Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mel Kiper's First Mock Draft Has Us Passing On Claiborne For... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5

acooke2

Rookie

: January 18, 2012, 12:26:08 PM

Trent Richardson -

"Don't simply dismiss the idea that Richardson could land here because of the presence of LaGarrette Blount. For one, we know that if you want a potent running game in the NFL, it can't be built simply around one running back. The reality of injuries is too much of a constant to overlook. Secondly, are the Bucs ready to commit to a longer deal with Blount after the 2012 season? Bottom line, the idea can't be dismissed from a team-building standpoint, and that's before you get to what kind of a player Richardson is. A physical freak, he is extraordinarily powerful, explodes from contact, has lower mileage than many third-year studs because he split carries as a freshman and sophomore with Mark Ingram and has developed as a pass-catcher. Richardson is a first-year impact player."

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/id/7467078/mel-kiper-first-mock-draft-year?eleven=twelve

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#1 : January 18, 2012, 12:26:46 PM

/facepalm

Epic fail Kiper.

BucD

Hall of Famer

#2 : January 18, 2012, 12:30:59 PM

I like it.

An IMMEDIATE impact.

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#3 : January 18, 2012, 12:32:06 PM

I like it.

An IMMEDIATE impact.

Yes ask the Jags and Vikes.

sunrisejeff

Hall of Famer
#4 : January 18, 2012, 12:33:02 PM

While I wouldn't be overly pissed if we pick TR if Blackmon, Claiborne and Kalil are off the board and we can't trade back for RG3 rights, I would be upset if we passed up Claiborne for him. Just imo.

ABuccsFan

Pro Bowler

#5 : January 18, 2012, 12:33:50 PM

I guess that means we shouldn't draft Richardson, Kiper sucks. Remember USC Mike Williams was a guaranteed HoF'r?

\"For a brief, shining, moment in history, a select breed truly lived free.\".....Unknown Author.

meatwad4343

Starter

#6 : January 18, 2012, 12:37:30 PM

lol take a closer look at our pick. mel kiper thinks we finished 5-11. wouldn't trust a mock from a guy who can't even get our record right.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#7 : January 18, 2012, 12:47:57 PM

An utterly bad pick. Can't make the RB selection that high anymore. That league is gone.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#8 : January 18, 2012, 12:54:05 PM

I could live with it. Long term it won't be a good pick but he should definitely produce at a top 5 RB level in the NFL if used properly. A lot of great backs though have gone to waste and could never win SB's.. LT, Steven Jackson, AP

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#9 : January 18, 2012, 12:55:20 PM

I like it.

An IMMEDIATE impact.

Yes ask the Jags and Vikes.
the Jags kicked our ass and the Vikings would have too if they had kept feeding AP.

acacius

Hall of Famer

#10 : January 18, 2012, 12:57:34 PM

the Jags kicked our ass and the Vikings would have too if they had kept feeding AP.
I have higher goals for the team than "being able to kick the asses of the 2011 Bucs".  I wouldn't be as down on this pick as dalbuc, but I'd stil be pretty bleh about it.

JavaRay

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer

#11 : January 18, 2012, 12:57:52 PM

Great pick!

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#12 : January 18, 2012, 12:58:22 PM

I could live with it. Long term it won't be a good pick but he should definitely produce at a top 5 RB level in the NFL if used properly. A lot of great backs though have gone to waste and could never win SB's.. LT, Steven Jackson, AP

the problem is that, as someone said, RB's are immediate impact. You can get one when you need the boost over the top. Yoou don't need thema as part of your long range plans. We're not at the immediate need standpoint so why get a guy who has a short shelf life now rather than later?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Skull and Bones

Hall of Famer

#13 : January 18, 2012, 12:58:47 PM

I'm not in favor of it either.  TR isn't that special.  But I'd have no problem with a 2nd or 3rd being used on the position.

Cerious

Hall of Famer

#14 : January 18, 2012, 01:00:36 PM

the problem is that, as someone said, RB's are immediate impact. You can get one when you need the boost over the top. Yoou don't need thema as part of your long range plans. We're not at the immediate need standpoint so why get a guy who has a short shelf life now rather than later?

That's the point really. 3-4 years down the road and Richardson will have too much wear and tear on him and will still be searching for a dominant OT, CB or WR.
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Mel Kiper's First Mock Draft Has Us Passing On Claiborne For... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools