the only time I can remember looking for this years group until just recently.

Im usually the same on not looking too far into the future on guys...I just watched a ton of OU games over the past few years and Broyles is a special player..and was a high character guy after stealing some gas his freshman year....so I paid attention to him and a few other Big 12 guys.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#12 : January 19, 2012, 12:19:20 PM

HC - Marty Schottenheimer
OC - Hue Jackson?
DC - ?

FA - samson satele C, evan mathis LG, vincent jackson WR, dqwell jackson LB, bart scott LB, brandon carr CB, jacob hester FB, and possibly martellus bennett.  now that is waaaaay too many names to expect, but only 2 big pickups.  most of the others are only average contracts i would expect.

Draft Trades - trade down in first 5-10 spots, pick up additional 2nd.  Trade Blount for 3rd rounder.

1 - Trent Richardson
2 - chase minnifield/jayron hosely or possibly janoris jenkins/dre kirkpatrick
2 - brandon washington/kelechi osemele
3 - colby fleener
3 - doug martin/isiah pead/cyrus gray

cut faine, KW2.  slide foster to WLB.  transition benn into a WR/RB.  if hue jackson is indeed hired maybe he could sway michael bush/marcel reese to sign here eliminating a hester signing and that second 3rd rounder on a RB.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: offseason (players) « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools